The Steam version of MTW is quite prone to crashes for some people. I am sadly among that number. I have found that by re validating the local MTW files on the my computer EVERY TIME before I play I can greatly reduce the crashes. Problem is this will replace any modded files with original vanilla files. The crash problem and fix was true before I modded any files. Now this is annoying but no big problem when I just mod Crusader units and buildings and Start Pos. It's easy to keep copies of the modded files and put them back in the game from a central location via shortcuts. But last night I got it in to my head to make a new unit. Read up on the process and you have to mess around with a lt of files to do that. So the only way I could see to do this was make a clean copy of the entire MTW folder that had just had just been re validated do all my mods there and swap it out every time i play. Takes 11 minutes on my computer to move this folder. Real boring. Has anyone else dealt with this problem or similar and come up with a better answer?