Thread: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [Concluded]

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [Concluded]

Pokemon: FireRed

MAFIA

Game rules

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1. Role PMs:
    Do not quote your role PM, do not screenshot your role PM. You may paraphrase what the PM says. Don't talk about what time you got the role PM. Don't challenge people to prove their town status by describing the layout or formatting of the role PM. Basically, just play the game. Don't talk about the role PM, except that you may say what role and alignment you are, any powers you may have.

2. Outside communication:
    Do not talk about the game with spectators or other players. Info can leak out. Unless the game host has given you a specific communication channel to use, private communications are not allowed in this game.

3. Voting (Vote: and bold and red)
    To vote, you will need to make your vote as visible as possible, because I'm old and I can't see too well in my twilight years.

You must Vote: and Bold and red your vote or unvote. You do not need to unvote to vote for someone else. I will accept votes with broken tags if I see them. Although, rest assured, I am cruel, and if your crappy vote would have resulted in something bad happening for your team if I don't count it, I might deliberately not count it, because I am evil. So try to make sure your votes are visible, bold, and red. Hiding your vote in a spoiler is a good idea... if you like not having your vote count. Do not use bold and red together otherwise, unless you wish to ruin your active vote and render it invalid. Voting "abstain" is not allowed. Voting "no lynch" is not allowed. Play the game.

Examples here, in case you're suffering from confusion status:
    Vote: Sasaki Kojiro
    to vote a new target, no need to unvote, simply
    Vote: Seamus Fermanagh
    to vote no one until you decide:
    Unvote

Got it? Bold and red. Fire red.

4. Activity
    Unless you have told me you will be absent (waves at GH), if you go an entire day phase without voting, you will get a strike. A second strike may result in a modkill or sub-out if I have subs available. You have 48 hour day phases. Surely you can post a vote. Have issues with your schedule? Let me know you will be absent in advance and I will mark you as excused or find a sub, if it is an extensive absence. Generally (and hankerchiefly) you don't want to be absent for more than a day phase at a time. Let's limit our absences.

5. Phase lengths (48 hour days, 24 hour nights)
    I know some people like longer or shorter phases, but this is the compromise we all have to live with. It also meets my schedule better. Phases end midnight Norwegian time, which works out to something like 6pm eastern time USA. The phases are also long enough that if the phase end deadline is inconvenient, you should still be able to post a vote that phase. Just like... get gud, or something.

6. The right to edit posts (gone in 60 seconds!)
    Do not edit your post to add content or remove content (at all) or alter a vote, even to fix a vote tag, if the post has been up for more than 1 minute. I will give you 60 seconds to fix your silly mistakes. Otherwise, you must make a new post. Don't accidentally the entire game by posting something meant for your mafia chat in a post, or accidentally link a quicktopic link. Quicktopic adds info to your links that you post in a quicktopic, so any links copied from there into the game thread get redirected through your qt page, and you can even find the quicktopic from the link. Right, Autolycus?
    TL;DR: You can fix a grammar or a spelling or a tag or a link, but avoid making big edits. 60 second time limit. You edit after that, and I can see that you've done that. Depending on the edit, it may be an immediate modkill. Don't make me destroy you.

7. Tied votes (coin of doom)
    If the tie is 3 or more people, it is sudden death, next vote change to put someone in clear first will lynch that person immediately, and if the vote change puts 2 people tied for first, I will spin a coin. If the tie is 2 people, there is no sudden death, I will spin a coin. A fat coin. Heads kills the first person in alphabetical order, tails kills the other poor sap. If the coin comes to a rest still on its edge and stays up, I will decide what happens next with extreme cruelty and glee. Maybe both will die. Maybe both will live. Whichever option creates the most chaos chaos chaos. Mayb...maybe want to avoid ties? I 'unno... it's up to you!

Coin of doom, spin spin spin. How much chaos will you bring?

8. Flavor gaming
    Townies will not know which pokemon they are, or what type, or whatever. They will simply know what, if anything, their role does. They will all be referred to was Townies. If they are Townies with powers, their role is officially "Townie with _____ power". It is possible I will forget this format entirely and refer to folks as Vanilla. It doesn't indicate that someone is faking their role claim. It just means the game host is old and decrepit at the end stage of pre-mortem decomposition and is mostly decayed bones and skin at this point, his mind loooong gone. That said, if you were able to figure out through deduction who or what you are, it's possible it may help you? Doubt it though.

