Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: French Revolution Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: French Revolution Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Wait a second, you have Al Sipsclar about the same tier as I do.
    Yeah, that was just me being dumb. Forgot who vouched for who and why.

It was the last part I read before sleep last night, which is why I kept the post numbers in my notes.

Day 3 bucketing from my perspective

Me

Almost Certainly Republican :
    Zack
    Manasi
    Renata
    al sipsclar
    Montmorency

Leaning Republican:
    Winston: Feels like normal town-Winston ramping up
    Snerk: People are vouching for him, and
    Choxorn: Activity level fairly typical for choxorn, decent content

Toss-up:
    El Barto- Was away at the beginning, but doesn't seem to really be back. Too little to read, but we do have Renata's post
    Lewwyn- First vote on Jabbz, but otherwise a null read for me.
    NotACop-Similar dp101 vendetta to khaan. I don't have a baseline history with him, so it's hard for me to read his tone.

Leaning Royal:
    dp101-Last vote on the bandwagon Day 1, can read that either way. Seems a little over-sensitive. I want to see the "elaborate later" he promised
    khaan- His tone feels a bit off, but his analysis is decent. If we have multiple Royalists left, I think one of dp101 and him is Royal
    Csargo- Fairly frequent posts, but saying remarkably little

Vote: Csargo
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Not intentionally.
    So, what did you do intentionally, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Choxorn View Post
    So, what did you do intentionally, then?
    Sounds like he killed my BSmith, and for some reason also Pizza. Just, ah, don't revenge yourselves upon him, please. There will be redress in time.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    Welcome back to our third day of "The Joys of Lynching". Unfortunately, we weren't quite on the ball last time, but I'm sure we'll make up for it this time. Now, I don't have a whole lot to tell you, Montmorency. I myself wanted a DP101 lynch yesterday, and I still want one today. That's my priority. Divulging the rest of my thoughts doesn't mean a whole lot in my opinion. I still think his vote day 1 amounts to a late, meaningless bus. He didn't need to vote, and to be plain, could have stayed asleep for all the difference it made. His most recent post doesn't strike me with any great degree of town either.

Vote: DP101
    I keep telling you slimy people that he said something in our QT at the time he voted which directly contradicts the idea that he was bussing. You choose not to listen to me. Now why's that, Khaan?

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

I think I'll Vote: NAC. His tone has been very weird and off, and the majority of his posts just haven't felt like they have come from a townie following the thread. Plus, I reread some of his scum games when playing with him recently, and they seem to match up with this decently.

I'd prefer it if we didn't lynch NAC, our faction is already one member smaller than everyone else's. There's several other perfectly good suspects.

I'd prefer it if we didn't lynch NAC, our faction is already one member smaller than everyone else's. There's several other perfectly good suspects.
    Who'd you rather I go after?

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    I keep telling you slimy people that he said something in our QT at the time he voted which directly contradicts the idea that he was bussing. You choose not to listen to me. Now why's that, Khaan?
    Ross/off

Because I either missed it or forgot. I truthfully got bored in the thread for much of the first couple days because my shitpost limit was very quickly reached so I started skimming. Either way, you saying that straight up doesn't mean *anything* to me. Seriously. You're basically telling me to trust your word that you trust DP's word in a place I CAN'T SEE. So deal.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    Ross/off

Because I either missed it or forgot. I truthfully got bored in the thread for much of the first couple days because my shitpost limit was very quickly reached so I started skimming. Either way, you saying that straight up doesn't mean *anything* to me. Seriously. You're basically telling me to trust your word that you trust DP's word in a place I CAN'T SEE. So deal.
    Is that all you got?

At this point all I see is lists with me at the bottom. I can't defend myself ggwp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tally as of post 940. Please correct me if there are any errors.

Csargo: 2 | Zack (861), autolycus (932)
    NotACop: 2 | Snerk (874), Dp101 (936)
    Winston Hughes: 1 | Renata (856)
    Dp101: 1 | seireikhaan (919)

Round ends:
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Personally, I feel like omgusing all over the place. Seemed like the majority of cases against me were "he voted a royalist to save his faction mate", which I know is an oversimplification, but it doesn't change how weak the case was and is.
    You know, I always get lynched when I always OMGUS people. Lacking any better leads (I don't want a Csargowaggon for scum to hide when I haven't read most of his posts), vote: Dp101
    Unvote: Winston

Worst case for today, lynch Barto. He's not active anyway.
    I've decided not to say anything when I have nothing to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    Nope. Turns out he just has really bad dandruff.
    That is either a cunning Discworld reference or you've had some interesting experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Is that all you got?

At this point all I see is lists with me at the bottom. I can't defend myself ggwp.
    You… can try to provide something.

Can't you?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

So, you are voting me because you die when you OMGUS? And how was what I said in any way a lead.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Let's see. I have limited time to post, given Citoyen Foulard's curious end-of-day times. At the moment, your best bet seems to be to wait around for somebody to vote you and then vote you back. Why aren't you voting for either me or 'khaan, rather than NotACop? I got roasted for voting NotACop yesterday. You explain it. I'll be off to RL soon, so my vote stays where it is.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    I've trebled our postcount already.
    ‘Our’?

I like Winston so far.

WHat the hell do you want me to say? I woke up 5 minutes before EOD, saw that my faction mate was second and that they made a post I didn't think they would make as mafia, and voted the counterwagon! Seriously, do you lot expect me to vote in my sleep or something? Cause every single one of these scumreads is focused on when I voted, which was entirely due to out of game factors like where I live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    So, he woke up 5 minutes before EOD and had the composure to vote AND to say something in your QT? And how can something contradict an idea of bussing?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Sipsclar View Post
    I like Winston so far.

So, he woke up 5 minutes before EOD and had the composure to vote AND to say something in your QT? And how can something contradict an idea of bussing?
    Why do you find it unbelievable that I would have gone to check the game and post that quickly? Also, the thing that contradicts bussing was laid out earlier, but essentially I said that I was voting Jabbz even though I thought he was town, just because he was the counterwagon to a lynch in my faction. There is no reason I would ever say something like that if I was hunting for towncred for a bus.

There is no reason I would ever say something like that if I was hunting for towncred for a bus.
    Pure WIFOM.

By the way, I consider auto lock clear for his performance yesterday. Don't touch him.
    What is so exemplary of Auto's performance? Here's full, unabridged collection of his works:

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    I vote:NotACop. His name is clearly trying to mask his previous time as a gendarme serving the Bourbons, who continue to be his true masters!
    I'm enjoying this version of Renata too much to want to see her exit so soon. I haven't gotten to play with Manasi before, so unvote, vote: Bsmith as a counterwagon!
    Sorry I was away for the first half of this day. The other populists can confirm that I said I was going to be away for the latter half of the night, and that carried over to the first half of the day.

If you look at the order of the votes, you'll see that the second vote on Jabbz happenedafter I voted for BSmith, so he wasn't on my radar at the time. I didn't vote for Montmorency, because especially on day 1, a bunch of votes in quick succession can go from pressure to bandwagon in no time flat. He and Renata are welcome to think my rationale for counterwagoning away from Renata was bogus, but it was the truth. Renata playing an extra out there style of play was interesting to me.

In terms of my suspicions, Arakhor is part of my faction. He does seem more faction-focused than scum-hunting, but I won't pile on there yet. If there's a populist scum, he would be my pick. Both NotACop and atheotes need to wake up. Of the people who are actually talking, I'm actually probably most suspicious of vote: Montmorency. The defense of Snerk is persuasive, but it begs the question, "Why was Jabbz the higher priority save?". Also, missing the order of vote is not a mistake I would expect from Montmorency.
    I'd like to see unvote, vote: Sooh go on the record. I'll check again in the morning, and assuming Sooh's taken a position, I'll make a decision among the likely candidates at that time.
    I'm fine with this, but given the time constraints, I'd flip the two around. unvote: Winston Hughes, vote:atheotes

Day 3 bucketing from my perspective

Me

Almost Certainly Republican :
    Zack
    Manasi
    Renata
    al sipsclar
    Montmorency

Leaning Republican:
    Winston: Feels like normal town-Winston ramping up
    Snerk: People are vouching for him, and
    Choxorn: Activity level fairly typical for choxorn, decent content

Toss-up:
    El Barto- Was away at the beginning, but doesn't seem to really be back. Too little to read, but we do have Renata's post
    Lewwyn- First vote on Jabbz, but otherwise a null read for me.
    NotACop-Similar dp101 vendetta to khaan. I don't have a baseline history with him, so it's hard for me to read his tone.

