Thread: Badger Badger Badger

Member Member V:force Champion HopAlongBunny's Avatar

Default Badger Badger Badger

I remember, some time ago, a thread about badger elimination.
    Turns out they engineer the landscape removing dead/diseased carcasses from circulation.
    Warning! This may endanger any memories you harbour from Wind in the Willows:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ses-scientists
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Incorruptible Forest Manager Member Tristuskhan's Avatar

Default Re: Badger Badger Badger

Badger elimination is a shitty business anyway, as is extermination of any local fauna.

Besides scavenging, badgers are also important builders. Their hideouts are often confiscated (or occupied after badgers leave) by foxes and rabbits (?!). Badgers are the only competent diggers in heavy clayish ground.

Badgers are mostly vegetarian, but females gestating or lactating are HUGE predators of rodents at the time of the year rodent regulation is crucial.

Crucial, then. Killing badgers in order to try (unsuccesfully, mind you) to protect overfragile mutant cattle is just one more symptom of how stupid we still are as a species.

That's almost Trumpesque: my cattle dies, I shoot badgers, does it save my cattle, no, but I showed everyone I have some will to act.
    Last edited by Tristuskhan; 04-17-2017 at 22:05.
    "Les Cons ça ose tout, c'est même à ça qu'on les reconnait"

Kentoc'h Mervel Eget Bezañ Saotret - Death feels better than stain, motto of the Breton People. Emgann!