9. Mafia's info
    The mafia will know who they are and have powers they can safely claim. Try to brute force my game, and prepare for disappointment. They'll always have more info than you.

10. Gotta catch 'em all!
    Town wins when all threats to town have been eliminated. Mafia wins when they reach parity with town.
    Player list:

Logic
    Montmorency
    BSmith
    GeneralHankerchief
    El Barto
    Champ
    Jabbz
    Manasi
    SeveringViper
    Novice
    Csargo
    Autolycus
    choxorn Zack
    Cuthillius
    Seireikhaan
    Raith Kemmler
    Sooh
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 05-26-2017 at 23:02.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Default Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [Pre-game]

Game updates will go here.

Unspoiled version:

Narration (post 3)
    Start of Day One (post 4)
    End of Day One (post 438)
    Seireikhaan fainted (post 439)
    End of Night One (post 442)
    Cuthillius fainted (post 443)
    End of Day Two (post 728)
    Raith Kemmler fainted (post 729)
    End of Night Two (post 732)
    Sooh fainted (post 732)
    Zack replaced in for choxorn. (post 733)
    End of Day Three (post 1051)
    Autolycus fainted (post 1052)
    End of Night Three (post 1057)
    BSmith fainted (post 1058)
    End of Day Four (post 1291)
    SeveringViper fainted (post 1292)
    End of Night Four (post 1293)
    No one fainted (post 1294)
    End of Day Five (post 1536)
    End of Night Five (post 1538)
    End of Day Six (post 1669)
    El barto fainted (post 1670)
    End of Night Six (post 1671)
    Montmorency fainted (post 1672)
    Finale starts here (post 1764-1766)
    Postgame

Spoilers (reveals):
    Narration (post 3)
    Start of Day One (post 4)
    End of Day One (post 438)
    Seireikhaan fainted (post 439) Bulbasaur, 3p survivor
    End of Night One (post 442)
    Cuthillius fainted (post 443) Oddish, Town 1x poison
    End of Day Two (post 728)
    Raith Kemmler fainted (post 729) Ekans, Town 1x block
    End of Night Two (post 732)
    Sooh fainted (post 732) Diglett, Town 1x block
    Zack replaced in for choxorn. (post 733)
    End of Day Three (post 1051)
    Autolycus fainted (post 1052) Pidgey, Town Nonconsecutive Self-protect + 1x block, ground immune
    End of Night Three (post 1057)
    BSmith fainted (post 1058) Meowth, Town
    End of Day Four (post 1291)
    SeveringViper fainted (post 1292) Squirtle, Town Nonconsecutive Self-protect + 1x block
    End of Night Four (post 1293)
    No one fainted (post 1294)
    End of Day Five (post 1536) Heracross, Mafia goon with self-protect ability
    End of Night Five (post 1538) Paras, Town 2x Sleep, 1x Block
    End of Day Six (post 1669)
    El barto fainted (post 1670) Kakuna, Town 1x poison, poison immune
    End of Night Six (post 1671)
    Montmorency fainted (post 1672) Voltorb, Town 1x Block, 1x Weak electricity vig shot
    Finale starts here (post 1764-1766)
    Postgame

OK!
    Logic
    GeneralHankerchief
    Champ
    Jabbz
    Manasi
    Novice

Fainted

Seireikhaan
    Cuthillius
    Raith Kemmler
    Sooh
    Autolycus
    Bsmith
    SeveringViper
    Csargo
    Zack choxorn
    El Barto
    Montmorency
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 06-10-2017 at 00:15.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

- An image of a man in a lab coat appears.

Professor Oak:

"OH HAI THERE!
    Welcome to the world of POKEMON! People call me Professor Oak. Want to know why they call me that? Heh, well, we'll get to that later. First, I want to show you something...."

Professor Oak:

"This right here, is a goshdang POKEMON!

Some people keep them as pets. Others like to make them fight each other to the death! Some people even like to dress up as pokemon... We don't talk about that. And I study pokemon as a profession. I get a nice paycheck from the government to pretend to think about these things. It's a sweet job. I haven't done a single thing in ten years but chase women in my lab coat. Don't you think it makes me look sexy?"

-Yes
    -No
    -I'm 10

Professor Oak:

"Next, I need to ask you some personal questions. Which gender are you? ...Is that still something I can ask? Okay, let's skip that question. What is your name?"

-Red
    -Ash
    -Silent Protagonist
    -I've lived next door to you my whole life

Professor Oak:

"Oh, right... how could I have forgotten. And this guy... man oh man, he needs no introduction. This is my pride and joy, the brightest and most talented chip off the old block of them all. You all know who he is! Go on, say his name! Let it roll around on your tongue a little bit!"

-Gary
    -Mother
    -
    F*^&ing
    -Oak

Professor Oak:

"OH YEAH BABY! YOU KNOW IT!

This guy looks a little bit like you, but way better looking! He's been your 'friend' since you were little. And he's always been better than you in every way. What can I say, my genes look good on him, and his mom is a total babe.

Speaking of which, I have a task for you. I need you to go to the Pokemart and pick up an ordinary brown package full of things that are way, way too boring for kids. Can you do that for me, sport? It's just up the hill, in Viridian City. The shopkeeper knows me. He's cool.

Just go pick it up and be gone for at least an hour, okay kid? Maybe an hour and a half to be on the safe side. But before you go, you'd better take one of these monsters I have just lying around. The road to the city is really fricking dangerous. There are these birds that are almost half a meter tall, and they can totally rip your eyes out with their claws. And don't even get me started about the man-eating rats. Hoo-boy! Anyway, pick one."

-Bulbasaur
    -
    Charmander
    -Squirtle

Professor Oak:

"You have chosen... Bulbasaur...?

I don't know how good it will be against those giant birds I just told you about, or those rats that might chew it to death. I mean, there's even giant bugs after that which... nevermind. Doesn't matter. You did see there was a lizard with big fangs and claws that can set things on fire, though, right? What's that thing do, blossom into a pretty flower? I mean, the turtle at least has a shell.

But whatever, I'm sure you know what you're doing. It's fine. It's cool. Don't worry about it. Okay, good luck!"

- You turn to leave. Gary grabs the Charmander with a smirk and calls you out.

Gary Oak:

"Hey, dumbass! Before you run off like a little chicken, why don't you challenge me to a pokemon battle? I'm going to wreck your shit!"

A pokemon battle begins...
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 05-20-2017 at 17:44.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

*Scratch!*
    Critical hit!

*Scratch!*
    Critical hit!

*Scratch!*
    Critical hit!

*Scratch!*
    Critical hit!

*Scratch!*
    Critical hit!

Bulbasaur FAINTED!!!

You blacked out.

Also, Gary took all your money.

Professor Oak:

"OH MY GOD! I've never seen so much blood!

I didn't even know plants HAD blood!

...Are you okay kid?"

Gary Oak:

"HA HA HA HA HA! That was the easiest battle of my life!

Of course it was, because I'm Gary Goddamn Oak!

...Smell you later, bitches! I'm off to become the World Champion!"

Professor Oak:

"Jimminy Jesus. You're in bad shape. I'd better get you patched up.

As for your Pokemon, this poor thing needs surgery or something. Here, you'd better take this turtle instead.

...Wow, kid, you kinda suck, huh?"

You got a Squirtle, and left Bulbasaur with the Professor.

Better take care of this one...

Professor Oak:

"Okay. Now, go get my package and bring it back here.

Also, take these pokeballs, at the rate you're going through Pokemon, you'll need some spares.

I think I'll say hi to your Mom while you're gone. Take your time and catch a bunch of pokemon.

Hope you make it back in one piece, whatever your name is."

Begin Route One.

Day One starts now, and ends 11:59:59 PM (Norway time) Monday 22nd of May.

That's 6pm Eastern time (USA) on that day.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

You may post.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I think I'll say hi to your Mom while you're gone.
    I already have a baby brother though

Hello, everybody. I'm novice, a townie, and I hail from the Realms Beyond forums, where I have about 40 games under my belt. I'm the inquisitive detective kind of player.

There are some unfamiliar faces here, so if people can reciprocate with two words about their background, experience, style and alignment that would be great.

Two words on each of those topics, or just two words to sum it all up?

Good knowing speed = certain crit is still here. Original Gen mechanics? Total Crap.

Squirtle? The hell? Can we pretend we have better pokemon?

So guys? What's up?

Vote:Sooh

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    Two words on each of those topics, or just two words to sum it all up?
    Two words minimum. "Rookie scum" would be a sufficient answer, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Raith Kemmler View Post
    Good knowing speed = certain crit is still here. Original Gen mechanics? Total Crap.
    Is that Pokemon jargon or the clumsiest breadcrumb ever?

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

So guys? What's up?

That kind of lying sounds like scum to me!
    Vote: Raith Kemmler
    Aliases Yakostovian

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Hello, everybody. I'm novice, a townie, and I hail from the Realms Beyond forums, where I have about 40 games under my belt. I'm the inquisitive detective kind of player.

There are some unfamiliar faces here, so if people can reciprocate with two words about their background, experience, style and alignment that would be great.
    "eh" "fine"

Seems pointless but will humor.

Experience? Low-ish. Lot lower compared to my peers. But got some good tips from some vets. Which I forget.

Background? Not sure how to two word this. Played on two other places, one's dead. Giraffe is still here.

Style? Have fun.

Alignment? Pointless question.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Old fart.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Old fart.
    Can confirm.

Oh god, it's two-word mafia.

Is that Pokemon jargon or the clumsiest breadcrumb ever?
    Jargon on Charmander mauling the sprout. Speed glitch defined meta back in the day. Persian was top cat and could slash crit with a 99% confidence thanks to it. Having a nostalgia trip. No breadcrumb here. Not a big fan of it honestly.

So guys? What's up?

Oy! I was excited about squirtle. He was my first choice. You heathen!
    Two words minimum. "Rookie scum" would be a sufficient answer, for example.
    Hm, how about "Mid tier"?

Plus we've played together before, I'm pretty sure.

Let me remind you. You started it!

Novice is good about starting trouble :P Glad to see you here man, and happy to be playing another round (Hopefully I don't get lynched day 1. Again.).

Default Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [In Play]

Also: Volume will be a bit low for at least a few days. Finishing moving out of my old place and cleaning it up before the final inspection. Just a heads up.

Aha. Fascinating how that background info suddenly makes your original statement parseable. :)

I like to breadcrumb. Mainly because I love cryptics, word puzzles and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbz View Post
    Also: Volume will be a bit low for at least a few days. Finishing moving out of my old place and cleaning it up before the final inspection. Just a heads up.
    Moving. How fun.

Good to see you though.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Old fart.
    Seconded. Or thirded rather.

Y2K survivor.
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Yeah, we've played before, Sooh. Do you think you can read me?

Hi Jabbz! I know I can't read you. Or maybe I can since you can't vote for my brother in this game...

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Aha. Fascinating how that background info suddenly makes your original statement parseable. :)

I like to breadcrumb. Mainly because I love cryptics, word puzzles and the like.
    Breadcrumbing is bad, because I am awful at it.

Did anyone else ever name their Poke-rival after a real world person they couldn't stand? My poke-rival was always named "Seth." I was in high-school by the time I started playing pokemon (4 years after its debut.)
    Aliases Yakostovian

Your fault.

Actual style answer-

Offense > defense.

Townies who protect themselves to survive aren't worthless. They're worse. They deadweight. Find wolves. Win game. Second goal? Look townie to narrow suspects. Survival is dumb. Town is a herd. Swarm and trample wolves. You die doing it? Acceptable loss. Wolves can win with you surviving. Don't be dumb, focus on actual goal. Not what makes you feel better.

Breadcrumbing occasionally okay, but dangerous cause wolves got more intel. Better nose for finding it. Good idea for Cops though. Activity good. Posts with real content good. Don't take game too seriously. Be competitive but relax.

Analyse thoughts again as game goes. Don't stick with old thoughts. Keep reassessing. Bias is a trap. Be willing to be wrong. Then try again. Get closer to truth. Basic science.

Oy! I was excited about squirtle. He was my first choice. You heathen!

Hm, how about "Mid tier"?

Plus we've played together before, I'm pretty sure.
    If you can explain the wing nonsense on Wartortle we can be friends again.

Mid? Seems humble for someone who fought in champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Breadcrumbing is bad, because I am awful at it.

Did anyone else ever name their Poke-rival after a real world person they couldn't stand? My poke-rival was always named "Seth." I was in high-school by the time I started playing pokemon (4 years after its debut.)
    Named 'Blue' Spatula in my first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Y2K survivor.
    Never Forget.

#Y2KNeverforget
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast