Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Swords and Sorcery Mafia Without the Swords [Concluded]

Default Re: Swords and Sorcery Mafia Without the Swords [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by kcaZ View Post
    Yep, answering questions is something i simply can't do as a wolf. I've been caught.
    You snark. You quip. You don't respond. I don't really understand why you're avoiding answering this question at all, and that's why I'm voting you.

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

vote: Arakhor

Doubt we're getting a third vote on Winston at this point much less a fourth.

Al Sipsclar - 4 (Winston Hughes, Visor, Arakhor, Dp101)
    DP101 - 3 (Choxorn, Lewwyn, Bsmith)
    Renata - 2 (Montmorency, Snerk)
    Arakhor - 2 (Csargo, Renata)
    Winston Hughes - 1 (Kcaz)
    Montmorency - 1 ((Atheotes))
    Atheotes - 1 (GHC)
    BSmith - 1 (Al Sipsclar)
    Kcaz - 1 (Sooh)

Literally have > half the game as potential scum right now.

Dremora Courtier Member Arakhor's Avatar

What does NAI mean?

Notice:

I had an appointment that was scheduled for 10-11 pushed back to 11-12. As a result resolution will be a bit behind, at most 1h depending on traffic.

Conversation should still stop at 12, and I'll try to post something to that effect, but if someone else could call an EOD @ 12:00 that would be appreciated.

Sorry for the inconvenience, Doctors suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakhor View Post
    What does NAI mean?
    Not alignment indicative.

Default Re: Small Mafia Game: Swords and Sorcery Mafia Without the Swords

I also think Winston popping in to say only this is not a good look.
    I got home from work, started reading, responded to that post, my family got home, I made them dinner, and now I'm back.

In that game, choxorn got plenty of flak for his behavior, and at best his posting was defended as being not bad, not "pure". He was only "cleared" after a pretty dedicated bussing of his teammate. I think bringing it up like this is a fairly disingenuous way of discrediting a townread of choxorn in this game, and I say that without really having an opinion on chox here either way.
    I died N1, and I only half followed it afterwards, but what I recall is him looking very townie D1, and several people (me included) saying so.

Why are you painting everything I say and do in the worst possible light?

It's like you're not even considering whether or not I'm scum, you're just looking for any excuse you can find to keep your vote on me.

Current official Tally.

Arakhor- Al Sipsclar (4)
    Dp101- Al SIpsclar
    Visor- Al Sipsclar
    Winston Hughes- Al Sipsclar
    Bsmith- Dp101 (3)
    Choxorn- Dp101
    Lewwyn- Dp101
    Csargo- Arakhor (2)
    Renata- Arakhor
    Montmorency- Renata (2)
    Snerk- Renata
    GeneralHankerchief- Atheotes (1)
    Al Sipsclar- BSmith (1)
    Sooh- Kcaz (1)
    Atheotes- Monmorency (1)
    Kcaz- Winston Huges (1)

Arakhor hasn't seemed scummy to me. Wouldn't lynch.

Dp101 is different to previous games. His read on me is absolutely on the money, and he does have more experience with my recent play than anyone else, but I have an instinctive dislike for that kind of snuggle. Could lynch.

Al could just be absent, but he could just as well be frozen. Could lynch.

I'm not entirely convinced by Renata's changing-it-up-for-the-sake-of-my-scum-game narrative, but I'm going to give her the benefit for now. Wouldn't lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    Not alignment indicative.
    Thank you. I'm not a big fan of tactical voting either, but people who want to survive will generally do whatever they can.

It's not so much the fact that he voted for Al as the way he did it, and it being so long before end of day. And I'm being a total hypocrite I realize, because in my last town game I got dinged EoD2 for a similar self-preservation vote 15 min before the end (an eternity in MU terms apparently, though not for me when I'm so amped up I can't type straight). And I have more sympathy now for all the townies who saw my "No choice. Vote Lissa" post and thought 'you what now'?

Would lynch from the one-vote pile:

Monty - no.

Snerk - maybe.

GH - no.

Sooh - no.

atheotes - maybe.

Kcaz - probably.

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

It's not so much the fact that he voted for Al as the way he did it, and it being so long before end of day. And I'm being a total hypocrite I realize, because in my last town game I got dinged EoD2 for a similar self-preservation vote 15 min before the end (an eternity in MU terms apparently, though not for me when I'm so amped up I can't type straight). And I have more sympathy now for all the townies who saw my "No choice. Vote Lissa" post and thought 'you what now'?
    I was heading out, and didn't know if I would be back before deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    Kcaz - probably.
    You and Zack often seem to have that effect on each other, no matter how short a time has elapsed.

And from the no vote pile:

Bsmith - maybe.

Choxorn - no.

Visor - no.

Csargo - maybe.

Lewwyn - no.

You and Zack often seem to have that effect on each other, no matter how short a time has elapsed.
    Last time, it was all me going after him, and he was scum.

This time, it's all been him going after me, and I'm town.

Make of that what you will.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Winston, you've got a lot of maybes and no yesses on those lists.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Winston, you've got a lot of maybes and no yesses on those lists.
    If I had a yes, then I'd be voting for them and campaigning for others to do likewise.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If I had a yes, then I'd be voting for them and campaigning for others to do likewise.
    Even your top scumread, Al, is listed as a "could lynch" though. Is there a difference between that and "maybe"?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Have post brewing, but need to catch two pages.

For now:

Vote: Arakhor because it's too late to think and I want to make a point about please prepend "Vote:" to your votes you savages.

Actually, Unvote; Vote: DP101 because it's time I tasted his blood.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Even your top scumread, Al, is listed as a "could lynch" though. Is there a difference between that and "maybe"?
    Al and Dp being realistic options is the main difference, but they're both on the more lynchable end of the maybe spectrum.

I came into this game with the deliberate decision before I ever saw my role PM to stomp all over my town personality in one specific way I noticed I had problems with in my scum game on MU last week. And then I see myself getting rousing town reads from two of the more influential players in the game anyway, and it's not likely both of them are scum trying to pocket me. So go figure.

As for stray votes day one, I get them every single game. I've literally never not. Yet everyone seems to believe I obvtown myself within ten seconds whenever I am town, and hold it against me when I don't. See Dp this game, if he's not scum looking for a pockety way to jump on the biggest bandwagon. I need that to stop.
    What is this one neat trick that doctor's don't want me to know?

Good question; what is your actual read of Snerk?
    Good guy. Top guy.

This is rolefishing and you should feel bad.
    Better earlier than never.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewwyn View Post
    So the person who doesn't list their powers is a vig?
    No, people list their roles except for, if they have it, vig. Then everyone can be a vig.

Difficulty in posting as fluently and freely as I do when I am town. I shortened my posts at the beginning of this game and stopped saying as much of what was on my mind as I usually do.
    So what, you're trying to close the difference between scum and town styles? That's why you're so weird this time?

Unvote: Renata

Quote Originally Posted by Lewwyn View Post
    Slightly scummy on post basis, but slightly towny on meta basis.
    You remember my meta? It's been years.

I know for a fact that lynchproof was an available spell (Tier 4 6 mana cost). Either he's lying (monty is a good liar)
    AHA! So my rolefishing is bearing fruit. In my spell list, there was only one Tier 4 spell: Incinerate. I'm comfortable concluding that the selections offered to different players were randomized a bit. Otherwise there are certain clearly-superior powers that we would see 5 or 10 people taking. I won't confirm or deny taking Incinerate (though there were numerous other good spells on the table).

...Good liar?

Yep, answering questions is something i simply can't do as a wolf. I've been caught.
    But isn't that how you rolled in Democracy?

If you don't know that I am known for sesquippedalian loquaciousness by now, regardless of my status, then we really have not played together in FAR too long. As I've already said before, my rambling is in part due to my indecisiveness.
    DP101 already fills that slot.

Afterthought - if scum-Arakhor's vote on Al is the fourth vote on him and he's going to get purified either way, wouldn't it be more obvious to bus him than not?
    Actually, it would be null on its face.

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    I might switch. Feels like GH hasn't done much, and would be a decent option. Dislike your current case, mostly because I can't see anything alignment indicative in anything you quoted. Do you know if Visor is more serious or more jokey as mafia? It might help me figure out if the thanking posts without posting thing he did earlier was towny or not.
    He thanked plenty of posts in Democracy. Of course, he was more aggressive in Democracy.

Well, apart from the fact that trying to prompt a full role-reveal on Day One (you know, before anything has happened) is just disrespectful to the designer's work, it was the inept way he went about it. Vigilantes shouldn't reveal, thereby suggesting that those who don't reveal have vig powers, but doctors, role-blockers and other town power roles should reveal, because of course the scum will be nice enough not to take advantage of that.

In summary: it's un-fun, inept and counter-productive either way, but it's not necessarily scummy, no.
    I disagree.
    Vitiate Man.

Blog Entries

Any overall conclusions on the state of things after that Barto-esque post, Monty?

Any overall conclusions on the state of things after that Barto-esque post, Monty?
    Barto-esque, for sure.

But is it Bartesque?

Let's talk in the night.

For now, perhaps people could respond to more elements of these big posts I've left, here and on Page 9.
    Vitiate Man.

If only I knew what Barto-esque implied.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    DP101 already fills that slot.
    This is my first game here. I wasn't aware that being rambly and seemingly scummy was copyrightable.

In summary: it's un-fun, inept and counter-productive either way, but it's not necessarily scummy, no.
    I disagree.
    Which bit are you disagreeing with? Un-fun, inept, counter-productive or not necessarily scummy?

Vote: Arakhor because it's too late to think and I want to make a point about please prepend "Vote:" to your votes you savages.

Actually, Unvote; Vote: DP101 because it's time I tasted his blood.
    So... late-day "random" vote, followed by a vote (in the same post!) to throw DP101 into a tie once again?

This is then followed by a vote for Renata, which isn't valid because it's not in red and thus makes your 'complaint' about proper voting most ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    You snark. You quip. You don't respond. I don't really understand why you're avoiding answering this question at all, and that's why I'm voting you.
    What question? lol

I got home from work, started reading, responded to that post, my family got home, I made them dinner, and now I'm back.

I died N1, and I only half followed it afterwards, but what I recall is him looking very townie D1, and several people (me included) saying so.

Why are you painting everything I say and do in the worst possible light?

It's like you're not even considering whether or not I'm scum, you're just looking for any excuse you can find to keep your vote on me.
    It's like I think you're wolfy.

For now, perhaps people could respond to more elements of these big posts I've left, here and on Page 9.
    I'd like to point out that page-lengths are variable, but a post number is not.

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast