Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1438

Thread: French Revolution Mafia [Concluded]

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: French Revolution Mafia [In Play]

"All that destroys social unity is worthless; all institutions that set man in contradiction to himself are worthless."
    ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Day 5

Floor debate in the National Convention was much quieter today. This tended be the case in the immediate aftermath of massacres that cut your numbers down by half in one fell swoop, and today's deliberations were no exception.

There was still animosity, of course. After the past five days of mutual distrust and murder, that was unavoidable, but it was muted animosity. Perhaps, the President ruminated, this sentiment could be parlayed into something productive. Perhaps the events of the previous night would galvanize the remaining members into weeding out and destroying any remaining Royalists. Only time would tell.

Unlike on previous days, no votes were changed once they were cast. The actual voting was a slow, solemn affair, with little back-and-forth arguments about guilt and innocence going on. At first there was the flurry of discussion about the previous night's events, but for the most part that had settled down into a larger conversation about the state of the Revolution, and the Convention, and re-examining old factional grudges.

The votes did come to a majority, though, and that unlucky victim was Lewwyn. Still in a state of shock from the previous night's violence, he took his fate gracefully, seemingly ready for the guillotine's blade after the near-extinction of his faction. The usual procedures were followed: The President read off the exact vote tally, Lewwyn was pronounced guilty and sentenced to immediate execution, and the Convention filed out of the Tuileries Palace in the direction of the city square.

The similarities ended there, though. Unlike the previous day with El Barto's execution, the crowd was not in a particularly bloodthirsty mood. Perhaps the chaos and mayhem of what would forever be known as the Night of 22 Prarial had worn them out. Perhaps, after being in a nearly perpetual state of continued revolution since 1789, their capacity for violence was finally exhausted. Perhaps some of them sensed the invisible shroud of doom that seemed to fall over them.

Whatever the case, Lewwyn got to deliver his last words uninterrupted. Somebody drew a sketch of the moment. Somebody else recorded the speech for posterity, but ultimately they passed by unremembered. The true lasting moment was still to come, and come quickly it did; Lewwyn knelt down, rested his neck on the block, and waited for the blade to drop, which is summarily did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lewwyn has been lynched! He was:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Georges Couthon, a Montagnard!
    Not a Royalist.

The Montagnards have been eliminated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 5 tally:

Lewwyn: 4 | Zack (1268), Csargo (1271), NotACop (1284), Manasi (1286)
    Manasi: 2 | Lewwyn (1233), Choxorn (1264)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is now Night 5! Please send in your orders.

Night 5 ends Thursday, March 23, at 6:00 PM US Eastern Time (GMT-4). This should be the last deadline shift of the game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still alive (5):
    Choxorn
    Csargo
    Manasi
    NotACop
    Zack

Killed:
    Fenn
    Monstrdude
    Logic
    Kagemusha
    Arakhor
    BSmith
    Askthepizzaguy
    Renata
    autolycus
    Al Sipsclar
    Snerk
    Winston Hughes
    seireikhaan
    Montmorency

Guillotined:
    Jabbz
    atheotes
    Dp101
    El Barto
    Lewwyn
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Night has ended, no more orders will be accepted.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Blog Entries

"We should be considerate to the living. To the dead we owe only the truth."
    ~ Voltaire

Night 5

Midnight in the Louvre.

The great medieval palace had been repurposed into a public museum, its progress symbolizing the work of the Revolution. What was once a dazzling luxury for the few had been transformed into a "preservation for the national memory". The artworks - the majority of them taken from the royal collection - were displayed haphazardly, several artists themselves lived in some of the old palace's rooms, and even the building itself had its share of structural issues, but it was generally looked upon with pride by the people of the new French nation.

After hours, the place was far less bustling. The public, obviously, was not visiting, and the few artists-in-residence were either out in the city or otherwise cooped up in the their rooms, possible working, possibly sleeping. The main corridors were deserted. This suited NotACop just fine. After all, the fewer people there were around, the fewer there were to try to kill him. He intended to spend his night safely wandering the palatial halls of the Louvre, safely view the myriad of artworks gracing its walls and floors, safely reflect on their meanings and what this meant for France as a whole. Safely.

Befitting France's status as an international power, there were many foreign artworks, most notably those by Raphael and Rembrandt (and of course Da Vinci's enigmatic La Jocande), but NotACop was most fascinated by the work of his countrymen. It was fitting that the country had produced so much output in such historical times as these; after all, art made clear the true feelings of a nation. All of these expressions counted for something in this new age.

However, he had to admit that not all pieces of art were created equal. Some of it looked downright shoddy, clearly just installed to fill space in the massive building. Others, though, truly belonged. The piece he was most drawn to was that of his dead compatriot Jacques-Louis David, perished only the previous night in the violence in Paris. David's most recent piece before his sensational The Death of Marat was a classically-inspired painting: The Lictors Bring to Brutus the Bodies of His Sons.

Brutus (not the one who killed Caesar, an older one) has been quite possibly the greatest hero in Roman Republican history. After all, it was he who had overthrown the last hated King of Rome and his actions were those that brought forth the Republic. This Brutus sacrificed everything, everything for the Republic, even his family: his two sons were monarchists and actively attempting to restore the old Roman Kingdom. Weighing family against country, Brutus had decided in favor of country and ordered his treasonous sons killed. This painting, and what it represented, was its result.

NotACop pondered on this. Rome was the greatest republic in history and served as one of the primary inspirations of the Revolution. Were France's people ready to equal Rome's greatness? Its sacrifice? So far, they were not - at least, the Convention was not. They demonstrated this by their actions over the past four days. After three Royalists were removed in the span of 24 hours, they grew complacent. They fought old factional hatreds, turned against each other out of a desire to fully control the course of the nation. In this moment, they turned away from the examples of Brutus and Rome. By attempting to seize, not sacrifice, they demonstrated themselves unworthy of true Republican values.

Yes, NAC realized, this would be the crux of his speech in the Convention tomorrow. He had been planning this for some time. A relatively quiet figure, he was nonetheless universally respected, partly because he had been proven beyond the shadow of a doubt lacking any Royalist sympathies whatsoever. He would finally break his relative silence and summarily both admonish and inspire his colleagues to put aside factional rivalries once and for all in favor of uniting against the true enemy who so clearly still lurked among them.

NotACop got more and more excited and inspired by the speech he would deliver that his guard started to drop. As he pondered exactly what classical allusions he would make in his opening statement, he turned his back to a certain side alcove, out of which a shadowed figure stepped out of and proceeded to re-enact another scene from Roman history:

Caesar's death on the Ides of March.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NotACop has been killed! He was:
    Jacques Brissot, a Girondin!
    Not a Royalist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is now Day 6!

Voting will end Saturday, March 25, at 6:00 PM US Eastern Time (GMT-4).

Feedback will go out and Post 2 will be updated shortly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still alive (4):
    Choxorn
    Csargo
    Manasi
    Zack

Killed:
    Fenn
    Monstrdude
    Logic
    Kagemusha
    Arakhor
    BSmith
    Askthepizzaguy
    Renata
    autolycus
    Al Sipsclar
    Snerk
    Winston Hughes
    seireikhaan
    Montmorency
    NotACop

Guillotined:
    Jabbz
    atheotes
    Dp101
    El Barto
    Lewwyn

Member thankful for this post:

Blog Entries

It is now Mislynch and Lose.

Votes are not locked.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 03-23-2017 at 23:27.

Sup fams.

Our faction ldo didn't have KP who did dis.

Right, okay.

Vote: Choxorn

Do chime in whenever, friends.

Blog Entries

Tally as of 1297.

Choxorn: 1 | Manasi (1297)

Not voting: 3 | Choxorn, Csargo, Zack

Round ends:

How are you not considering csargo

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

At this point it's almost certainly Manasi. Choxorn is playing like S&S, I'd put him above Manasi, with Zack at the top. I'm just a pleb, so yeah. More later when I'm not on my phone 😞

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    How are you not considering csargo
    Kinda am rn but didn't want to really talk about it much until people decided to show up.

In our QT I said the most optimal kill would probably be NAC not knowing we have no other night actions of any sort, then NAC dies.

That could be csargo doing that or just someone coming to the same conclusion as I am. I'd RATHER think the latter but it could very well be the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    At this point it's almost certainly Manasi. Choxorn is playing like S&S, I'd put him above Manasi, with Zack at the top. I'm just a pleb, so yeah. More later when I'm not on my phone ��

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.

Would I put that killing NAC is good in our QT if i was JUST GONNA DO IT ANYWAY

ooh baby now it's getting spicy.

Why the hell do you keep killing confirmed villagers

Choxorn is playing like S&S
    What?

Day 1
    Csargo would have rather NL'd than vote on a Royalist in Jabbz.

Zack/myself were on Jabbz, Choxorn was on csargo.

Day 2
    Zack/Choxorn on atheotes wagon.

Csargo on NAC.

I'm on El Barto.

Day 3
    Csargo on khaan.

Chox on Autolycus.

Zack on csargo.

Myself??????????????????????????????????? bein a shitlord somewhere

Day 4
    Chox/Manasi on El Barto, flipped v.

Csargo on Autolycus.

Zack on me.

Day what the fuck ever

All of us but Chox on Lewwynn.

Chox on me.

Just putting this here to be easier to look at.

Why the hell do you keep killing confirmed villagers
    Who? We didn't kill anybody.

What?
    Just assumed that meant some other game they played together.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

What?
    Swords and Sorcery.

I would have switched to Jabbz D1, but I wasn't around when Renata switched to save you.

I'm gonna read through our QT first and see if there's any off stuff between Monstr/Csargo.

At one point I know renata sus'd him.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.

Would I put that killing NAC is good in our QT if i was JUST GONNA DO IT ANYWAY
    Why would you consider NAC at all?

Why would you consider NAC at all?

sdkgjwkghwekjgwhekgjwheg

He was super villagery and I didn't give a FUCK what the royalist alive did because I was just trying to win as our faction q u e s t i o n am r kr rk kfjewhigkwhegh

Swords and Sorcery.

I would have switched to Jabbz D1, but I wasn't around when Renata switched to save you.

Literally Renata told you to switch to Jabbz like 10 seconds after you asked what to do about EOD.

Okay, so for what it's worth, I've played this game almost 100% to the win condition of my own faction.

If that's not absolutely obvious then I'm not sure what to tell you guys.

Csargo kinda set up having to let me die a few days back by saying he doesn't know how to defend me, but imo that didn't seem to mean "Yeah lol I'm gonna make sure you die later so glgl"

Right now I'm only sure that myself and Zack aren't Royalists and the flip from csargo makes me think he's more of one than Chox. Chox voting on him kinda helps a bit I suppose.

I also explicitly told him that he's essentially won barring a f3 of Zack/me/him but now I'm starting to think I die in that final three instead of him.

So /shrug

It's hard to stay motivated to keep doing shit because the game is so damn slow.

Mention me when people come back thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Literally Renata told you to switch to Jabbz like 10 seconds after you asked what to do about EOD.
    Your math is really wrong, but whatever.

I'm 100% sure Zack is town and about 90% sure Choxorn is as well. That just leaves you.

Vote: Manasi Take that Royalist.

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Vote: Manasi

Are you going to do anything to try and make your push seem any less scummy?

You're not doing a great job.

Soz for the early vote Chox but assumed csargo is clean and not lynching Zack. Kinda funny how this turned out to be honest.

Unfortunately, csargo isn't going to try to verify anything I've said from the QT because his only wincon is making sure I die and then the game will be over.

So that's pretty exciting I'd say.

Zack, I'm gonna tell you I'm not a Royalist but I understand why you would think I am.

I've gone through our quicktopic and tried to let you guys know everything that both I and csargo have done re: each other or even said regarding the game.

The damning factor here for csargo is the hesitance to vote day 1. Yes 10 seconds was actually 20 minutes but the fact that he had to choose between his own faction in Royalists or his own faction in Militarists obviously accounts for his absence.

I'm glad that I'm the only one concerned about the game ending as well so that's another fine point.

Vig shot on Arakhor was vouched for by Renata AND csargo, no use pushing there. They had a list of like Arakhor, Autolycus, and NAC. /shrug

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 LastLast