Thread: CTD after taking settlement

Default CTD after taking settlement

So, this has happened on both occasions I have assaulted a settlement; Athens in 2.2f, and Sparta n 2.2g. In the first instance, though I had besieged the settlement for a number of turns and the garrison showed on the campaign map as depleted, when the battle started all of the Athenian units were up to full strength. I don't know if the log in the logs folder is the right file (it says its too large for notepad to open) but this is the only log I can find. Am I supposed to delete before I begin each session, or do you want the whole thing? (assuming this even is the file you are after)

Loving the mod otherwise.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: CTD after taking settlement

There's a selective garrison script for Athenai, but not Sparte. It adds up to 10 units on a 10-turn "cooldown" when besieged.

You don't need to delete the logs, they'll be overwritten by the next time you run the game. It is that file we want, though, compress it with WinZIP/WinRAR and upload here. How big is it?

Did you wait 10-15 seconds after the end of the battle before clicking to close the battle screen?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

No, I didn't wait 10-15 seconds (must have missed that advice somewhere). I'll give that a go on the next siege, it may be that (the message is that an unexpected graphical error has occurred), and if I still have the problem I'll zp the log. No point wasting your time if it's as simple as me not knowing how to play the mod...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Sempronius Gracchus View Post
    No, I didn't wait 10-15 seconds (must have missed that advice somewhere). I'll give that a go on the next siege, it may be that (the message is that an unexpected graphical error has occurred), and if I still have the problem I'll zp the log. No point wasting your time if it's as simple as me not knowing how to play the mod...
    It's a really old EB1/RTW trick - it gives the game time to properly close down the battle engine and spin up the campaign engine again.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

So, I've started having random crashed at end of turn. Would love to attach the zip file of my log, but I get a pop up box saying that it exceeds the 10mb limit.....

After taking Athens again, after a long, protracted battle with the bolstered garrison and a reinforcing army from either Crete or Rhodes, waited for about 30 seconds or so (reading through what units had done what and suffered the most) and..the game crashed again. In lieu of being able to attach the log, the last lines are of this nature:

12:58:12.790 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/ebii/mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_arevaci_diplomat.tga
    12:58:12.790 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_arevaci_diplomat.tga.dds,,not found
    12:58:12.790 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_arevaci_diplomat.tga.dds is missing
    12:58:12.791 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_arevaci_diplomat.tga,1048620
    12:58:12.791 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_arevaci_diplomat.tga (from: C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    12:58:12.800 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/ebii/mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_arevaci_assassin.tga
    12:58:12.800 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_arevaci_assassin.tga.dds,,not found
    12:58:12.800 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_arevaci_assassin.tga.dds is missing
    12:58:12.800 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_arevaci_assassin.tga,1048620
    12:58:12.801 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_arevaci_assassin.tga (from: C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    12:58:12.806 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/ebii/mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_arevaci_spy.tga
    12:58:12.806 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_arevaci_spy.tga.dds,,not found
    12:58:12.806 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_arevaci_spy.tga.dds is missing
    12:58:12.807 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_arevaci_spy.tga,1048620
    12:58:12.807 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_arevaci_spy.tga (from: C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    12:58:12.812 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/ebii/mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_sauromatae_spy.tga
    12:58:12.813 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_sauromatae_spy.tga.dds,,not found
    12:58:12.813 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_sauromatae_spy.tga.dds is missing
    12:58:12.813 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_sauromatae_spy.tga,1048620
    12:58:12.813 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_sauromatae_spy.tga (from: C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    12:58:12.819 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/ebii/mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_sauromatae_diplomat.tga
    12:58:12.819 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_sauromatae_diplomat.tga.dds,,not found
    12:58:12.820 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_sauromatae_diplomat.tga.dds is missing
    12:58:12.820 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_sauromatae_diplomat.tga,1048620
    12:58:12.820 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/ebii/data/models_strat/textures/ebstrat_sauromatae_diplomat.tga (from: C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)

I'm just wondering if this suggests that my EB2.2g is corrupted in some way?

Nothing relevant or useful there; what do the [error] lines say? Or better yet, zip and attach the whole log. Or host it externally on Mediafire, Dropbox or wherever.

eb.system.log.rar

Here's the log, must've been playing for a shorter time, it allowed me to upload this one. Thanks for your patience QuintusSertorius

eb.system.log.rar

Here's the log, must've been playing for a shorter time, it allowed me to upload this one. Thanks for your patience QuintusSertorius
    There's no terminating error in that one, just a lot of normal processing trace.

It needs to be the log from immediately after the CTD. Can you replicate just the crash, without hours of play beforehand?

eb.system.log.rar

This time the game froze just before the battle ended. I have a feeling this log isn't going to be any more helpful. As no-one else seems to be having this problem, as far as there seem to be no bug reports other than mine, I'm wondering if it is something to do with my hardware rather than the mod (frustrating, as I'm enjoying what I've managed to do so far...except for the fact that as Macedon I simply can't take Athens...)

I'll uninstall, have a clean up and re-install and see if that solves anything. Again, thanks for your patience and help.

eb.system.log.rar

This time the game froze just before the battle ended. I have a feeling this log isn't going to be any more helpful. As no-one else seems to be having this problem, as far as there seem to be no bug reports other than mine, I'm wondering if it is something to do with my hardware rather than the mod (frustrating, as I'm enjoying what I've managed to do so far...except for the fact that as Macedon I simply can't take Athens...)

I'll uninstall, have a clean up and re-install and see if that solves anything. Again, thanks for your patience and help.
    No terminating error again, it's doing normal things, then just stops.

Are you using Large Address Aware? It's a compiler flag which allows old games to use more than 2GB of RAM. It makes a big difference to stability for a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No terminating error again, it's doing normal things, then just stops.

Are you using Large Address Aware? It's a compiler flag which allows old games to use more than 2GB of RAM. It makes a big difference to stability for a lot of people.
    I'll give that a go when I re-install. Thanks for the advice.