Thread: You couldn't make it up

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default You couldn't make it up

The UN must really want to have the status of the Nobel peace price, none at all

http://www.unwomen.org/en/csw

Saudi-Arabia?? Really? It's no longer april's fools day, it's that the whole year

Members thankful for this post (2):

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Default Re: You couldn't make it up

I've thanked you because you've obviously made an effort to word it in such a way that people can't figure out what you're talking about.

Members thankful for this post (4):

There is not a single mention of Saudi Arabia on the linked page.

Congrats for nothing?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Yep I posted the wrong link, anyways, Saudi-Arabia is in the UN-women's rights commision. I know that everything is for sale in the UN but geez

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Frags, I agree the irony is delightful, but you really need to give us the correct link sir. Your first post here was like having the comedian do the set up then walk off the stage without telling the punch line.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

Site I got it from is only interested in the countries that said yes to having Saudi-Arabia in the UN-council for the promotion of women's rights and gender-equality, so am I really, we are still betting I put 50 on Sweden because it's Sweden

edit: ah fine I won't be ass, this is the first I could find http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...ght-commission

I must be in a Monty Python sketch
    Last edited by Fragony; 04-24-2017 at 15:49.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

"And now for something completely different..."
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Don't worry Frags, I understood you.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Member thankful for this post:

At least 5 EU states voted for the Saudis in the secret ballot.”. Thanks EU.

Oh, and this is hardly the first time the Kingdom of Horrors makes a parody out of a UN institution.

In 2016, Saud was elected into UN Human Rights Council for three years (while bombing away on civilian Yemenites with British weapons and munitions), also in a secret ballot. Their arms-dealer, the UK, refused deny whether it backed Saud’s place on the council back then.

Take a wild guess on what the UK voted now.
    "The ink of the scholar is more holy than the blood of the martyr."

I only defended myself and the honor of my family” - Nazanin