Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: French Revolution Mafia [Concluded]

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Default Re: French Revolution Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    If you're town we're never going to see eye to eye. You're coming off as scum-schoolmarm here.
    Why would that be a cause for never seeing eye-to-eye? I also dislike taking out new-comers for seemingly no reason, but I dislike the seemingly spam postings as well, because it hides and distracts from comments of value. I want someone to say something more related to the game than images of contemporary art.

"Schoolmarm" feels like you are trying to insult me without actually doing so. Have I offended you so much?
    Aliases Yakostovian

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

If they're not, you know what to do.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Unvote, vote: Jabbz

Neutral read over a town read.
    Literally just walked in the door. Manasi isn't even in my faction.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Why would that be a cause for never seeing eye-to-eye? I also dislike taking out new-comers for seemingly no reason, but I dislike the seemingly spam postings as well, because it hides and distracts from comments of value. I want someone to say something more related to the game than images of contemporary art.

"Schoolmarm" feels like you are trying to insult me without actually doing so. Have I offended you so much?
    It's the tone of your last sentence or so back there where you're saying so confidently that scum often hide behind lots and lots of posting, more than town does the same thing. In my experience that's just not true.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

7-6 Jabbz/Manasi, tally coming shortly.

"I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

I'd say I'm sorry for trying to liven up the game but the truth is I'm not. With what was given ITT before, there wasn't nearly enough information or interactions available to make any sort of educated opinion on a lynch.

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

That was pure from Manasi, Vote: Jabbz

I haven't been bothered by your posts, Manasi. Fwiw.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jabbz: 7 | Lewwyn (233), seireikhaan (289), Zack (393), Fenn (442), Renata (445), Manasi (448), ATPG (453)
    Manasi: 6 | NotACop (112), Arakhor (115), Jabbz (392), BSmith (416), Logic (419), Snerk (443)
    BSmith: 3 | Al Sipsclar (136), autolycus (287), Kagemusha (436)
    Csargo: 1 | Choxorn (310)
    Montmorency: 1 | Dp101 (272)
    Dp101: 1 | Montmorency (248)
    atheotes: 1 | El Barto (146)
    Sooh: 1 | Monstrdude (151)
    Askthepizzaguy: 1 | atheotes (216)

No Lynch: 1 | Csargo (388)
    Not voting: 1 | Sooh

Round ends:
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Everyone needs to have a little game solving fun sometimes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Blog Entries

Voting closed.

Lynch will be up in 10-15 minutes, stand by.

Blog Entries

"With my machine, I can cut off your head in the twinkling of an eye, and you never feel it!"
    ~ Dr. Joseph Guillotin

Day 1

After the deliberations had been so scandalously interrupted earlier in the day, all normal business in the National Convention was cancelled. Instead, general pandemonium reigned.

All sides and factions immediately stood up and started dramatically pointing and loudly shouting at each other. Any individual's exact words could not be heard over the overall din and clamor inside the Tuileries, but the meaning was still simple to glean. "He did it! He's a Royalist!" Multiply that sentiment by over a hundredfold, have nearly everybody level the accusation at a different target, account for counteraccusations stemming from outrage, and you had a very annoyed and helpless Convention President. After this level of chaos went on for over a half hour with no signs of it leveling off, he finally decided to take action.

Stepping out of the room so he could actually be heard, he summoned a guard. "Send for one of the bells of Notre Dame and an appropriate ringer."

"A ringer?"

"A big friggin' stick so I can hit the bell really hard so it can make a lot of noise!" the President said, exasperated, and the guard nodded and ran off.

After an hour (still with the Convention as anarchic as ever) the requested bell was wheeled into the chamber, at which point the President took great pleasure at picking up the ringer, winding up, and swinging it as hard as he could at the old, giant church bell.

BWOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

That got everybody's attention.

"Now, citoyens," the President said, keeping a far more even tone than he had any right to, "We have all been rattled by the events of earlier today, this is true. But it is no reason for us to abandon our principles and turn on each other like savage beasts in this time of need! Let us remember the teachings of Rousseau. After all, the greatest thing that separates us from the apes - besides our fashionable use of these excellent powdered wigs, of course - is our ability to make use of reason." There was a general murmur of agreement at this.

"Let us make use of these faculties of reason," he continued, "Let us use our higher thought processes to apply revolutionary justice to those who would lurk in the shadows and turn back the clocks to the time of seigneurialism, serfdom, and famine. After all, we are the members of the Convention, are we not?" More murmuring of agreement. "Is it our solemn task as vested in us by the citizens of this great country to lead France through these troubled times and into a golden era?" The murmurs grew louder. "Then let us guide ourselves as we guide the country! Let us police ourselves as we police the country! We solve our business in-house and use our superior combined knowledge to weed out the enemies amongst us and purge this great nation of the Royalist scourge once and for all!"

Cries of "huzzah!" and "Vive la France!" and the like followed this. But amongst the din, the President saw some disconcerting signs. Certain members of factions, staring at the others, almost licking their lips in anticipation. Hopefully this new procedure wouldn't backfire.

The accusations were flung far and wide, with at one point nearly half the Convention being named a Royalist. The President wheeled in a big board to keep track of the tally, but quickly ran out of room as more and more names were added to the suspect list. It seemed, at least for one day, that consensus was going to be a far-off goal.

Eventually the votes did coalesce somewhat in a tight race between Manasi and Jabbz, though when the President rang the great bell of Notre Dame again it was Jabbz who had the most votes.

"OH COME ON," he shouted, having been comfortably behind in the dreaded vote count before a final push to save Manasi. "This is how the Republic judges me! I have done the best I could piloting her through chaos and danger! I have poured my blood and sweat and heart into writing this Constitution which one day I hope to see implemented! I have-"

"You have the most votes," the President said. "Let us proceed to the scaffold."

It was quick. Jabbz, still sputtering at the injustice of it all, seemed too taken aback by his sudden change of fate to fully be overawed by the situation - the jeering crowd, the reading of charges, the looming executioner, etc. It wasn't until the blade of the guillotine broke his skin that finally did he understand, and by that point it was far too late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jabbz has been lynched! He was:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Louis-Antoine de Saint-Just, a Montagnard!
    Also a Royalist!

Day 1 tally:

Jabbz: 8 | Lewwyn (233), seireikhaan (289), Zack (393), Fenn (442), Renata (445), Manasi (448), ATPG (453), Dp101 (457)
    Manasi: 6 | NotACop (112), Arakhor (115), Jabbz (392), BSmith (416), Logic (419), Snerk (443)
    BSmith: 3 | Al Sipsclar (136), autolycus (287), Kagemusha (436)
    Dp101: 1 | Montmorency (248)
    Csargo: 1 | Choxorn (310)
    atheotes: 1 | El Barto (146)
    Sooh: 1 | Monstrdude (151)
    Askthepizzaguy: 1 | atheotes (216)

No Lynch: 1 | Csargo (388)
    Not voting: 1 | Sooh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is now Night 1! Please send in your orders. Exact guidelines for doing so will be posted in your factional Quicktopics shortly.

Night 1 ends 11:00 AM US Eastern Time on Saturday, March 11. Day 2, when it arrives, will last for slightly longer than 48 hours in order to push back the deadlines to a more convenient time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still alive (23):
    Al Sipsclar
    Arakhor
    Askthepizzaguy
    atheotes
    autolycus
    BSmith
    Choxorn
    Csargo
    Dp101
    El Barto
    Fenn
    Kagemusha
    Lewwyn
    Logic
    Manasi
    Monstrdude
    Montmorency
    NotACop
    Renata
    seireikhaan
    Snerk
    Sooh
    Zack

Guillotined:
    Jabbz
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 03-10-2017 at 18:22.

Blog Entries

(I actually do need to do some IRL work now, so I'll post instructions in your QTs as well as update Post 2 of this thread in about 15 minutes or so.)

Blog Entries

Okay, submission instructions have gone out to all Quicktopics, and Post 2 has been updated with the latest information.

Rule clarification: Once dead, you are no longer allowed to post in any Quicktopics aside from the host-provided dead chat. As I can't be bothered to make a new factional Quicktopic every time one of you croaks, we will be operating off the honor system.

Questions? Concerns? Did I miss something? Let me know.

-edit- as this post contains a rule clarification, it has been added to the list of notable posts in Post 2.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 03-10-2017 at 17:03.

Blog Entries

Final D1 tally has been corrected. I forgot to take off Dp101's vote of Monty when he switched to Jabbz at the very end.

Blog Entries

Night has ended. Give me a bit.

Blog Entries

"From the political point of view, Paris is too large. There are evils that are impossible to do away with once they have taken root."
    ~ Louis-Sébastien Mercier

Night 1

Despite the nature of the emergency and the general pall of fear that had fallen over the city, Paris's Market Day was still a thoroughly satisfying experience. Treasures from all over France and the world - though less so from the rest of Europe, lately, for obvious reasons - could be found, browsed, and purchased at the patrons' leisure. Aromas, both pleasant and less so, wafted over the streets and squares to create a unique blend. And then, of course, there were the sans-culottes, patrolling the streets to make sure that nobody was fomenting disorder and that everybody was addressing each other by the proper title of "citoyen" and certainly not "monsieur" or "madame" - those titles promoted the old order, you see, and everybody was equal now.

Sadly, while the sans-culottes were very good at sniffing out political danger, they were less adept at sniffing out criminal danger - you know, the thing that actual police and guards were good at.

Fenn was one of those who was perusing the various wares without a care in the world. He knew that he would have Convention duty later in the day, where once again he would most likely vote to condemn one of his colleagues to the guillotine in the interest of sniffing out the Royalist threat, but that was later. For now, there was a lovely piece of china that had caught his attention.

"Ooh, look at the finish on this one!" he said to nobody in particular, noting a cup that would be perfect to pour tea in while attending his favorite literary salon.

"You like that one?" the salesman said, noting Fenn's interest. "Everything in my stall is Ming - nothing that the nobles used, of course, but was rather sold to and made by the peasantry and bourgeois class. It's truly a way to show your sophistication to your peers while at the same time advancing the revolutionary cause across the world. If you're interested, I have a matching set, including a much larger vase-"

"I'll take the vase," a new, unfamiliar voice rang out, and before Fenn and the proprietor could react this third person snatched the very large vase, held it up high, and brought it down as hard as he could over Fenn's head. Fenn crumpled to the ground in a heap, while his assailant quickly pulled out a knife and cut the unconscious Fenn's throat to finish the job.

Standing back up to face the shocked proprietor, the attacker pointed to the shards now littering the ground. "Don't bother. It's a fake anyway."

Monstrdude was out inspecting the local Parisian guard as part of his Convention duties. As a Militarist, and a military engineer by trade, he was a natural choice for this. The guards had survived the levée en masse and were not called up to the front, but they might be in the future depending on how the war was going, and so they needed to be completely ready and dedicated to defend the Revolution. This was what Monstr would determine in his inspection.

The common soldiers looked good, and were very patriotic, occasionally breaking out into song as he was doing his work. Monstr was very pleased. These soldiers were exemplary patriots and defenders. The officers, though... that was a different story. He made his way into the unstable-looking brick building where the officers' quarters were to ream them out.

"Drinking on the job, desk strewn with papers unbecoming of officers, general untidiness, maps twenty years out of date, did you forget that this is no longer the ancien régime? Commissions are earned by merit now, not won through connections!" Several of the officers, to their credit, looked guilty, but the lead did not seem to notice and instead signaled to the soldiers outside, who immediately broke into a very loud rendition of the Marseillaise.

"Allons enfants de la patrie
    Le jour de gloire est arrivé!
    Contre nous de la tyrannie..."

"No no, stop singing!" Monstr shouted, "I can't even hear myself think! Look, citoyen, uh... citoyen officer, I admire your patriotism and what you've inspired in your men, but your work is simply below par!" The lead officer seemed to process none of this, occasionally glancing upward as if he was looking at something.

"Your drills are six weeks behind! By now the men should have mastered riflery and progressed to larger-scale maneuvers like flanking marches and the like! The fact that they have not done this is on you! AND WILL YOU GET THEM TO STOP THAT INFERNAL SINGING!"

"AUX ARMES, CITOYENS!
    FORMEZ VOS BATAILLONS!
    MARCHONS, MARCHONS!
    QU'UN SANG IMPUR
    ABREUVE NOS SILLONS!"

At last, Monstr would get deliverance, as the movements that the singing had been designed to cover for were completed. As Monstr was midway through his apoplectic rage, a very large brick got dropped on his head from the second story, and that was the end of that.

Logic was in his home, going over the latest set of pamphlets that he would be releasing tomorrow. While his work was no L'ami du peuple, Logic was still proud of his output, where he had written three articles, six editorials, and come up with four rather catchy slogans that he hoped the crowd would soon adopt. The fight for influence was not solely limited to the floor of the Convention, after all - the Revolution had always advanced on the streets of Paris, and Logic hoped that this trend would continue.

"Okay, let's go through this list," he said to himself, starting to rifle through the papers on his desk. "Royalists in the Convention! The Revolution at risk!, good. The progress of the war in the last fortnight, good, let's make sure there's the perfect balance of inspiring victory to keep morale up as well as danger in order to keep the people's war-readiness high. The harsh plot of the British Pitt, that will work... Why the Vendée matters, yes... Noted journalist Logic found dead in his office, good, next one is - wait a minute, what?"

"Oh, yeah," said a second voice in the room, stepping out of the shadows, "This was a last-minute addition. I decided to use my editorial privilege."

"What on earth are you talking about?" said Logic. "I own this paper. I edit it, I publish it! You can't - you can't - it's not even true!"

"I big to differ," said the second figure, and before Logic could react the second figure took out a sword, moved towards the desk, and took Logic's head off in one slice, his blood seeping out of his body mixing in with the spilled ink.

Paris was truly a city of everything - it was full of intellectuals, artists, politicians, shopkeepers, bakers, chefs, criminals, orphans, criminal orphans, criminals who made orphans, and even more. But one other thing that Paris was full of was brothels. This was where Kagemusha found himself on this night.

"Ah, welcome back Kagemusha," the... madame? That term was discouraged in Revolutionary France and all... perhaps citoyenne? Let's go with citoyenne.

"Ah, welcome back Kagemusha," the citoyenne said. "Will it be the usual tonight?"

"Thank you, citoyenne, but tonight is special. We are finally starting to root out the Royalists among us once and for all! I figured since it's going to require all of our subtlety and adaptation to the unknown, I will fully embrace that spirit. Surprise me!"

"Very well," said the citoyenne, with the tiniest of smirks crossing her face. She started going through her book. "Hmm... ah yes, this will do nicely. Bertha, the exotic wonder from the United States. Here to spread the spirit of liberty and hopefully not anything else if she knows what's good for her."

"That sounds very patriotic," Kage said. "I'm in!" And so he made his way to Bertha's room, where a surprisingly masculine voice greeted him.

"Close the door."

Wow, is this how the Americans like their women? Kage wondered to himself, but followed Bertha's instructions. Upon finishing with the door and surveying the room for the first time, he found his answer. Bertha was not a woman at all. "Bertha" was a very large man, and well-armed.

"As it turns out this brothel also offers very competitive rates for using rooms to murder people in", "Bertha" said, finishing his work quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fenn has been killed! He was:
    Robert Lindet, a Militarist!
    Not a Royalist.

Monstrdude has been killed! He was:
    Lazare Carnot, a Militarist!
    Also a Royalist!

Logic has been killed! He was:
    Camille Desmoulins, a Populist!
    Not a Royalist.

Kagemusha has been killed! He was:
    Madame Roland, a Girondin!
    Also a Royalist!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is now Day 2!

Voting will end Monday, March 13 at 1:00 PM US Eastern time! Note that American Daylight Savings time happens tonight/tomorrow which might screw with the deadline - I mean it to end at actually 1 PM. May make an adjustment to the timer if necessary. I will let you know about this.

Feedback is still to go out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still alive (19):
    Al Sipsclar
    Arakhor
    Askthepizzaguy
    atheotes
    autolycus
    BSmith
    Choxorn
    Csargo
    Dp101
    El Barto
    Lewwyn
    Manasi
    Montmorency
    NotACop
    Renata
    seireikhaan
    Snerk
    Sooh
    Zack

Killed:
    Fenn
    Monstrdude
    Logic
    Kagemusha

Guillotined:
    Jabbz
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 03-11-2017 at 17:38.

Suck it, Royals.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

Holy crap!

3 royalists already! How many are there in the setup? 4? 5? We must be close to eliminating them already!

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

To all players in a faction with someone who voted Manasi and are not in the same faction that Jabbz was in, could you please ask them kindly why they decided on Manasi over Jabbz in your private thread? And by that, I mean interrogate them most vigorously.

ur welcome fronds

God damn.

Well, uh, sorry guys. I hit Logic. Only vig to fail. On the other hand, I had Kage as my top lynch.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    God damn.

Well, uh, sorry guys. I hit Logic. Only vig to fail. On the other hand, I had Kage as my top lynch.
    It is a fair mistake, and the openness is appreciated.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

At least in this game there'll still be something to do once the scums are dead.

Something interesting about Kagemusha: started day by voting for Csargo; said Renata would be on his team even if she had to kill him; voted "Bsmith" over "Csargo" (who was too bold for scum) at the time when Csargo was 2 votes, Jabbz 3, and BSmith 3.

Vote: Csargo
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

I did not personally do the Monstrman kill, as I expected something tragic might have befallen me. But I asked to lead my faction for the night and came up with the Monstrman vig target, and posted it at the last minute.

That particular kill is claimed by the Girondins, on my order.

I thank every member of my house for trusting me to do the right thing.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Okay, I've posted all feedback, updated Post 2 in the thread, and generally done everything I've needed to. Please let me know if I've missed anything.

I have extremely strong reason to believe I was roleblocked last night. An action from my faction is missing and unused, despite the order having gone through and performed by me.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Something interesting about Kagemusha: started day by voting for Csargo; said Renata would be on his team even if she had to kill him; voted "Bsmith" over "Csargo" (who was too bold for scum) at the time when Csargo was 2 votes, Jabbz 3, and BSmith 3.

Vote: Csargo
    I'm not sure I understand the implication here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I did not personally do the Monstrman kill, as I expected something tragic might have befallen me. But I asked to lead my faction for the night and came up with the Monstrman vig target, and posted it at the last minute.

That particular kill is claimed by the Girondins, on my order.

I thank every member of my house for trusting me to do the right thing.
    Fenn claims sole credit for Kagemusha's death. All honor to the fallen.

Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast