Thread: contacting Total War Center

Member Member magnificent walrus's Avatar

Default contacting Total War Center

I've used the "Contact Us" button on the bottom of the forum page of Total War Center to reinstate my account but change my user name to be the same as here on The Org. It's been more than a week and I didn't get a response. I used the "Contact Us" button again in the meanwhile, but actually I don't how long I should expect to wait and if they'll eventually answer by email. Since I cannot post there (without using a different email address to register) I wanted to ask for your advice. Thank you.
    By the way, I found this thread there: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...w-death-of-TWC Could this mean the administration is also less active? Anyway, I'm happy to hear that they actually wish for new members :)

Default Re: contacting Total War Center

I didn't understand your problem, but I think your best bet is to contact Gigantus, who's fairly active here and also an administrator in Total War Center.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/membe...93912-Gigantus
    What do you mean by "reinstate"? Is your account suspended, have you lost your password or do you simply want to change your username?

Quote Originally Posted by Crandar View Post
    I didn't understand your problem, but I think your best bet is to contact Gigantus, who's fairly active here and also an administrator in Total War Center.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/membe...93912-Gigantus
    What do you mean by "reinstate"? Is your account suspended, have you lost your password or do you simply want to change your username?
    I'd suspended myself (If I'd simply lost my password and even my user name, I could send those to my email address and, following the link in the email, change my password. I actually used that button to test if my account was not suspended but I didn't get an email so I'm taking that's because it's indeed suspended.), I'm following the instructions here: http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/TWC:FAQ...nding_yourself My former account was a dummy, but now I want a real account to post on the forum of a mod I've discovered since then (which's also the reason I've registered here) and I want it to have the same user name and possibly correct my birth date etc. too (It's normally impossible to change these after registration.). I don't know how they'll reply to my request but I didn't expect it to take more than a week, so I wanted to ask for your advice.
    I thought it was better to post a thread than private message individuals and you could draw her attention by just mentioning her in your post, but thanks still, I'll message her a link to this thread (By the way, she is also listed in the credits of the mod I'm registering for ).

I think that Gigantus is a retired guy from Germany, not a girl. :Ρ

Anyway, for "suspended by request" accounts you did the right thing, so I am not sure why your private message was overlooked. Maybe by accident or maybe only the owner has access to it and, afaik, he rarely checks about twcenter anymore.
    Anyway, I'm sure Gig will be positive and you will quickly have access to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Crandar View Post
    I think that Gigantus is a retired guy from Germany, not a girl. :Ρ
    Not many people specify their gender in their profiles (And I don't think they need to, either.) and the forum doesn't have a gender field in user profiles, so I just used the pronouns for the default gender. I don't even know her location or job (which I do provide in my profile, for example.), my father is the same age and has one more year to qualify for retirement.
    By the way, I don't know what ":P" means here. Do you actually know her or does putting ":P" signify that your previous sentence was just a joke? It's hard to get jokes on the Internet, sorry :)

Yes, it's the joking smiley. Good luck, bro, and hoping you get your account back.

I know the vioces aren't real Member Gigantus's Avatar

'Suspended by request' is limited to a period of two years max after which it automatically expires and the account is then accessible without further difficulty.
    There are 87 accounts on TWC with the phrase walrus in it, none of which is magnificent however
    'mentioning' does not work on TWC. Unfortunately so does 'Contact us' at the moment due to a technical problem. Sending a PM to one of the admins on this list (tango12345 is your best bet) will require opening an account, seeing that there is no problem to use multiple accounts on TWC, unless you misuse them, should enable you to sort out your issue.
    My profile does provide limited info regarding my gender, job and location if I am not mistaken.
    Last edited by Gigantus; 04-29-2017 at 19:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    'Suspended by request' is limited to a period of two years max after which it automatically expires and the account is then accessible without further difficulty.
    There are 87 accounts on TWC with the phrase walrus in it, none of which is magnificent however
    'mentioning' does not work on TWC. Unfortunately so does 'Contact us' at the moment due to a technical problem. Sending a PM to one of the admins on this list (tango12345 is your best bet) will require opening an account, seeing that there is no problem to use multiple accounts on TWC, unless you misuse them, should enable you to sort out your issue.
    My profile does provide limited info regarding my gender, job and location if I am not mistaken.
    You conflate The Org and Total War Center. I asked about the use of "mention"s here on The Org, I'll try to learn about Total War Center when I get an account there. But because they both use vBulletin, your comment still applies I guess and I should use private messaging for this purpose, right?
    If the "Contact Us" button does not work, I think it should say so. Otherwise someone like me would wait forever, even thinking there might be a problem on her part.
    I don't have permission to view profiles on Total War Center without logging in an account. I visited your profile here and saw that your signature has a link that reads "I am famous!" which redirects to Total War Center Wiki page about you. I read all of it and it doesn't include personal details.
    Actually, I would like to create a completely new account to change my birth date and user name, but I get an error on the registration page because it's the same email address. So, should I create an email address just so I can register so that I can message an administrator to allow me to create a new account with my normal email address? I'm a bit disappointed the solution is so long-winded, but even then it should definitely state this in the FAQ.
    I normally don't include my signature in my posts (I uncheck it every time I post, I think there should've been a setting to toggle this default behavior.), but include it here for you.

I know the vioces aren't real Member Gigantus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magnificent walrus View Post
    You conflate The Org and Total War Center. I asked about the use of "mention"s here on The Org, I'll try to learn about Total War Center when I get an account there. But because they both use vBulletin, your comment still applies I guess and I should use private messaging for this purpose, right?
    If the "Contact Us" button does not work, I think it should say so. Otherwise someone like me would wait forever, even thinking there might be a problem on her part.
    I don't have permission to view profiles on Total War Center without logging in an account. I visited your profile here and saw that your signature has a link that reads "I am famous!" which redirects to Total War Center Wiki page about you. I read all of it and it doesn't include personal details.
    Actually, I would like to create a completely new account to change my birth date and user name, but I get an error on the registration page because it's the same email address. So, should I create an email address just so I can register so that I can message an administrator to allow me to create a new account with my normal email address? I'm a bit disappointed the solution is so long-winded, but even then it should definitely state this in the FAQ.
    I normally don't include my signature in my posts (I uncheck it every time I post, I think there should've been a setting to toggle this default behavior.), but include it here for you.
    I do get mentions from within the EB dev team forum here on the ORG so I would assume it will work in general.
    My wiki page does not contain bio detail (it's immaterial were I am concerned), wasn't aware you couldn't see details on the profile page if you aren't signed in.
    I have to check if it is possible to change the profile birthday as a regular user, but simply PM me here with your e-mail address and I have a look which account it is allocated to. We can take it from there then.
    I checked the rather short 'suspended by request' list and out of the 9 in total I did 4 myself - which makes me wonder if your suspension was done this way. Anyhow, the e-mail address should clear that up.