Thread: Is building as authentic to the history as the unit model

Default Is building as authentic to the history as the unit model

The unit in the game is the best I had ever seen.but i quite doubt about the building.The building in iran dont look like a archemenid building and the building in india dont look like a mauryan building.There is no dome in iran or horse hoof shape window in india.I hope EB team not just focus on unit model but focus on the building,not just make do with some sucks and unhistorical one.

Default Re: Is building as authentic to the history as the unit model

Because of the limitations of the Medieval 2 engine, the buildings have to be generic. That said, the EB team have been trying to create some more realistic models for settlements. Hopefully this will include all culture sets in time but, even then, the game's limits fustrate this. I think this could only apply to the building icons on the strategy map which, while I think are excellent, might possibly have errors or questionable features. Attention to detail is, after all, everything!
    X3 From The Blacksmith, d'Arthez and The King for my Keltoi reproductions and dressing up.

I'm always around here lurking in the shadows; not as easy as it sounds when wearing this much shiny iron :)

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Is building as authentic to the history as the unit model

Also, the 3D modelling of buildings costs a lot of time, if I recall correctly. For EB1, it took the team ages to create and import a working Celtic wall. Modding this part of the game engine was an exercise in frustration, as the game would refuse models for no clear reason.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    Also, the 3D modelling of buildings costs a lot of time, if I recall correctly. For EB1, it took the team ages to create and import a working Celtic wall. Modding this part of the game engine was an exercise in frustration, as the game would refuse models for no clear reason.
    Indeed, even that one wall was excruciatingly difficult.

Fortunately we do have the IWTE tool for M2TW, so that means once you create a building model in Milkshape (the usual tool for this purpose), it's a lot easier to implement in-game. But even that is a relative statement. Nothing about building models is simple, and unfortunately it's an area where very few people have the requisite skills AND desires. New units are cool and sexy, so modelers are drawn to them. A building tucked away in a corner of a city where you only see it - maybe - during a siege? Not too many takers for working on those.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Member thankful for this post:

al right then ,What do you think of the building in Rome 2 total war of western asia.Is it historical?

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 血荐轩辕 View Post
    al right then ,What do you think of the building in Rome 2 total war of western asia.Is it historical?
    Personally? No idea. Never played it nor even looked at it.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

wow,amazing,