Leaning Royal:
    dp101-Last vote on the bandwagon Day 1, can read that either way. Seems a little over-sensitive. I want to see the "elaborate later" he promised
    khaan- His tone feels a bit off, but his analysis is decent. If we have multiple Royalists left, I think one of dp101 and him is Royal
    Csargo- Fairly frequent posts, but saying remarkably little

Vote: Csargo

Joke vote NAC, voted BSmith over Manasi, said Jabbz was not on his radar, shaded Arakhor, nudged NAC and atheotes, voted Monty, voted Sooh, voted atheotes, put Monty in the top tier, shaded dp and khaan, voted Csargo.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post

You… can try to provide something.

Can't you?
    Oh sorry I forgot to add my list.

Al Sipsclar
    autolycus
    Choxorn
    Csargo
    Dp101
    El Barto
    Lewwyn
    Manasi
    Montmorency
    NotACop
    Renata
    seireikhaan
    Snerk
    Winston Hughes
    Zack

I know it looks suspiciously like GH's, but I swear that's just a coincidence.

I have provided substance I think along with some random fluff. I can give a detailed list of what I think at this point.

Al Sipsclar - ATPG vouched for him; ATPG = town; seems good
    autolycus - quiet, Zack said mechanically important(?); factional ties(?) not sure, no reason to believe it.
    Choxorn - legit
    Csargo - terrible
    Dp101 - a real go-getter that one
    El Barto - less than ideal amount to look through, but recent candid posts make me think town;
    Lewwyn - dunno
    Manasi- a lot going on there, I haven't gotten any bad vibes/reads.
    Montmorency- had an off feeling about him the whole game. Day 1 especially with Snerk and everything else. Seems better now, but still.
    NAC- Didn't like the reads posted thought they were off, haven't really liked the content or timings of posts.
    Renata - the best around
    seireikhaan - roleplaying entire game basically doesn't look good. minimal posts, only positive is Jabbz vote at this point, but I don't put much weight on that. Highly likely scum imo.
    Snerk - Monty vouched for him being for Jabbz lynch(?) responses were good when questioned about it imo
    Winston Hughes - Thought Sooh was sketchy, Winston has seemed excellent so far
    Zack - dunno, I doubt the autolycus story; don't think he's nearly as townie as everyone else apparently.

Vote:seireikhaan

Basically khaan, NAC are my top two.

Pure WIFOM.
    It goes counter to the entire purpose of a bus, and you call that action WIFOM as to whether or not I would do it? It feels like you are disregarding anything that could clear me, and are just going after me regardless of what my alignment might be. Vote: Al Sipsclar

I'd like to find what are you doing for town, Dp. So far, you're only defending yourself.

What is so exemplary of Auto's performance? Here's full, unabridged collection of his works:

Joke vote NAC, voted BSmith over Manasi, said Jabbz was not on his radar, shaded Arakhor, nudged NAC and atheotes, voted Monty, voted Sooh, voted atheotes, put Monty in the top tier, shaded dp and khaan, voted Csargo.
    Yeah, I agree with this, Monty's post doesn't make any sense to me. Don't know what he's talking about.

I'd like to find what are you doing for town, Dp. So far, you're only defending yourself.
    I voted mafia, and then I am going after those who are voting me because of it, because there votes have been scummy. What more do you want, other than me going after those I think have been acting scummily? A full reads list? Actually, let me go do that real quick.

I voted mafia, and then I am going after those who are voting me because of it, because there votes have been scummy. What more do you want, other than me going after those I think have been acting scummily? A full reads list? Actually, let me go do that real quick.
    Lists are the way apparently.

Also, fwiw this is classic scum khaan if I've ever seen it. I'd be shocked if he was town at this point. With the little bit and all, plus with what Monty posted earlier it all matches up for me.

Copying the master list of living people from GH, as is tradition

Al Sipsclar
    autolycus
    Choxorn
    Csargo
    Dp101
    El Barto
    Lewwyn
    Manasi
    Montmorency
    NotACop
    Renata
    seireikhaan
    Snerk
    Winston Hughes
    Zack

Out of these, I'd place Renata, Lew, Zack, Chox, Manasi at the top, in no particular order. Most of these are due to good tone, cases, and D1 events. Kinda null for me currently is Snerk, Csargo, and Auto. They haven't done that much great, but also don't feel that them being town is that unlikely. Winston gets his own spot, as while his posting has been good the slot he replaced wasn't that great. Willing to give him a chance for now. Monty also gets his own spot, because on reflection I have no idea what his early consistent pushing of me could actually mean. Lynchable pile goes Barto, Khaan, NAC, and AL. Most of these are here for varying degrees of incoherent posting + downright odd pushes on me. Yes, I am aware that NAC and Barto are incompatible, but I'm not sure which one to raise from the depths.
    No doubt I've contradicted about half of my reads and cases in the course of making this list, but such is the price of organisation.

Pure WIFOM.
    And, while he claims he wouldn't do that to get towncred, he has in fact gotten towncred for saying it, hasn't he?

If he's scum, and it's Jabbz vs. one of Dp's faction mates for the lynch earlier in the day and some other viable candidates for the lynch hanging in their vicinity, he could easily say something like that privately to his faction to try to get them to trust him a bit more- both saying that he's on the side of this faction, first and foremost, and will do what he can to avoid lynching someone in the faction, but he's also saying that he thinks his scumbuddy is town, because Dp doesn't actually want to lynch Jabbz if he can avoid it. Dp is hoping that he can push some other townie, like BSmith, into the lynch, so that he doesn't have to choose between his scumbuddy and someone in his faction, but if it comes down to it, as it did at EoD on Day 1, he can come in at the end, bus his scumbuddy without looking like he's bussing his scumbuddy, and get lots of towncred and faction cred for it.

And, while he claims he wouldn't do that to get towncred, he has in fact gotten towncred for saying it, hasn't he?

If he's scum, and it's Jabbz vs. one of Dp's faction mates for the lynch earlier in the day and some other viable candidates for the lynch hanging in their vicinity, he could easily say something like that privately to his faction to try to get them to trust him a bit more- both saying that he's on the side of this faction, first and foremost, and will do what he can to avoid lynching someone in the faction, but he's also saying that he thinks his scumbuddy is town, because Dp doesn't actually want to lynch Jabbz if he can avoid it. Dp is hoping that he can push some other townie, like BSmith, into the lynch, so that he doesn't have to choose between his scumbuddy and someone in his faction, but if it comes down to it, as it did at EoD on Day 1, he can come in at the end, bus his scumbuddy without looking like he's bussing his scumbuddy, and get lots of towncred and faction cred for it.
    Ah, point of clarification (although you might have taken this into account and I missed it in the wall), the post expressing Jabbz's towniness came a minute after my vote, so the long-term setup/hedging did not occur.

For what it's worth, Dp, I had you as a townlean before and I still think the cases against you are reaching a bit, but you're by no means lock clear.

Since all the cool kids are doing it:

Strong Town Leans:

Renata
    Zack
    Al Sipsclar
    Manasi

Town Leans:
    Lewwyn

Could be either/Null Leans:
    Dp101
    Winston Hughes
    Snerk
    Csargo
    Montmorency
    NotACop
    seireikhaan

Scum Leans:
    Autolycus
    El Barto

Ah, point of clarification (although you might have taken this into account and I missed it in the wall), the post expressing Jabbz's towniness came a minute after my vote, so the long-term setup/hedging did not occur.
    Ah, well, there goes some of my theory.

I could still see you saying something like that as scum just to mindgame, since you'd already know what Jabbz would flip as, but at this point I'd say "Dp is telling the truth" is more likely than "Dp is nextleveling us all and playing 4D Chess while we're all playing checkers"

I'll bump you back up to a moderate townlean.

Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast