Page 10 of 95 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Thread

Default Re: Trump Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    You're gonna waste a lot of time this way. Just assume he doesn't know anything and save time by not asking.
    Maybe he's trying to expand his world view.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    That brand of identity politics is a component of the American Political left co-culture. Altering it is a cultural change process and well past the ability of any government appointee to do more than nudge a bit.
    She could at least undo some of the Title IX abuse that was pushed out during the Obama administration.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou View Post
    Private schools have the ability to fail and go out of business if they underperform. Students can attend other schools and take their funding with them. I thought that was obvious.
    It's not because that not how the market will be set up. The vouchers will only be given to certain groups who will have no incentive to improve beyond the public school standards. Education, like healthcare, does not decrease in demand when it becomes more expensive and declines in quality because it is a necessity for everyone.

Member thankful for this post:

The TRUE 'free market fetishist' would assert that mandated education itself should be abolished, and that it should be each parent's decision to educate their children or not and it should be their own financial decision as to how to fund that education if they do so.
    We already had this conversation Seamus...in the early 1900s.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    There is a multiquote function you know.

Primarily Democrat senators who arent in trump's interest to woo, what with all but a few being unwilling or incapable or of cooperating with the current administration at this point.
    And Republican's didn't obstruct the basic functions of government during Obama's entire term?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou View Post
    She could at least undo some of the Title IX abuse that was pushed out during the Obama administration.
    I agree. Women's sports are boring. Why are we funding this garbage.

Xiahou 

Defund football.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Members thankful for this post (3):

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    And Republican's didn't obstruct the basic functions of government during Obama's entire term?
    They did, then reid did took the nuclear option and left the way open for trump to do use it as precident to do worse should the Dems try it.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

They did, then reid did took the nuclear option and left the way open for trump to do use it as precident to do worse should the Dems try it.
    Don't change the topic. You made a comment about Democrats "unwilling or incapable or of cooperating" with Trump. Do you have an issue with this?

Blog Entries

"Dont change the topic" Says the man who's response at the statement "it's not in turmp's interest to woo democrats" is to go "What about the republicans and obama".
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

"Dont change the topic" Says the man who's response at the statement "it's not in turmp's interest to woo democrats" is to go "What about the republicans and obama".
    It's a simple question. You still have not answered.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    We already had this conversation Seamus...in the early 1900s....
    I knew I had been feeling a little old and creaky lately. What was it you said that made me stop arguing and let T.R. get on with it? I have gaps in my memory these days.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Another in the "Had Obama done something like this..."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-no...-idUSKBN15N1YN

When (or by whom) can the prestige of public office and the reach of its platforms be used to further the interests of the individual or related parties?
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Defund football.
    You're a nerd.

Also Spelling was an awful Edu. Secretary. The woman was one of the principal people behind the biggest piece of unfunded government overreach since Nam. Why do we want to return to bad people? What kind of relativism is that? The usual 10th amendment peanut gallery is all "what could go wrong with the federal government handing out mass vouchers?".

Devos made her money from freaking Amway. That's a pyramid scheme. I can think of no better person to hand out federal monies tied to education.

i understand their are a litany of problems with the education system that money can't fix. Everyone has seen the studies were there is a point where money stops helping. However, that does not mean this woman gets to remake the system is her own image because she is king of cash mountain.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Trump's also a twit, but has managed to do a few good things as president. So, who knows?
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

http://www.businessinsider.com/kelly...s-stuff-2017-2

This is what's going to be his downfall. Can't separate himself from his money. Can't even be Clinton low key about it.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

http://www.businessinsider.com/kelly...s-stuff-2017-2

This is what's going to be his downfall. Can't separate himself from his money. Can't even be Clinton low key about it.
    You "dance with the one who brung you." It is his aura of money and "always finds a way to win" that is the source of his gravitas. If he downplays them, he downplays himself.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Blog Entries

I would laugh if this of all things is what gets the advisors everyone is worried about removed.

Competent entries to the 'Me Too' series from Namibia and Morocco.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Members thankful for this post (3):

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Competent entries to the 'Me Too' series from Namibia and Morocco.
    The original page has been changed and now contains entries from all over the world, such as Australia, the two you mention and I think a few new European ones. On youtube one can also find videos from Iran and other countries not listed there (yet?).

In general Trump news, Gorsuch was apparently not amused by how Trump talks about the judiciary:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/cong...-trump-n718936

And senator Mitch McTurtle and friends tried to silence senator Warren when she wanted to read an old letter from MLK's wife about Jeff Sessions and his racist attempts to disparage blacks from voting back in the 80s:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/heres-the...131932007.html

As noted in the video, four male senators read the letter on the next day and were apparently not silenced.
    There is also a 5 minute overview (and interview) from the liberalist propaganda machine:

The idea that one senator cannot point out the mistakes or unethical motives of another seems really stupid in this situation. After all they're supposed to vote on whether he is fit for a certain office. Possible that I don't entirely get what that rule says, but given that four senators could do the same thing one day later, the application is obviously very selective and politically motivated.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Blog Entries

I saw a theory stating that the Republicans are trying to encourage Warren as a "pied piper" candidate like trump was supposed to be for hillary. Seem to think she's the best candidate available for Trump to go against in 2020.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 02-10-2017 at 21:16.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Well we have no idea who will rise to prominence among the Democrats for 2020. In 2004 did anyone think Obama would become the nominee? Warren might be popular now but will she be in 2020? I also cant see her in a position like that, she seems like she does best in the Senate.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Blog Entries

Hence the theory; she's not exactly the best choice the Dems could make.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

I just think it is way too early to be speculating about who will run. I kinda think the candidate who runs isnt even on the radar yet.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    Well we have no idea who will rise to prominence among the Democrats for 2020. In 2004 did anyone think Obama would become the nominee?
    Eli Attie?

Warren, given her stance on the various issues, is the "heir" to Bernie Sanders, who will likely be too old to stage a run in 2020 (likely, not certainly, he seems pretty spry overall). 2020 will be tougher for the Donald -- unless the Dems somehow manage to find someone with as many negatives as HRC.

Well, that's assuming there will be an election in 2020

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opi...082840828.html

Either way, this whole 2020 speculation is just a distraction from the fact that Trump wants to assemble a cabinet of horrors...

Alas, Kellyanne might be losing her shine:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ne-conway.html

Her ethics breach might have been "taking one for the team" but it looks like the media is getting tired of interviews that convey either no information, or "alternative facts".

Not like her boss is much better at "facts":

Last edited by HopAlongBunny; 02-11-2017 at 12:41.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Husar 

Blog Entries

Warren, given her stance on the various issues, is the "heir" to Bernie Sanders, who will likely be too old to stage a run in 2020 (likely, not certainly, he seems pretty spry overall). 2020 will be tougher for the Donald -- unless the Dems somehow manage to find someone with as many negatives as HRC.
    Depends how the next 4 years go, Trump keeps doing what he's doing, that being checking off campaign promises, (with the grace of a beached whale notwithstanding) and keeping the scandals to pointless spats noone outside the democrat leaning media gives a toss about, he'll win against anything short of a 2008 Obama.

On the other hand if he commits a lybia level screwup the bernie/warren brigade might have a chance.

Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Members thankful for this post (5):

Its pretty clear to me; Trump is bringing the world closer together!
    Brings a tear to me eye

Ja-mata TosaInu

Page 10 of 95 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast