Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 45

Thread: Gilrandir vs Immune "System"

  1. #1
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    14,379

    Default Gilrandir vs Immune "System"

    This all comes down to the top tenth of the top one percent of top posters wanting more posts than everyone else.
    That's because post count is relative. There was a time when you were a top poster with 1000 posts but now you aren't even one if you have 10000. This creates an atmosphere of jealousy so the elites have the poorest threads closed or merged in private jail threads.
    Wake up sheeple and let's Make Orgland Great Again by getting the best posters into Admin positions! No loser posters in Admin positions! There will be so much posting that you will get tired of posting! We also need a wall to keep the posters from the Total War section out of our promised Backroom! Only winner-posters know the best firewalls to keep these loser posters out because they bring kitten memes, potty mouths, they're trolls and they ruin our youths!



    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  2. #2
    Member Member Gilrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    2,973

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Moderation is like the immune system, if it gets too bored because there are not enough nasty posts to edit and warning points to be handed out, it develops allergies and begins to attack things that aren't really problematic. The real problem is that all of you don't get angry enough to collect warning points. You only have yourselves to blame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Immune system is a misname. The notion of system presupposes elements and relations between them. Unlike digestive system or blood circulatory system or musculoskeletal system the "immune system" doesn't have organs connected with each other to perform the protecting function. It is rather lymphatic system plus a bunch of miscellaneous organs of other systems (including the skin) that address the task of protecting the body against infections. In no way do they form a system.

  3. #3
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    14,379

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Immune system is a misname. The notion of system presupposes elements and relations between them. Unlike digestive system or blood circulatory system or musculoskeletal system the "immune system" doesn't have organs connected with each other to perform the protecting function. It is rather lymphatic system plus a bunch of miscellaneous organs of other systems (including the skin) that address the task of protecting the body against infections. In no way do they form a system.
    There is a system and also coordination going on in the immune system. If not so much between organs, there is certainly coordination between cells: http://kidshealth.org/en/parents/immune.html

    Although antibodies can recognize an antigen and lock onto it, they are not capable of destroying it without help. That's the job of the T cells, which are part of the system that destroys antigens that have been tagged by antibodies or cells that have been infected or somehow changed. (Some T cells are actually called "killer cells.") T cells also are involved in helping signal other cells (like phagocytes) to do their jobs.
    IIRC the problem with AIDS is that it attacks the type of cell that would alert others to destroy the invading AIDS, thus blunting the reaction of the immune system and making the body more susceptible to other attacks as well since AIDS has knocked out an important part of the defense system. This wouldn't be as problematic if the rest of the system worked without getting triggered by the cells that AIDS knocks out.
    Then again my biology class on this stuff was >10 years in the past...


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  4. #4
    Member Member Gilrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    2,973

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    There is a system and also coordination going on in the immune system. If not so much between organs, there is certainly coordination between cells: http://kidshealth.org/en/parents/immune.html
    Cells are not organs. All cells are in a way connected, not so the organs. Thus, not a system.

  5. #5
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    14,379

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Cells are not organs. All cells are in a way connected, not so the organs. Thus, not a system.
    The organs don't need to be connected for it to be a system, what are you talking about?
    You sound like you're saying the human body is not a system because the left foot is not directly connected to the right foot.


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  6. #6
    Senior Member Senior Member Othello Champion Montmorency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,914

    Default Re: What the hell?

    The immune system is a system: an organ system. It's not one organ. It's a supervenient process of the regulatory action of most, if not all organs in the body.
    Vitiate Man.

    Member thankful for this post:

    Husar 


  7. #7
    Member Member Gilrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    2,973

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    The immune system is a system: an organ system. It's not one organ. It's a supervenient process of the regulatory action of most, if not all organs in the body.
    To form a system organs must be connected to each other. Not so in case of immune "system": http://www.livescience.com/38028-how...fographic.html

  8. #8
    Senior Member Senior Member Othello Champion Montmorency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,914

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Where do you get that notion?
    Vitiate Man.

  9. #9
    Member Member Gilrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    2,973

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Where do you get that notion?
    See the link. As I have said, it is the lymphatic system that connects SOME organs responsible for the protection of the body against infections. Other organs responsible for protection (namely skin) are not connected to spleen or thymus.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Senior Member Othello Champion Montmorency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,914

    Default Re: What the hell?

    I don't think you understand. All the organs and systems of the body contribute some function to the immune response. They are all connected by being in the same body.
    Vitiate Man.

    Member thankful for this post:

    Husar 


  11. #11
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    14,379

    Default Re: What the hell?

    They're all connected via the nerve system in the same way left and right leg are connected via bones, so what are you talking about?

    It was just a joke until you came along and made it a discussion about how you have no idea what a system is...
    Last edited by Husar; 04-09-2017 at 12:52.


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  12. #12
    Member Member Gilrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    2,973

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    I don't think you understand. All the organs and systems of the body contribute some function to the immune response. They are all connected by being in the same body.
    That is why it is not a separate system. Immunity is the general ability of an organism to resist infection. This function is performed (as you correctly remarked) by sundry organs which belong to OTHER different systems. But there is no separate chain of organs responsible for protection. That is way I maintain that "immunity system" is not a system.

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    It was just a joke until you came along and made it a discussion about how you have no idea what a system is...
    A system is elements plus structure the latter being represented by connections and relations. If some of these are missing it is not a system.
    Last edited by Gilrandir; 04-09-2017 at 13:46.

  13. #13
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    14,379

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    A system is elements plus structure the latter being represented by connections and relations. If some of these are missing it is not a system.
    Not all elements have to be directly connected as you claim. The body consists of more than just organs. Is the nerve system not a system because the nerves are not directly connected? Do the chemicals that connect them not count? Or how are the planets in the solar system connected? Also not a system? I guess you need to lecture Harvard, Oxford and NASA about how they got it all wrong.


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  14. #14
    The Red Titled Forum Administrator Beskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Albion
    Posts
    15,103

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Gilrandir does like to contest concepts arbitrarily in strange ways.
    Last edited by Beskar; 04-09-2017 at 15:37.
    "What makes something right or wrong?" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." # | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs." RG

    Member thankful for this post:



  15. #15
    Member Member Gilrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    2,973

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Not all elements have to be directly connected as you claim. The body consists of more than just organs. Is the nerve system not a system because the nerves are not directly connected? Do the chemicals that connect them not count?
    How do you mean nerves aren't connected?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nervous_system_diagram-en.svg.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	19594

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Or how are the planets in the solar system connected? Also not a system?
    The force that keeps them together is the Sun's gravity. This is the connection.



    Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Gilrandir does like to contest concepts arbitrarily in strange ways.
    Not concepts, but names. Misnames happen, even in science. For example, a light year is not a unit of time measurement, but of distance measurement. However, it is conventionally kept.

    As for contesting things: there was a time when geocentric model of the world was a commonly recognized concept. Yet some people dared to contest it. And now another view on how the universe is built is recognized. Several times the structure of the atom was reconsidered. So science is about contesting things.
    Last edited by Gilrandir; 04-09-2017 at 16:24.

  16. #16
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    14,379

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    How do you mean nerves aren't connected?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nervous_system_diagram-en.svg.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	19594
    I'm wondering why you think nerves are connected but the organs involved in the immune system are not? One connection of those organs are the T-cells that kill antigenes, another would be the blood that is used to distribute information and other things the immune system needs.
    Nerves are connected in a similar way because two nerves do not communicate directly, they send chemicals to one another. Your picture doesn't show anything relevant, it's about as usless to show "connection" as the example of left and right leg being connected via bones and muscles. In the same way all our organs are connected via bones and muscles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    The force that keeps them together is the Sun's gravity. This is the connection.
    Then the skin is what keeps the organs connected, or the blood, or the nerve system, the bones, the muslces, what are you still arguing about?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Not concepts, but names. Misnames happen, even in science. For example, a light year is not a unit of time measurement, but of distance measurement. However, it is conventionally kept.
    And there is nothing wrong with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    As for contesting things: there was a time when geocentric model of the world was a commonly recognized concept. Yet some people dared to contest it. And now another view on how the universe is built is recognized. Several times the structure of the atom was reconsidered. So science is about contesting things.
    The problem here is that a system is a linguistic construct defined by man, not a natural ocurrence to be observed. So you either have to show how the immune system doesn't fit our definition of a system or state how your definition of a system differs, in which case it's a matter of taste and your attempt to force your definition through against a long-established consensus is just weird. Especially since your definition of a "connection" as required between the parts of a system appears incredibly arbirtrary to me.
    The other option is that what you see as part of the immune system is different from what I meant. For example you mentioned the skin, which I would define as the "wider immune system" whereas I was referring to the narrower definition of immune system, i.e. the parts that actually react to intruders, that is the T-cells, which are the ones that identify and attack things and are responsible for the false alarms that cause allergies as I said.

    So you were really jumping head first into a joke to throw "science" around without giving any second thought to what I was referring to or how to actually approach the subject scientifically, which would be to define what you mean with the words you use instead of wildly pitting definitions against one another as though either of them were a god-given constant.

    I'm really not interested in following that any further though, it gets boring quickly...


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  17. #17
    Senior Member Senior Member Othello Champion Montmorency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,914

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    That is why it is not a separate system. Immunity is the general ability of an organism to resist infection. This function is performed (as you correctly remarked) by sundry organs which belong to OTHER different systems. But there is no separate chain of organs responsible for protection. That is way I maintain that "immunity system" is not a system.



    A system is elements plus structure the latter being represented by connections and relations. If some of these are missing it is not a system.
    So, as you just stated it there is an interrelated structure, where function is mutually dependent and reactive. Fin.
    Vitiate Man.

    Member thankful for this post:

    Husar 


  18. #18
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    14,379

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Philippus Flavius Homovallumus View Post
    It actually annoys me
    I blame Gilrandir.


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  19. #19
    Member Member Gilrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    2,973

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    So, as you just stated it there is an interrelated structure, where function is mutually dependent and reactive. Fin.
    I didn't say structure. I said "SUNDRY organs belonging to OTHER systems".

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    I'm wondering why you think nerves are connected but the organs involved in the immune system are not? One connection of those organs are the T-cells that kill antigenes, another would be the blood that is used to distribute information and other things the immune system needs.
    Cells can't serve an example of connection. Otherwise one might claim that rectum and skin being eventually connected by cells make up a separate system of the organism.
    Blood is not and organ, and moreover it doesn't belong to immune "system". Another argument why it is not a self-contained system.

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Nerves are connected in a similar way because two nerves do not communicate directly, they send chemicals to one another. Your picture doesn't show anything relevant, it's about as usless to show "connection" as the example of left and right leg being connected via bones and muscles.
    All nerves stem from brain and/or spinal chord.

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    In the same way all our organs are connected via bones and muscles.
    Heart and stomach as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Then the skin is what keeps the organs connected, or the blood, or the nerve system, the bones, the muslces, what are you still arguing about?
    Skin is an outside shell, inside organs are not connected by skin. On blood see above. Generally, one may find a lot of connections between different organs, but all of them form chains uniting them in self-contained systems with their own primary functions. This is why heart is a part of one sytem and lungs - of another.

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    And there is nothing wrong with it.
    Which doesn't cancel the fact that it is a misname.

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    The problem here is that a system is a linguistic construct defined by man, not a natural ocurrence to be observed.
    So solar system is not a natural occurence? System is a word used to signify phenomena of the environment. It fits some of them, and it doesn't fit others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    So you either have to show how the immune system doesn't fit our definition of a system or state how your definition of a system differs, in which case it's a matter of taste and your attempt to force your definition through against a long-established consensus is just weird. Especially since your definition of a "connection" as required between the parts of a system appears incredibly arbirtrary to me.
    Reaching a consensus doesn't mean being terminologically correct. I can give an example of Paleoasiatic languages which are conventionally slumped together into one "family" despite the fact they are not genetically related. Or there is conventionally recognized linguistic category of noun gender, but in fact it is not a category (for nouns). Well, I don't think you would want me to elaborate, but if you do, give me a sign.

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    So you were really jumping head first into a joke to throw "science" around without giving any second thought to what I was referring to or how to actually approach the subject scientifically, which would be to define what you mean with the words you use instead of wildly pitting definitions against one another as though either of them were a god-given constant.
    If all definitions are arbitrary, what's the use of trying to persuade me mine take on the issue is wrong? I gave all the arguments I was asked and I don't see why they are worse then yours. If mine don't convince you there is no need to call my approach unscientific, wild or arbitrary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    I blame Gilrandir.
    When in the thread dealing with Maidan events people started comparing tanks against each other no blames were hurled around.

  20. #20
    Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Novi Sad, Serbia
    Posts
    4,094

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Ah, death, taxes and Gilrandir complaining about double standards.

    Member thankful for this post:

    Husar 


  21. #21
    Member Member Gilrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    2,973

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    Ah, death, taxes and Gilrandir complaining about double standards.
    So not the double standards are to blame, but the complainer. I see.

  22. #22
    Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Run N Gun Champion, Hook Line & Sinker Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion, Street Racer Champion, Pipe Mania Champion, Spider Jump Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Word Up Champion, Burger Time Champion, Shape Game Champion, Quick Shot Champion, Shuriken Challenge Champion, James Bomb Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Crazy Cars Champion, Space Runner Champion, Submarine Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, Cub Shoot 2 Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Chicken Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Treasure Diver Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion, Jet Pac Stan Champion, Warthog Launch Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Frogger Champion, Slack Man Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Brighton Bounty Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Super Mario Mushroom Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Rotation Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Ninja Turtles 2 Champion, Ice Racer Champion, Its Mine Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, KF 9000 Champion, Stick Avalanche Champion, White Van Man Champion, What-A-Shot Champion, Mars Patrol Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Magic Ball Champion, BlackJack Champion, Sonny Sunshine Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Latibulm mali regis in muris.
    Posts
    9,606

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    So not the double standards are to blame, but the complainer. I see.
    His snarky comment does not undercut the reality of the double standards (after all death and taxes are quite real), he's merely ascribing a constancy to your complaints.

    Not strictly accurate of course, but I admit to having chuckled.
    "Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude." -- A. de Tocqueville

    "Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite." -- J.K. Galbraith

    "When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.” -- J. H. Marx

  23. #23
    Member Member Gilrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    2,973

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    His snarky comment does not undercut the reality of the double standards (after all death and taxes are quite real), he's merely ascribing a constancy to your complaints.

    Not strictly accurate of course, but I admit to having chuckled.
    In the world of constant changes where nothing is certain, there should be some things which are rock solid. I'm proud to be one of them.

    Members thankful for this post (2):



  24. #24
    Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Novi Sad, Serbia
    Posts
    4,094

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    So not the double standards are to blame, but the complainer. I see.
    But have you noticed that it's only like that when you are the complainer?

  25. #25
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    14,379

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    In the world of constant changes where nothing is certain, there should be some things which are rock solid. I'm proud to be one of them.
    Well, while we're at it, "rock solid" is a misnomer since rocks aren't really as solid as is implied......

    You and your double standards.


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

    Member thankful for this post:



  26. #26
    Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Run N Gun Champion, Hook Line & Sinker Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion, Street Racer Champion, Pipe Mania Champion, Spider Jump Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Word Up Champion, Burger Time Champion, Shape Game Champion, Quick Shot Champion, Shuriken Challenge Champion, James Bomb Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Crazy Cars Champion, Space Runner Champion, Submarine Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, Cub Shoot 2 Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Chicken Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Treasure Diver Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion, Jet Pac Stan Champion, Warthog Launch Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Frogger Champion, Slack Man Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Brighton Bounty Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Super Mario Mushroom Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Rotation Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Ninja Turtles 2 Champion, Ice Racer Champion, Its Mine Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, KF 9000 Champion, Stick Avalanche Champion, White Van Man Champion, What-A-Shot Champion, Mars Patrol Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Magic Ball Champion, BlackJack Champion, Sonny Sunshine Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Latibulm mali regis in muris.
    Posts
    9,606

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Insert haiku about the "cherry blossom-like" ephemerality of existence [here].
    "Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude." -- A. de Tocqueville

    "Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite." -- J.K. Galbraith

    "When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.” -- J. H. Marx

  27. #27
    Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Run N Gun Champion, Hook Line & Sinker Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion, Street Racer Champion, Pipe Mania Champion, Spider Jump Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Word Up Champion, Burger Time Champion, Shape Game Champion, Quick Shot Champion, Shuriken Challenge Champion, James Bomb Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Crazy Cars Champion, Space Runner Champion, Submarine Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, Cub Shoot 2 Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Chicken Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Treasure Diver Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion, Jet Pac Stan Champion, Warthog Launch Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Frogger Champion, Slack Man Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Brighton Bounty Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Super Mario Mushroom Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Rotation Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Ninja Turtles 2 Champion, Ice Racer Champion, Its Mine Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, KF 9000 Champion, Stick Avalanche Champion, White Van Man Champion, What-A-Shot Champion, Mars Patrol Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Magic Ball Champion, BlackJack Champion, Sonny Sunshine Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Latibulm mali regis in muris.
    Posts
    9,606

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Well, while we're at it, "rock solid" is a misnomer since rocks aren't really as solid as is implied.
    If we can just shrink down all that wasted space between leptons...
    "Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude." -- A. de Tocqueville

    "Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite." -- J.K. Galbraith

    "When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.” -- J. H. Marx

    Member thankful for this post:

    Husar 


  28. #28
    Member Member Gilrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    2,973

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    But have you noticed that it's only like that when you are the complainer?
    Others have been bullied by you and don't dare even to complain.

  29. #29
    Formerly Wigferth Ironwall Senior Member Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Isca
    Posts
    12,529

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    But have you noticed that it's only like that when you are the complainer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Others have been bullied by you and don't dare even to complain.
    Both of you, just stop it.

    Either be civil to each other or put each other on ignore.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."


  30. #30
    Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Novi Sad, Serbia
    Posts
    4,094

    Default Re: What the hell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Philippus Flavius Homovallumus View Post
    Both of you, just stop it.

    Either be civil to each other or put each other on ignore.
    Way to spoil the fun. Just for this, I'm withdrawing my support. Good luck becoming a moderator without my Grey Eminence level abilities.

    Also, I don't dislike Gilrandir. He is intelligent and he can be a lot of fun when he is not being purposefully obtuse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Others have been bullied by you and don't dare even to complain.
    That's not true. Just Greyblades. And he complains. And lately I've mostly ignored him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO