Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1455

Thread: Swords and Sorcery Mafia Without the Swords [Concluded]

Default Re: Swords and Sorcery Mafia Without the Swords [In Play]

snerk

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    I'd like the honor of being NKed. Can you arrange it?
    No, sorry.

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Phooey.

Dremora Courtier Member Arakhor's Avatar

Funnily enough, Snerk has form as being the last remaining mafioso. He got to chew the scenery in Masque of Death too.

I always appreciate a good bit of scenery chewing, and this is pretty good.

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

The oppression of the Sith corrupted will never return! YOU. HAVE. LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakhor View Post
    Funnily enough, Snerk has form as being the last remaining mafioso. He got to chew the scenery in Masque of Death too.
    Lol true dat. But IIRC I had a lot more wiggle room in that game than I ever had here. But I guess that's a topic for the post game chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Choxorn View Post
    The oppression of the Sith corrupted will never return! YOU. HAVE. LOST.
    Lost? Only a Sith corrupt mage deals in absolutes..

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snerk View Post
    *clouds gathers*

*room darkens*

*lightning cracks*

*voice darkens*

Foolish council! With you foolish uncorrupt ways! I pity you wretched souls who will walk through life without ever tasting the sweet sweet wine of corruption. The uncorrupt way is a bent and miserabel crawl through life, never living up to your real potential. And don't get me started on the music. Your uncorrupt music is terrible!! With your happy clappy naive themes. You haven't lived until you've had a flagon of corrupt ale and rocked out to some sick corrupt beats. Also corrupt chicks are so much better than uncorrupt ones..

You will never be able to destroy corruption. It will always linger within the mages, sleeping, biding it's time. Until it's reawakening when it will claim victory for pure corruption and the end of the council once and for all.

Oh and lynches are silly, let us dispense with such foolishness. cast: STASIS

And as for tonight. Let's just say there is a surprise in store. There can be no victory over the all powerful might of corruption.

Corruption rules, the council drools!
    10/10, much better than lolcatting.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

I voted "Extend".

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    I voted "Extend".
    I think we found the scum, guys!

Is there a reason not to end day early? Assuming Jabbz is available of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerk View Post
    *clouds gathers*

*room darkens*

*lightning cracks*

*voice darkens*

Foolish council! With you foolish uncorrupt ways! I pity you wretched souls who will walk through life without ever tasting the sweet sweet wine of corruption. The uncorrupt way is a bent and miserabel crawl through life, never living up to your real potential. And don't get me started on the music. Your uncorrupt music is terrible!! With your happy clappy naive themes. You haven't lived until you've had a flagon of corrupt ale and rocked out to some sick corrupt beats. Also corrupt chicks are so much better than uncorrupt ones..

You will never be able to destroy corruption. It will always linger within the mages, sleeping, biding it's time. Until it's reawakening when it will claim victory for pure corruption and the end of the council once and for all.

Oh and lynches are silly, let us dispense with such foolishness. cast: STASIS

And as for tonight. Let's just say there is a surprise in store. There can be no victory over the all powerful might of corruption.

Corruption rules, the council drools!
    As Snerk casts the stasis spell, the wind stills. Sounds dampen. Smells become less substantial. Even with their highly trained minds, every mage present has to bring all of their focus to bear just to speak. The magics necessary to enact the Ritual of Purification would be impossible under these circumstances.

The game will continue until the allotted end of phase, but there will be no lynch this day.
    Last edited by Jabbz; 02-15-2017 at 01:09.

Well all righty. I say we all use all our mana burn on him if we have it (like I tried to do last night!) and if anybody's got a vig they use that too. If he can do something about that, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    I think we found the scum, guys!
    If they'd just told me the cool stuff about corruption in the first place, I might have been tempted.

But it's clear now that the price of all that sex, wine and country music is you look really suspicious and you can't shoot for shit.

ugh really

can't we just end it, seems pointlessly tedious to drag it out :/

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kcaZ View Post
    ugh really

Agree with this, assuming Snerk's our final mafioso.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcaZ View Post
    ugh really

Yeah seriously there's no point to spending the next 18 hours staring at Snerk and being like, "sup?"

Blog Entries

@Snerk

sup?

So is this night phase, or are we literally waiting for the day phase to end with no lynch before we can do anything?

If anyone can vig, say so now, because I probably just jail Snerk tonight.

If anyone can scan, just say so.

Also, if Snerk is scum, why does Csargo have the stasis power? Could we really have Csargo-Snerk, or 5 mafia + 1 SK in a game with 10 townies?

I mean, our extra special performance wouldn't negate the inherent imbalance if that were the case.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

@Csargo, have you a comment?
    Vitiate Man.

Day four ends without a sound. Despondent each member of the guild wanders into the holes for what they hope is last time. Despite his desperate attempts during the night, Snerk is unable to accomplish even one killing. In the history of Mage Council Uprisings this may go down as the least successful.

As the sun rises above the horizon, the mages gather in the courtyard only to see Snerk waiting for them, standing atop a pyre of his own crafting. He waits calmly for the last of you to arrive, then releases a blast of hellish flame into the wood, consuming it. Snerk is consumed shortly thereafter.

Snerk has lynched himself. He was a
    Corrupted Mage

The remaining members of the council watch with a mix of disgust and respect as Snerk's form fades to ash. What was once a council of 17 now lies in ruins, only nine remaining. Still, like the wheat separated from the chaff, these remaining mages are strengthened and reinvigorated by their trial. More than ever before their mission to protect humanity from itself and the forces of corruption drives their vision. They will rebuild, they will recover, and they will resist, until the need is no longer there.

Town Wins

Scum QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/M9pRWhnh3iQwm
    SK QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/qD6yhK78Y8WM
    Mason QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/PWsvDJQaGTpf
    Dead QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/ZetkkVuWDAMK

Master spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Please note not everything on that sheet is 100% accurate. There were some changes made along the way that didn't make it into the document, especially regarding power distribution and the specifics of various roles. The Spell List, Roles, Spellbook, and Action pages are completely accurate to my knowledge. Roles listed every available spell players COULD get along with their mana totales, spellbook is what they chose, though I did subtract spells from them as they were used.

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

WP all, I was trash.

Scum PM:

Greetings Dark One. The time is at last ripe. The powers you and your fellow Corrupted Mages have spent so long working for are nearly at hand. All that stands in the way of you and the final ritual is the Archmage and the council of mages, of which you and your fellows are members. The fact that they know naught of your presence, or of your plans is of great advantage to you. Of even greater advantage is the fact that you four, unlike every other mage in existence, have shared knowledge of your private stock of spells. As a result, the four of you each have access to more magics than any other mage, including spells only usable by one who has gone through the rituals of corruption.
    That fact is somewhat tempered however. As you have gained power going through the ritual of corruption, you have also reaped a great cost. With all but the final ritual behind you, your connection with more traditional magics have been weakened. As a result, it takes substantially more effort to cast the same spells. All is not lost however, as you can cast corrupted spells with ease, and each night one of you is able to summon the Hellfire Blaze, a ritual that costs no mana, leaving you to place your resources elsewhere while still having the ability to take the fight to those who would oppose you, if they but knew you were a threat.

As day faded to dusk, you and your brothers prepared for your strike. Using highly challenging ritual, you seal every door in the Keep except those you wish to utilize. You gather together, and then sought out the chambers of the Archmage. As four against one, you knew this was going to be an easy battle.

You have never been more mistaken in your life. Though surprised, the Archmage responded with an alacrity that nearly ended your plans before they could truly start. The battle raged for many minutes, and only slowly did the Archmage lose ground. Finally he cast his final spell, and then slumped to the ground. Bereft of all magics yourselves, you simply sat and watched him as his life force slowly left. His gaze was a combination of disappointment and condemnation, and despite your new allegiance you still found it unnerving.

Eventually he took his final breath, after which one of your brethren stepped forward and, using a knife, ensured the deed was done.
    Your plans however needed to be changed. You had expected this to be an easy kill, instead it had used up every bit of your power. Instead of being able to move through the Keep and kill the rest of the mages, you now instead would be forced to return to your rooms and prepare anew for the upcoming days. Victory would still be yours, if you are worthy. As the moon rises, you assume a meditative pose, and for what would hopefully not be the last time, open yourself to the arcane.

You are a Corrupted Mage.

You win when you have defeated all members of the Council of Mages, or nothing can stop you from doing so.

Each night, one of you may cast the Hellfire Blaze ritual. This does not cost mana, but does prevent you from engaging in any other castings. You may also select spells from both the Corrupted and Traditional spell lists up to your mana total. Due to your transition towards corruption, you must spend twice the mana to select or cast traditional spells as you would otherwise. Your corrupted nature also renders the Grease spell ineffective, so while you may memorize it, casting it will accomplish nothing. Your corrupted nature also prevents you from controlling the Wild Magics spell in the same way. You may choose 13 (14) Mana points worth of the following spells, and may only memorize one instance of each. You must report to me through PM which spells you are choosing before 1200 PST (2000 GMT) on February the fourth.

Spell List follows

Traditional Spells
    1 - 1 (1) Mana Burn – Remove mana from both the target and the caster. If this results in a value of -1 or less, it kills that mage. Casting mage may choose to burn between one and five mana. (Unique Role)
    1 - 2 (1) Phantasmal Stalker – Summons an extra-planer beast, visible only to the caster, that will follow the target and report on everyone they visit. (Tracker)
    1 - 3 (1) Phantom Eye – Creates an invisible eye that follows the target throughout the night, reporting on everyone who visits them. (Watcher)
    2 - 1 (2) Wild Magic s– Creates a mystical connection between two mages. Any spells cast upon the first will instead affect the second. (Redirector)
    2 - 2 (2) Corporeal Shield – Places a shield formed of your very life force to guard another mage. Any magics that would kill them, will instead be intercepted by you, allowing you to die in their place. (Bodyguard)
    2 - 3 (2) Vitality – "Fills the caster with additional vitality, allowing them to temporarily survive wounds that would normally kill them. The blow will still be fatal, but they will survive halfway through the following day. When cast, this spell lasts for two days. (Tough Guy)
    "
    2 - 4 (2) Wane – Start the process of fading from this world to the next. During this two day transition, the mage is invulnerable to all spell effects, and is unable to cast any spells themselves. During the first day, the player is not capable of mentioning the spell in any way, lest it instantly collapse and instantly kill the mage instead. By the start of the second day however, the process is complete, and that restriction is lifted. The mage will pass at the end of the second day, and as such does not receive a vote. (Modified Tree Stump)
    2 - 5 (2) Warp – Displaces the target from this plane of existence. All spells sent towards or from the target are ineffective. (Jailer)
    3 - 1 (4) Commune with the Dead – After this spell is performed, for two nights in a row the caster may focus on a dead mage, and determine what spells they cast the night they died, and any results they would have received from those spells. The process involved in lynching renders this spell ineffective. (Pathologist)
    3 - 2 (4) Invisibility – Caster cannot be seen to be targeted by any abilities. (Hider)
    3 - 3 (4) Magic Mouth – Augments the voice of the caster giving them more weight in the following vote. (Judge)
    3 - 4 (4) Magic Shell – Provides a magical sphere of protection that will block lethal spells cast upon the target for one night. (Doctor)
    3 - 5 (4) Quintessence Reliquary – Stores the soul of a caster for a single night, making them unkillable. (Bulletproof)
    3 - 6 (4) Silence – Removes the ability of the target to cast that night. (Roleblocker)
    4 - 1 (6) Detect Corruption This spell sees into the soul of the target and reveals signs of corruption. (Cop)
    4 - 2 (6) Grease – Covers the casters body in a thin nearly invisible layer of fluid that prevents them from being bound against their will for the following day. This renders the caster immune to lynching. (Lynchproof)
    4 - 3 (6) Incineration – Engulfs the target in a blast of fire, killing them. (Vigiliante)
    5 - 1 (8) Stasis– Casting this spell affects reality, temporarily interfereing with the relationship between cause and effect. Until moonrise, no one can be killed. (Governor)
    5 - 2 (10)Veritas – This extremely powerful spell can be cast at night, and will give the caster the total number of corrupted that were involved in the previous days lynching. (Unique Role)

Corrupted Spells
    0 - 1 (0) Hellfire Blaze Kills the targeted mage. (Faction Kill)
    0 - 2 (2) Empower Cast in conjunction with other spells to allow the targets spell to penetrate protective magics. (Strongarm)
    0 - 3 (2) Ventriloquism Cast in conjunction with other spells, this allows the targets spell to appear to come from nowhere, making it impossible to track the spells source. (Partial Ninja)
    "0 - 4
    " (2) Static Field Cast in conjunction with other spells, this prevents the target's spell from being traced to its destination. (Partial Ninja)
    "0 - 5
    " (2) See Invisible Cast in conjunction with other spells, this allows the targets spell to find those who are invisible. (Unique Role)
    0 - 6 (6) Mask of Mirrors This spell makes the caster appears to be the exact same alignment as any mages scanning them. (Godfather)

SK PM:

Greetings Esteemed one. As per our agreement everything on our end is in place. The governments of the three greatest nations on this continent are at the brink of collapse, and are more than ready to bow to one who has both the will and the power to save them. Once you have met your side of the accord and…. retired, the remaining mages of the Council, we will support you in assuming your place as Emperor.

With Great Humility

Brax Thorson

Head of the Guild of Merchants.

The guild of Merchants approached you because of both your gifts, and your flaws. Without a doubt you are the most talented mage on the council, more powerful even than the Archmage. With that power however comes great pride, pride so strong that no other mage would be willing to follow you. This of course makes you the perfect individual for a coup. In preparation for this, the Guild of Merchants have shared with you an ancient spell Flame Tongue. It performs in a manner similar to Incinerate, but is much easier to cast. This, combined with your great talents which allow you to not only hold far more magics than your fellow mages, but to also under the right circumstances be able to cast two spells at once, will pave your road to victory, and finally place you where you belong. At the top.

As the day ends you once again read through this missive. Content with how your plans are coming to fruition, you take one last calming breath, then walk to the door ready to face the Archmage. The moment you attempt to open the door however, you realize something is very, very wrong. From the center of the keep you can sense a great battle. The door itself is sealed, and you can do nothing but stand frustrated flailing with your magics against the seal on the door. Eventually the battle wanes, and you tire. Upon calm examination you realize the spell on your door will end with the following dawn. These events will mean changes to your plans, but your goals remain the same. You will acquire the power you deserve, regardless of who stands in your way. Calming yourself, you sink back into a meditative pose and await the dawn.

You are a Betrayer. (Serial Killer)

You win when you are the last mage standing, or nothing can stop you from doing so.

Given your rebellion, you cannot admit to your goals or the entire guild will turn against you instantly. If you in any way come out as a Serial Killer you will be modkilled. What constitutes coming out as a serial killer is at the GM’s discretion so please don’t push the line. As part of your preparations for this coup, you have a shield that will stop one fatal spell from hitting you, which will last for one full day and night (1 shot bulletproof applied for the first 72 hours of the game, until the start of day 2).

Each night you may cast a single spell or two spells with a combined cost of no more than ten points. The spells must also be of different tiers. You may memorize no more than two copies of any spell tiers one to three, and only one of tier for and five. There is no need to spend memorization points on Flame Tongue, and you may cast it as long as you have sufficient mana to do so. Casting it does cost 4 mana, and counts both as one of your spells for that night, but also towards the total of 10 maximum mana you can use in one night. You may choose up to 44 points worth of spells within the above restrictions, from the following list.

Spell List

1 - 1 (1) Mana Burn – Remove mana from both the target and the caster. If this results in a value of -1 or less, it kills that mage. Casting mage may choose to burn between one and five mana.(Unique Role)
    1 - 2 (1) Phantasmal Stalker – Summons an extra-planer beast, visible only to the caster, that will follow the target and report on everyone they visit. (Tracker)
    1 - 3 (1) Phantom Eye – Creates an invisible eye that follows the target throughout the night, reporting on everyone who visits them. (Watcher)
    2 - 1 (2) Wild Magic s– Creates a mystical connection between two mages. Any spells cast upon the first will instead affect the second. (Redirector)
    2 - 2 (2) Corporeal Shield – Places a shield formed of your very life force to guard another mage. Any magics that would kill them, will instead be intercepted by you, allowing you to die in their place. (Bodyguard)
    2 - 3 (2) Vitality – "Fills the caster with additional vitality, allowing them to temporarily survive wounds that would normally kill them. The blow will still be fatal, but they will survive halfway through the following day. When cast, this spell lasts for two days. (Tough Guy)
    2 - 4 (2) Warp – Displaces the target from this plane of existence. All spells sent towards or from the target are ineffective. (Jailer)
    3 - 1 (4) Commune with the Dead – After this spell is performed, for two nights in a row the caster may focus on a dead mage, and determine what spells they cast the night they died, and any results they would have received from those spells. The process involved in lynching renders this spell ineffective. (Pathologist)
    3 -2 (4) Magic Mouth – Augments the voice of the caster giving them more weight in the following vote. (Judge)
    3 - 3 (4) Magic Shell – Provides a magical sphere of protection that will block lethal spells cast upon the target for one night. (Doctor)
    3 - 4 (4) Silence – Removes the ability of the target to cast that night. (Roleblocker)
    3 - 5 (4) Flame Tongue Creates a stream of flames that engulf and kill the target. (Vigilante)
    4 - 1 (6) Detect Corruption This spell sees into the soul of the target and reveals signs of corruption. (Cop)
    5 - 1 (10) Veritas – This extremely powerful spell can be cast at night, and will give the caster the total number of corrupted that were involved in the previous days lynching. (Unique Role)

Mason PM:

You awake to an odd sensation you cannot quite describe. Your head hurts, and there is a low sound in the background like a river rushing through a narrow canyon. As you sit up and wait for the pounding in your skull to stop, you realize that you’re hearing everything twice. You even heard that realization twice. Confused you then realize, you heard it in two different voices.

Before your shock has a chance to become panic, a new voice breaks through the background noise, and it is instantly recognizable as that of the Archmage. It does however feel weak, and distant.

“Renata? GeneralHandkerchief? Can you hear me?”

There is a slight pause, but before you (either you) can respond your master continues.

“Time, it’s always time. Never enough. Listen carefully. Last night my chambers were invaded, and I was assailed by strange magics. There was certainly more than one individual in the room, but how many more I cannot tell you. They have also succeded in sealing off large amounts of the keep, which I believe was to help them, but may instead be their downfall. One of my greatest fears has been realized, some among you have been delving into forbidden realms of magic, and that group poses a grave threat not only to our Council, but to our world. Even I could not fight them, but I was able to seal away a small part of my consciousness and magics before I fell to their assault.

“These I transfer to you, my two servants that most bear my trust, and along with them a bond to each other that will allow you to share thoughts. With these tools I give you this charge. Find those who dabble in corruption. Stop them whatever the cost. Do not allow the fine works of our guild to be turned against the people of these lands that have trusted us for so long. Do not allow all we have done to be for naught.”

With this the voice and the noise retreat to the back of your mind. What stays however is an array of spells, and an intimate connection with your new counterpart. You both gather your collective thoughts, steel yourself against what is to come and examine the seal on your doors. It doesn’t take long to realize that the seal will dissipate with the dawn. Realizing there is nothing you can do until then, you clear your minds, and seek the mystic gateways to your magics, and meditate until dawn.

You are a Mindlinked Council Member. (Mason)

You win when all threats to the Council have been eliminated. Given the dire nature of this conflict, at least one Council Member must survive, or the world will suffer greatly.

As part of a Mindlinked pair, you will share a QT with your partner, and the assurance of the Archmage that both of you are loyal to the Council’s cause. The nature of the Archmage’s intrusion on your mind has removed many spells matrices from your memory completely, to the point where you only know that you have forgotten something important. It has also limited the mystical pathways in your mind, limiting the number of spells you can cast. You may select up to 11 (12) points worth of spells from the following list, with no restrictions other than total mana count. You may cast one spell per night, as long as you have the mana to do so.
    Spell List

Tier - Spell Number (Mana Cost) Spell Name - Spell Effect (Equivilant Role)
    1 - 1 (1) Mana Burn – Remove mana from both the target and the caster. If this results in a value of -1 or less, it kills that mage. Casting mage may choose to burn between one and five mana.(Unique Role)
    2 - 2 (2) Vitality – "Fills the caster with additional vitality, allowing them to temporarily survive wounds that would normally kill them. The blow will still be fatal, but they will survive halfway through the following day. When cast, this spell lasts for two days. (Tough Guy)
    2 - 3 (2) Warp – Displaces the target from this plane of existence. All spells sent towards or from the target are ineffective. (Jailer)
    3 - 1 (4) Invisibility – Caster cannot be seen to be targeted by any abilities. (Hider)
    3 - 2 (4) Magic Shell – Provides a magical sphere of protection that will block lethal spells cast upon the target for one night. (Doctor)
    3 - 3 (4) Quintessence Reliquary – Stores the soul of a caster for a single night, making them unkillable. (Bulletproof)

Hunter PM:

Before you even realize you are awake, years of training confirm you are safe in your room, that you are uninjured, that your magics are stable, and that something is very wrong. Without making any movements that would betray your awakened status, without tightening a single muscle or even changing your breathing pattern, you reach out with your senses to determine what aroused you so violently. After a few moments you hone in on distant noises echoing throughout the stone halls of the Mages Keep. There is a massive magical battle occurring in the center of the keep. In the Archmage’s chambers.

Suppressing your anger you rise from your bed. The old mage is a harsh taskmaster, but he took a young nearly feral boy and brought him into his home. He taught you to read, to think, and later to access your own innate abilities and conjure great magics. While he is not your friend or your family, he certainly was closer to both than anyone else you have ever met. Now he might be at risk, and now you are enraged beyond anything you thought possible.

You rush to the door only to find it sealed. Taking a deep breath you analyze the seal only to realize it is beyond your powers to remove. Still, it will not last long, perhaps only until dawn. Calming yourself, you gather your thoughts and prepare your spells, you pause for a moment, then remove another book from a hidden drawer in the wall.

The spell you read is one of your own creation, something that could only come from a mind that had spent so much time working as a thing of nature, operating below conscious thought. The cost for the spell is high, and the spell itself terrible in nature. Still, the Archmage may have fallen, and if so, he must be avenged. If this is the way that it must happen, so be it.

You are a Vengeful Mage (Hunter, Town Aligned).

You win when all threats to the Council have been eliminated. Given the dire nature of this conflict, at least one Council Member must survive, or the world will suffer greatly.

Your role has a few unique features. 1. By enacting the Retribution spell, you can pick someone to kill when you are killed. It is unblockable, will be maintained until your death, and the cost is only extracted when it fires. 2. If you drop below 8 mana, you will be unable to cast their retribution spell upon death. 3. You may cast a second spell on any given night for the cost of both spells plus an additional 3 mana. Spell must be of a different tier. Due to your wild nature, you do not memorize spells, but rather have unlimited castings for all spells in your book, as long as they have sufficient mana. You have a total of 23 mana, high for a mage, and know the following spells in addition to Retribution.
    Tier - Spell Number (Mana Cost) Spell Name - Spell Effect (Equivilant Role)
    Spell List

1 - 1 (1) Phantasmal Stalker – Summons an extra-planer beast, visible only to the caster, that will follow the target and report on everyone they visit. (Tracker)
    1 - 2 (1) Phantom Eye – Creates an invisible eye that follows the target throughout the night, reporting on everyone who visits them. (Watcher)
    3 - 2 (4) Magic Mouth – Augments the voice of the caster giving them more weight in the following vote. (Judge)
    3 - 3 (4) Silence – Removes the ability of the target to cast that night. (Roleblocker)

Town PM:

Like so many others in the tower, you awake to an awareness of utter chaos. You can hear the sounds and feel the effect of a large magical battle occurring somewhere near the center of the Keep. Leaping from your bed you rush towards the door to defend your brothers, only to find it completely immovable. Reaching out with your magics you try to force it, only to find it is blocked by a power that dwarfs your own.

You are somewhat relieved to find the spell is already unraveling however, and that it should completely dissipate by dawn. The feel of the spell disturbs your senses. You recognize many of the patterns contained with it as being identical to those you yourself use, but others are completely alien. It is that moment that you realize your brotherhood has been betrayed from within.

Reaching back to your training you calm yourself. Accepting that there is nothing you can do at the moment, you assume a meditate pose and reflect on the magics you have available to yourself. The following days will be trying, and you must arm yourself for a battle where wit and wisdom will be more important than strength of spell. You lose yourself in meditation, and await the dawn.

You are a Guild Member (Vanilla town with access to one shot abilities)

Regular mages had access to a random list of spells (Noted on the Roles tab of the Master Sheet) that they had to choose from, and a fairly random amount of mana.

This was enjoyable to host, thank you folks. I only wish it hadn't been such a steamroller, as I didn't get a good chance to evaluate the setup. After congratulations I'd like to open the thread up to discussions of balance. First and foremost I know that I had invisible and warp mixed up as far as costs. Someone pointed that out to me after I sent out roles but it was too late to change it. All other criticisms are welcome.

Hopefully this left you guys with a good impression of my hosting. Following GHC's game I'd like to host another, and I'll be straight up with you, it's a bastard setup. I think however it's a bastard setup that you guys will like. Hopefully you'll trust me to run it. I'll do final adjustments to the front page, but I'm off to bed. Good night folks, and well played all.

GG all. Sorry for playing like shit, Jabbz, team.

I feel like I'd have some comments on the overall balance of the setup and inherent design, but I'll leave it for now I think.

Do want to praise the timely updates/responses, flavour and uniqueness of the setup, its certainly interesting.

Thanks for hosting.

Wp town.

Actually, WP does not do that town justice. Everyone that was part of the town played amazingly. GH terrified me, Renata was great too, Monty was also amazing, Lew and Zack too, and I'm sure I'm forgetting more names. Getting W/W wagons D1 was incredible, then ignoring the cleared peek on Sooh to get the SK. I don't blame Snerk at all for conceding, he was in an unwinnable situation.

Town is definitely the master.

There were some who contended that working in public was inviting the Mafia to outmaneuver us, and generally this would be correct, but for this game I quickly came to realize that the aggressive brute force approach would be the most appropriate and successful, given that everyone was empowered with abilities and the mafia had their back broken in the first round. In fact, I have had experience in the advantages and disadvantages of this approach. In 2012, Jarema's time-travel game, I was the strongest town role and announced it early. I was arrogant. The game went on for a while, and having continuously failed to catch a single scum, it ended even as I tried to rally the Town - flawless Mafia victory. At every step, I had gone wrong, and the scum ruthlessly turned it to their advantage. This was the very worst Town defeat I had ever participated in or witnessed, and I had been its author.

In an interesting parallelism, here Sooh was a lone SK hoping to turn the death of the Mafia to her advantage, whereas in the 2012 game Pizza had been scum who didn't know his partners, who could only rejoin his team after establishing contact. And that he did, using his prior infiltration of my inner circle to dominate all parts of the game. So in defeating Sooh I take vicarious victory over Pizza?

So the worm has finally turned. My vengeance is complete. Feels good.
    Vitiate Man.

Oh, and I forgot, great job on the flavour! I really really enjoy the long paragraphs of description.

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849 LastLast