Page 25 of 121 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: EXIT NEGOTIATIONS

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: EXIT NEGOTIATIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Do you have a source? I can't seem to find one.
    Wait a few hours and you will. It's 45 by the way not 48
    Last edited by Fragony; 11-17-2017 at 13:03.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If they campaigned with the slogan "Brexit means Brex" it would have been more accurate.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 11-24-2017 at 02:39.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Now the Tories voted against retaining human rights enshrining the right to freedom of expression, freedom from slavery, etc and jeopardising legalisation in this area massively.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8068326.html

It is effectively the equal of Republican held congress and Senate repealing the Bill of Rights.
    Last edited by Beskar; 11-24-2017 at 01:04.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Now the Tories voted against retaining human rights enshrining the right to freedom of expression, freedom from slavery, etc and jeopardising legalisation in this area massively.

It is effectively the equal of Republican held congress and Senate repealing the Bill of Rights.
    OH MY GOD WE'LL START ENSLAVING PEOPLE OUT OF THE EU!!! Or not.

There are lots of potential downsides with Brexit - most likely because there will be no agreement with both Spain and Ireland having a vote on whatever agreement is reached, and until that is returning Northern Ireland and Gibraltar there's not much reason for them not putting the boot in.

The Independent also said we'd be cut off from the world - as though the UK can not even contact other countries without the EU. The hysteria is getting rather far fetched.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Member thankful for this post:

Sometimes you wake up and there is something you don't recognise next to you, this time it's a EU army, how did that get here I wasn't that drunk but there it is and it's not leaving after an awkward cup of coffee

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Sometimes you wake up and there is something you don't recognise next to you, this time it's a EU army, how did that get here I wasn't that drunk but there it is and it's not leaving after an awkward cup of coffee
    I don't recognise Brexit Britain as the Britain I grew up in. But then you probably didn't mean that, and you wouldn't care even then. Still, bully for Holland to pick up some of the spoils that the UK will be deprived of. Are you going to be materially benefiting from Brexit in this manner, at our expense?

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I don't recognise Brexit Britain as the Britain I grew up in. But then you probably didn't mean that, and you wouldn't care even then. Still, bully for Holland to pick up some of the spoils that the UK will be deprived of. Are you going to be materially benefiting from Brexit in this manner, at our expense?
    lok who dou think I am, rich or anything close to it. I'm not you think too highly of me. No I am not benefiting at your expense, it's not you I want to get hurt

lok who dou think I am, rich or anything close to it. I'm not you think too highly of me. No I am not benefiting at your expense, it's not you I want to get hurt
    Oh well, at least you need never worry about a European Army of the kind you're talking about, as Britain will certainly veto it, or at least obstruct it. All EU members have this theoretical power, but the UK is a particularly influential member with differing views, so Holland need never fear being isolated, as Britain will always be around to support a different position within the EU.

Beskar 

Oh well, at least you need never worry about a European Army of the kind you're talking about, as Britain will certainly veto it, or at least obstruct it. All EU members have this theoretical power, but the UK is a particularly influential member with differing views, so Holland need never fear being isolated, as Britain will always be around to support a different position within the EU.
    It already happened, just a few hours ago. Very silently you didn't notice it
    Last edited by Fragony; 11-25-2017 at 03:03.

Is this some secret info again like the one about some millions that I would surely hear about a bit later and then never heard of again?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Is this some secret info again like the one about some millions that I would surely hear about a bit later and then never heard of again?
    You didn't hear about these billions? Not my fault. No that's not secret info. It also isn't my fault that the EU-army deal went uncovered, your quality media not mine

Try standing up, or the point will continue to go over your head. If your beloved Brexit hadn't happened, Britain could have done something about it. Now that Britain is out, don't expect to find any other Eurosceptics in the EU. Pro-EU feeling has strengthened considerably in the EU27 since the Brexit debacle.

What I want isn't happening, the UK might be out but I don't think there is a way back, the euro leaves us no choice but accepting what could be the biggest threat to nation-states ever. Think of nation-states what you want but I am among those that consider nationalism a good thing. The eurocrats settled for going faster faster faster until there is simply no return. If you are out remains to be seen right now.
    Last edited by Fragony; 11-25-2017 at 09:52.

You didn't hear about these billions? Not my fault. No that's not secret info. It also isn't my fault that the EU-army deal went uncovered, your quality media not mine
    I can't even find anything about what you said when I look for "eu 45 billion" in Google so perhaps you get your fake news from the dark web?

The closest I coud find was from 2014 about lost revenue in 2012: https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-l...-vat-revenues/

The only recent news is not about missing money but potential gains: http://www.businessinsider.de/theres...op=1&r=US&IR=T

So if you can't or won't substantiate anything, it seems fake to me. It's also really weird and bad form to withhold your sources. You must either be afraid they're obvious fake news or think they give you some unique advantage that you selfishly want only for yourself.
    Last edited by Husar; 11-25-2017 at 12:22.

Not my fault that you can't find it, questions have been in parlements everywhere also in Germany, nope not fake news it's gone bye bye billions

I can't even find anything about what you said when I look for "eu 45 billion" in Google so perhaps you get your fake news from the dark web?

The closest I coud find was from 2014 about lost revenue in 2012: https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-l...-vat-revenues/

The only recent news is not about missing money but potential gains: http://www.businessinsider.de/theres...op=1&r=US&IR=T

So if you can't or won't substantiate anything, it seems fake to me. It's also really weird and bad form to withhold your sources. You must either be afraid they're obvious fake news or think they give you some unique advantage that you selfishly want only for yourself.
    Have you tried Russia Today?

Husar 

Not my fault that you can't find it, questions have been in parlements everywhere also in Germany, nope not fake news it's gone bye bye billions
    Or perhaps the info you gave was not precise enough to find it.

You mentioned 45 billion, that they're lost and that they vanished in Greece. no matter how I combine these, I can't find anything on search engines. You know, these things that search every major and many smaller websites for such keywords. So either you provided the wrong keywords or there is nothing to find or "they" are hiding the information on purpose. Perhaps your well-informed friends do not want me to know?

You mentioned 45 billion, that they're lost and that they vanished in Greece. no matter how I combine these, I can't find anything on search engines. You know, these things that search every major and many smaller websites for such keywords. So either you provided the wrong keywords or there is nothing to find or "they" are hiding the information on purpose. Perhaps your well-informed friends do not want me to know?
    I'm sure his special friends in St Petersburg have access to lots of information that you and I are not privy to.

That's not on me that you can't find it, I am not bullshittiting you and you will know I'm not once you look better. The money isn't really gone you see, Germany couldn't recapitalise their risky banks directly so Greece was used as a proxy, And they are so very screwed.

Talking about shortcommings, 48 billion euro is missing. The eurocrats don't know where it is. Somewhere in Greece
    That's not on me that you can't find it, I am not bullshittiting you and you will know I'm not once you look better. The money isn't really gone you see, Germany couldn't recapitalise their risky banks directly so Greece was used as a proxy, And they are so very screwed.

You mentioned 45 billion, that they're lost and that they vanished in Greece. no matter how I combine these, I can't find anything on search engines.
    That's because Germany is not blessed to have legal drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

BrownWings: AirViceMarshall Senior Member Furunculus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post

Fake news. The EU charter of fundamental rights is quite separate from the European convention on human rights, which is brought into legal effect by the human right act and equalities act.

Dominic grieve was persuaded that nothing substantive would be lost, does someone of greater authority think otherwise?
    Furunculus Maneuver: Adopt a highly logical position on a controversial subject where you cannot disagree with the merits of the proposal, only disagree with an opinion based on fundamental values. - Beskar

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Furunculus View Post
    Fake news. The EU charter of fundamental rights is quite separate from the European convention on human rights, which is brought into legal effect by the human right act and equalities act.

Dominic grieve was persuaded that nothing substantive would be lost, does someone of greater authority think otherwise?
    Seems to me to have been a good bit of political theater by Corbyn. He risked nada, and got to twit the tories a bit.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Seems to me to have been a good bit of political theater by Corbyn. He risked nada, and got to twit the tories a bit.
    He's based his entire career on this - yapping from the backbenches about how everything is wrong, happy in the knowledge that no one will ask him to demonstrate what he wants works. Why stop now?

He constantly points out the obvious - yes, there is income disparity, things are really difficult for those at the base and the rich have ways of diverting elsewhere. A 14 year old with attitude can spout that. What can be done about this without "solving" income inequality by making everyone universally poor? I have no idea, since the tax code makes it so easy for all profitable activities to occur elsewhere... Wiping out tax havens in Europe might be a start - get France and Germany to invade Monaco and Lichenstein...? But then US states such as Denver do pretty much the same thing, so most would move - which is easy given they do nothing anyway.

I've been wondering how much I'd need to make before such a scheme as to me revenue-neutral. Sadly the answer appears to be at least £200k a year excess income.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Since France provides Monaco's entire military protection, an invasion might not even be necessary.

But what might help with the tax evasion would be something like a global contract similar to the Paris agreement where all countriesagree on certain minimum taxes that cannot be lowered in any way through special deals etc.
    There are however still two problems:
    1. Aside from threats of invasion, small countries have no incentive to join as they can get along fine by taxing global corporations at half a percent or so.
    2. If the minimum is too low, and some larger countries have to try and go above it still in order to cover expenses, the smaller countries may get an enormous excess tax income while the larger ones still struggle to find a "sweet spot" that works for them...

On the other hand, if the minimum is high enough, tax evasion may become more expensive than just paying the taxes properly right away, and the end of evasion schemes may make up for the loss incurred by a lower percentage in some countries. Of course, countries like Panama, Monaco, etc. would lose some income as they suddenly lose almost the only thing that made them relevant. Of course the argument could be made that what makes them relevant causes endless griefd elsewhere (and they won't be invaded as a result ), so...

Global regime of collection and distribution of corporate tax.

Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    He's based his entire career on this - yapping from the backbenches about how everything is wrong, happy in the knowledge that no one will ask him to demonstrate what he wants works. Why stop now?

He constantly points out the obvious - yes, there is income disparity, things are really difficult for those at the base and the rich have ways of diverting elsewhere. A 14 year old with attitude can spout that. What can be done about this without "solving" income inequality by making everyone universally poor? I have no idea, since the tax code makes it so easy for all profitable activities to occur elsewhere... Wiping out tax havens in Europe might be a start - get France and Germany to invade Monaco and Lichenstein...? But then US states such as Denver do pretty much the same thing, so most would move - which is easy given they do nothing anyway.

I've been wondering how much I'd need to make before such a scheme as to me revenue-neutral. Sadly the answer appears to be at least £200k a year excess income.

Wasn't this the MO of the Leave campaign though? Make all kinds of claims based on little to no truth. Then once their vote was won, disclaim all responsibility for it. Farage disclaimed the 350m per week promise the morning after the referendum, while Leavers have been trying to distance themselves from it by claiming it wasn't really a promise. The warnings that Turkey and its many Muslims were about to join the EU were disclaimed by saying that it's not what the main campaign said. Anything else the Leave campaign promised has also been disclaimed by saying that they're not the government who have to implement their decision, the government just has to and it's not their responsibility how it turns out. Also see the Norway option that PFH thought was the most likely result of the referendum, which Farage among others also promised, which has been ruled out on the UK's side. Or the many great trade deals that other countries are now guaranteeing will not happen as envisaged by the Leavers. How much do the Leave campaign's promises matter?

Wasn't this the MO of the Leave campaign though? Make all kinds of claims based on little to no truth. Then once their vote was won, disclaim all responsibility for it. Farage disclaimed the 350m per week promise the morning after the referendum, while Leavers have been trying to distance themselves from it by claiming it wasn't really a promise. The warnings that Turkey and its many Muslims were about to join the EU were disclaimed by saying that it's not what the main campaign said. Anything else the Leave campaign promised has also been disclaimed by saying that they're not the government who have to implement their decision, the government just has to and it's not their responsibility how it turns out. Also see the Norway option that PFH thought was the most likely result of the referendum, which Farage among others also promised, which has been ruled out on the UK's side. Or the many great trade deals that other countries are now guaranteeing will not happen as envisaged by the Leavers. How much do the Leave campaign's promises matter?
    Remain claimed that Leave wanted MORE immigration because they want an oz points system. Where does that leave us? Nowhere.
    Furunculus Maneuver: Adopt a highly logical position on a controversial subject where you cannot disagree with the merits of the proposal, only disagree with an opinion based on fundamental values. - Beskar

Quote Originally Posted by Furunculus View Post
    Remain claimed that Leave wanted MORE immigration because they want an oz points system. Where does that leave us? Nowhere.
    You wot? It was plain throughout the campaign that Leave tended towards Farage's xenophobic line, hence his claim that Turkey ere about to join the EU.

You wot? It was plain throughout the campaign that Leave tended towards Farage's xenophobic line, hence his claim that Turkey ere about to join the EU.
    I heard it myself.

Face it, you've got a glass house too, so throwing stones is not an activity you can engage in without consequence.

Page 25 of 121 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast