Thread: Warahmmer II

Default Warahmmer II

I'd prefer Borehammer, but I agree that many people seem to be very excited about it.
    Many others have been very disappointed, but it was obvious that all the hints pointed to the expansion of Warhammer, not a new historical game. It's one of the few times, when, regardless of how much I try, I can't accuse CA of misleading dishonesty.

A FAQ about all the information we know so far:
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...i-coming-soon/
    Please, don't make observations or questions, if you haven't bothered reading it yet.
    I guess that to the three original factions (one fewer than the first game, don't think I didn't notice it, CA), dark elves (the girls chewed by the dino), high elves and lizzards, the Skavens will be added, as a pre-order bribe.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: Warahmmer II

Probably wont pick this up but it does sound interesting. Plus a huge combined map would be awesome. Combined with the third in the series we would be looking at one huge campaign map!
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    Probably wont pick this up but it does sound interesting. Plus a huge combined map would be awesome. Combined with the third in the series we would be looking at one huge campaign map!
    I'm hoping that it upgrades the first game with new mechanics. I would like actual navies, even if not naval battles.

While Warhammer has some good parts it's largely a backslide mechanically (no quick formations, no alt weapons for shock cav etc).
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The mega-map is the most appealing feature. A combined map across all three games is rather breathtaking in scope and scale.. especially when it comes in attempting to conquer it all.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    The mega-map is the most appealing feature. A combined map across all three games is rather breathtaking in scope and scale.. especially when it comes in attempting to conquer it all.
    It will be like Empire in that regard, three maps with defined transit points.

And you can't conquer it all, anyway.

Still kinda bummed we didn't get Middenhiem as a DLC.

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Wonder if it will also resemble Empire/Rome 2 on the AI front, my impression is generally speaking CA struggles a bit with campaign AI performance on large maps. Lots of moving about w/o any purpose going on on all over the map.

As expected, the release date of the game is 28 September. For pre-order bribery, new playable race for Warhammer 1. Not sure if what they mean is the mice. Price is usual.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/59..._WARHAMMER_II/

Quote Originally Posted by Crandar View Post
    As expected, the release date of the game is 28 September. For pre-order bribery, new playable race for Warhammer 1. Not sure if what they mean is the mice. Price is usual.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/59..._WARHAMMER_II/
    You mean Skaven?

Maybe - could just as easily be Middenheim, though, as they look like they should be playable. Kislev might be another option, but Kislev starts out as a large Empire with a dumb AI that refuses all help - so probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Philippus Flavius Homovallumus View Post
    You mean Skaven?

Maybe - could just as easily be Middenheim, though, as they look like they should be playable. Kislev might be another option, but Kislev starts out as a large Empire with a dumb AI that refuses all help - so probably not.
    Actually, it's probably Norsca. The rats will be added freely.

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Completed first campaign as high elves, rather enjoyed it. Love the huge map, can't wait to see the combined map. Vortex game mechanic was interesting as it kept things interesting through the mid to late campaign. Interestingly it also runs better on my system than W1 which is nice.

One thing I'm wondering about will be turn times on a combined map in the mid/late campaign. Waiting for battles to load w/o an SSD is still way too long and drives me a bit crazy. But that's frankly nothing new, I've been struggling with that since they starting using warscape.

Next up, dark elves. Time for a bit of evil.

REX POLONIAE Moderator KLAssurbanipal's Avatar

Tomb Kings screens:

The Philosopher Duke Member Suraknar's Avatar

Definitely picking this up in the next time it goes on special on Steam.

Got the first and I am having so much Fun!
    Duke Surak'nar
    "Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ"
    Traveled to: Over 70 Countries, most recent: and

~ Ask not what modding can do for you, rather ask what you can do for modding ~
    ~ Everyone dies, not everyone really fights ~

i love the high elves very much!!! coz white clothes silver armor!!!my favourite,and i love fast elite archers of elves!!!

i will buy this game as soon i buy the new PC!! this will be my collection after napoleon,shogun 2,rome 1 and rome2 never try attila yet..
    Last edited by guineawolf; 05-15-2018 at 00:36.
    In all warfare,speed is the key!