Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty - WW2

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Call of Duty - WW2

http://store.steampowered.com/app/47..._of_Duty_WWII/

https://www.callofduty.com/wwii

Back to the sands of Omaha in Normandy, the hand to hand combat of France, the WW2 theatre we all know quite well because the original Call of Duty titles were set in WW2 anyhow. Not to mention the other games set in the era.

So, your thoughts on this?

It's clearly back to the roots - and it will be VERY popular, that's a given.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Call of Duty - WW2

People are sure going to be happy with getting their WW2-weapons back.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I enjoyed the campaigns/singleplayer of the older CoD games, which is lacking in the most recent ones I've played. Hopefully they'll focus more on the singleplayer campaign, but that seems unlikely, because multiplayer is why the CoD games are so popular now. This seems like the logical step since the most recent ones have had modern or post-modern settings. Outside of just copying BF1 and doing a WW1 shooter I don't think there was any other options. I honestly don't have high hopes, outside of occasionally playing multiplayer with my little brother for brief periods and zombies, I've gotten little enjoyment from the most recent iterations of the Call of Duty franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Campaigns are fine there are no bad COD-campaigns. Needs something new though, high production-value can't prevent it from getting kinda boring by now. They must come up with some new ideas, I wouldn't know what, maybe being a squad-leader positioning troops

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Call of Duty: Gettysburg
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Call of Duty: Bring a knife to a gunfight....and win.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Members thankful for this post (2):

Always happens in COD...

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

War - a new gameplay mode in CoD WW2.

Proud

Been to:

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

Ah, not too sure what I think about it - yet. I used to play the original CoD, this feels far more like Battlefield 1.
    I love CoD for its MP; was even playing actively in a clan that was one of the top European clans. Good old times. :)

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book

The new CoD shapes up to be quite nice in my opinion, based on the videos that I kept seeing on YouTube.

But there's one thing - suppressors on WW2 guns? Did those things exist?

Proud

Been to:

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    The new CoD shapes up to be quite nice in my opinion, based on the videos that I kept seeing on YouTube.

But there's one thing - suppressors on WW2 guns? Did those things exist?
    Yes, for example the suppressed Sten SMG versions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sten#Suppressed_models

I'm not entirely sure, but I think there were mostly built-in suppressors and fewer that could be attached and removed such as this one: http://www.forgottenweapons.com/wp-c...20brochure.pdf

Last edited by Husar; 07-03-2017 at 01:57.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

I know about the Welrod, quite an interesting piece - even though the build quality apparently was lacking.

Proud

Been to:

Proud

Been to:

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Looks like your run of the mill COD game, just in a WW2 setting.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Never bring a gun to a gunfight when you can use a blade. THAT is the lesson of modern war.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

15 minutes of gameplay.

Proud

Been to:

PC Beta now available this weekend!

Proud

Been to:

Couple of BETA impressions.

• It's fun - COD formula after all
    • Some maps are excellent - Aachen map is spectacular, Pointe du Hoc is balanced
    • Maps are small
    • Not enough weapon types (just 12)
    • Incendiary shotguns are weird
    • Looks shiny

Proud

Been to:

Small maps and last-gen graphics, haven't played it myself but it looks meh

I want more types of guns, there's only like 12 of them. And the STG44 is basically the assault weapon of choice by default in the game, nobody uses anything else.

Proud

Been to:

Weapens besides a Garand? That's just wrong.

Some of us like something else than that magnificent clip sound of the Garand...

Proud

Been to:

Game launches basically tomorrow - 3rd of November.

Anyone pre-order?

Proud

Been to:

Bit of the campaign, AI looks really dumb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REL13hVj2lA

I like the WW2 setting but it's all meh

Singleplayer Campaign

Multiplayer Gameplay

Proud

Been to:

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

For some reason the campaign intro portion on the ship has a Band of Brothers feel to it. But not in a good way, but like a ripoff way. Amazing graphics though.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Graphics are indeed amazing, and it feels atmospheric and captures a good feel of the era.

Campaign is nice but I really don't like the random appearance of Wehrmacht soldiers all over the place - you keep hitting them and somehow they appear behind you.

Proud

Been to:

Done with the campaign, like all COD-games it is really well done, great setpieces and good weapons. Think what you want of the COD-games but tons of care goes into them

Too many CGI animations / cutscenes for me, it felt like a movie.

Proud

Been to:

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    Too many CGI animations / cutscenes for me, it felt like a movie.
    It is ok, COD really needs new ideas when it comes to gameplay though, probably too risky to mess with the formula all too much probably

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast