Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gilrandir vs Immune "System"

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: What the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Others have been bullied by you and don't dare even to complain.
    Oh common, a sharp response and bullying isn't the same. Sarmatarian has a talent for sarcasm that's all

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Oh common, a sharp response and bullying isn't the same. Sarmatarian has a talent for sarcasm that's all
    Which isn't really the most useful of talents. Good with numbers, Goalscorer and 25cm penis were already taken.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    Which isn't really the most useful of talents. Good with numbers, Goalscorer and 25cm penis were already taken.
    The latter is more of a curse, since it won't be able to fit.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

I know, got them right here

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Well, while we're at it, "rock solid" is a misnomer since rocks aren't really as solid as is implied......

You and your double standards.
    Rock solid is a metaphor, not a misname. Misnames aren't bothersome unless they become terms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Also, I don't dislike Gilrandir. He is intelligent and he can be a lot of fun when he is not being purposefully obtuse.
    What a progress! Only a while ago I was a know nothing who doesn't have a clue in things he discusses.

Nah. You just tend to be purposefully obtuse a LOT.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Just a reminder to keep it civil.

On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Way to spoil the fun. Just for this, I'm withdrawing my support. Good luck becoming a moderator without my Grey Eminence level abilities.
    You see, I warned you I would be no fun as a mod, and I don't want the job anyway.

Wait - if I've managed to modify Sarmation's opinion without recourse to any moderation tool, does that mean I'm better suited for the post?

Wait - is this spam? Am I a bad poster now?

Excuse me, I'll be in the corner having an existential crisis.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Philippus Flavius Homovallumus View Post
    You see, I warned you I would be no fun as a mod, and I don't want the job anyway.

Wait - if I've managed to modify Sarmation's opinion without recourse to any moderation tool, does that mean I'm better suited for the post?

Wait - is this spam? Am I a bad poster now?

Excuse me, I'll be in the corner having an existential crisis.
    Relax Mr. Horner. Have a slice of pie.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Nah. You just tend to be purposefully obtuse a LOT.
    If you find such occurences frequent, how can you be sure I'm intelligent (which you seem to spot rarely) and not naturally dumb (which you seem to spot as often as not)?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    If you find such occurences frequent, how can you be sure I'm intelligent (which you seem to spot rarely) and not naturally dumb (which you seem to spot as often as not)?
    Little telltale signs. You tend to be most difficult in discussions involving Ukraine and/or Russia, which is understandable to a degree as you're much more emotionally invested in them than the rest of us. It takes a rather strong conscious effort to ignore that little bit of nationalism we all have.

In other threads you tend to be more objective although your desire to argue semantics makes you sometimes look like you're arguing for the sake of arguing.

It takes a rather strong conscious effort to ignore that little bit of nationalism we all have.
    The problem with many people here (including you) is that you don't differentiate between nationalism and patriotism.

In other threads you tend to be more objective although your desire to argue semantics makes you sometimes look like you're arguing for the sake of arguing.
    I have many other joys and sorrows to attend to to argue for the sake of arguing. Arguing semantics stems from my linguistic background, so it is professionally motivated. But, again, it is not for the sake of arguing.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Little telltale signs. You tend to be most difficult in discussions involving Ukraine and/or Russia, which is understandable to a degree as you're much more emotionally invested in them than the rest of us. It takes a rather strong conscious effort to ignore that little bit of nationalism we all have....
    How about those of us who are ardent nationalists just 2-3 steps short of jingoism?
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    How about those of us who are ardent nationalists just 2-3 steps short of jingoism?
    You know I have an intellectual crush on you, I could never be mad at you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12