Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Swords and Sorcery Mafia Without the Swords [Concluded]

Default Re: Swords and Sorcery Mafia Without the Swords [In Play]

Got any thoughts outside of Al, Arak?

Dremora Courtier Member Arakhor's Avatar

I already posted most of my views so far in #239.

Other than those, Montmorency's role-fishing is clearly suspect and not just because it's anti-fun. I'm not sure what to make of the idea that at least one person had a lynch spell available - I can't decide whether that's more likely to be villagery or not.

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Dislike your last sentence there Arakhor. Can't quite say why.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I don't know about Lewwyn. He looks pretty good rn. I'm getting tired of Zack not answering my question though.

Vote: Kcaz

I don't remember if I have to unvote.
    Yep, answering questions is something i simply can't do as a wolf. I've been caught.

Default Re: Small Mafia Game: Swords and Sorcery Mafia Without the Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Arakhor View Post
    Given that Visor often does really silly things as town, I might be inclined to agree, but I'm not seeing the other throwaway comments about people's innocence or lack thereof.

Renata also looks like she's going to be purified first.
    Arakhor, can you explain what you meant by not seeing the other throwaway comments, etc? What is this saying to you about Visor?

Quote Originally Posted by kcaZ View Post
    Yep, answering questions is something i simply can't do as a wolf. I've been caught.
    Just answer the lady's question.

I think Arakhor may be the scum we're looking for today.

Summary: uses a lot of words that don't really mean anything, and would like to know how he goes from Al Sips too scummy for scum to voting him after all.

Could absolutely see this as bussing now that Al has 4 votes, so remain willing to vote for Al Sips.

Vote: Arakhor

Given that Visor often does really silly things as town, I might be inclined to agree, but I'm not seeing the other throwaway comments about people's innocence or lack thereof.

Renata also looks like she's going to be purified first.
    Atheotes is typically a lurker of a lot of the time and Visor often does weird things, but that mutual town read on the slenderest of meetings does seem rather odd.

Isn't OMGUS wonderful?

I remember in Masque of Death Winston was fairly windy throughout the game, but was also innocent. A quiet Winston who's not also absent would be somewhat weird to me.

I'd consider voting for Al too, based on the strength of his single post, but Day One seems rather too early for a policy lynch. It just seems too scummy, as it were.

As for Visor/Atheotes, Visor frequently changes his mind and chats up the thread a lot, but often he's on to something at the same time.
    There's only six hours to go or so and Al still hasn't posted more than once, which is a much better reason to give him my vote than my early random-vote. Vote: Al Sipsclar.

(Apologies for the edit above - I was trying to respond to Visor's ninja-post, but too slowly it seems.)

I like GH for seeing this aspect of Arakhor's play before I did.

I meant that I don't form the same impression of other people's guilt or innocence as quickly as everyone else seems to do. I'm more inclined to believe that Visor is town at the moment, given that his current behaviour matches other times I've known him to be town.

You quoted the very post where I said that a policy vote was better than a random vote and then say you don't know why I did that??

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    I like GH for seeing this aspect of Arakhor's play before I did.
    If you don't know that I am known for sesquippedalian loquaciousness by now, regardless of my status, then we really have not played together in FAR too long. As I've already said before, my rambling is in part due to my indecisiveness.

Just answer the lady's question.
    I don't even know what it is.

I meant that I don't form the same impression of other people's guilt or innocence as quickly as everyone else seems to do. I'm more inclined to believe that Visor is town at the moment, given that his current behaviour matches other times I've known him to be town.
    What did you mean by you're not seeing the other random posts about guilt or innocence, etc.

You quoted the very post where I said that a policy vote was better than a random vote and then say you don't know why I did that??
    And previously you'd said day one was two early for a policy vote, and Al Sips looked too scummy to be scummy to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by kcaZ View Post
    I don't even know what it is.
    So look it up.

What did you mean by you're not seeing the other random posts about guilt or innocence, etc.
    Just that. I always wonder whether all those posts about 'knowing' someone's innocence is just grandstanding, because I've never been able to discern that for myself.

And previously you'd said day one was two early for a policy vote, and Al Sips looked too scummy to be scummy to boot.
    I wasn't wrong, but would you prefer I stayed with my random vote? Besides, people who only show up once a day to make a single post and then leave really irritate me, so I'd wouldn't miss anyone who did that in a game.

Afterthought - if scum-Arakhor's vote on Al is the fourth vote on him and he's going to get purified either way, wouldn't it be more obvious to bus him than not?

Well obviously I would prefer that you be a townie and vote for someone you think is scummy instead of someone who happens to irritate you, but then we can't always get what we want.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    I'm fairly sure we didn't all get the same spellbooks and some people probably got unique spells.

I ALSO think that its probably not wise to share what you have because that information is fairly useful for scum. (Also its kinda unfun).
    I feel like this quote is isn't alignment-indicative for Visor specifically, but I've noticed a general trend recently of the person coming out and saying not to talk about mechanics/night actions/stuff along those lines being >rand scum.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Other than those, Montmorency's role-fishing is clearly suspect and not just because it's anti-fun. I'm not sure what to make of the idea that at least one person had a lynch spell available - I can't decide whether that's more likely to be villagery or not.
    Actually this could also fit in with my most recent post as well. Arakhor, can you walk me through precisely why you consider Monty's actions here suspect?

Unrelated, but both atheotes and Al Sipsclar not coming back is worrysome.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Worrisome*

That was one of my kid's spelling words yesterday.

Blog Entries

*sees that Renata is on the "interested" list for my next game*

*makes a note to make some special adjustments on her role PM*

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Actually this could also fit in with my most recent post as well. Arakhor, can you walk me through precisely why you consider Monty's actions here suspect?

Unrelated, but both atheotes and Al Sipsclar not coming back is worrysome.
    Do you think that their lurking is alignment indicative? They both always seem to be kind of low posters, so I don't see what you think is so out of the ordinary with this.

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Innocent child + Jester combo?

Uh oh.

By the way, GH, my kid got it right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Do you think that their lurking is alignment indicative? They both always seem to be kind of low posters, so I don't see what you think is so out of the ordinary with this.
    Not to this extent, particularly not with Al. His one and only post was now made over 36 hours ago, and while that post on its own is null, the fact that he hasn't come back yet (when there was an implicit promise of doing so) sets off alarms. atheotes I'm willing to give a little more leeway to, but his last post was also 24 hours ago, and I'm independently scumreading him for other reasons as well.

~~~~~~~~

Out of game:

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Innocent child + Jester combo?
    Heh, you're going to learn something about the way I host sooner rather than later.

By the way, GH, my kid got it right.
    Can I get the nutso third party role with 1/1000 chance of winning, please? I like those.

Blog Entries

So there were two instances that I just read back on: The mafia chat for Synecdoche's Confections game a few months back (we were scum together), where Al posted more than usual D1, got in hot water for it, and said he had to be a "forever lurker". The second one was the unpublished DVC for Pizza's Representative Democracy game (which I will not link to per Pizza's request) where Al was town, got lynched, and said he regretted getting "wordier" and that next time he'd go "full johnhughthom".

So probably NAI then on further review. Al gets a slight boost, but I'd still like him to post more.

Wish Dp had not shown up for one post and then disappeared. All three of my voters parking there without a care it seems.

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast