So many of you probably have seen this story: Link

Italian woman does sex act with some men. This is filmed whilst she is doing it and she appears to be pleased. So pleased in fact she sends it to several of her friends.

And you'll never guess... it was widely distributed!

She, horrified that even in this day and age, sending a video of yourself to friends with no instructions to friends not to share will be shared.

She went to court to have it blocked and that cost a lot of money / time and didn't really work. Finally she committed suicide. Her mother appears to believe that her "angel" must have been drugged.

Now, nothing that causes someone to kill themselves is a Good Thing, but I do think that this is being made too much of - if one wants to be a voyeur that's fine with me. If you want to do these things and keep the videos, or show them to one's friends, that's fine. But no law is going to stop salacious material being spread, and as an adult one does have to accept the likely consequences of one's actions.

Or am I being too harsh? People, especially women, just can't be expected to see the consequences of their actions and need to have additional protections.