Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Why must you lie
    manasi
    so i dont get replaced
    Who are you calling a liar? Are you saying Manasi lied about being poisoned?

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    The "do what your gut would not believe" line from Futuramafia does not IMO point to Khaan's guilt in this game, certainly not on its face.
    No, but this one does, right?

On the other other hand, this post is like his first Futuramafia posts in that he's complaining about certain tactical decisions for the early game:

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    I'm not sure that's a better question, showing an honest process is important, too. And results matter more than both. Anyway, I think the first part of his reason is invalid, the second part is fair enough.
    Well, you may be right about that, but I don't think you're going to be able to get that from auto early game. That's pretty typical of his play from past experience iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    He (Champ) can play like this. Easy mislynch when I'm scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    This is how auto plays, I don't think there's enough to get a good read on him. It's hard to say conclusively with so little information, I have him as null for now.

No, but this one does, right?
    Not if you're GH, it seems.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Despite GH stating he was going to be gone for a long weekend, and will be unable to defend himself, I think he is the best lynch today, barring further evidence.

Vote: GeneralHankerchief
    Or rather: Because of GH stating he was going to be gone for a long weekend, and unable to defend himself, he is the best lynch today, barring further evidence.

To clarify, he deliberately created chaos on a day where he wouldn't be around to defend.

Or rather: Because of GH stating he was going to be gone for a long weekend, and unable to defend himself, he is the best lynch today, barring further evidence.

To clarify, he deliberately created chaos on a day where he wouldn't be around to defend.

I don't see how this logic progresses to your vote.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yo

Still a townie

Monty intentionally ignoring the numerous posts I made d2 about the khaan thing because he's too committed against me now.

Auto not to be rude but in champs you need to gave the game more effort than you've been giving this one. From a selfish standpoint I'd also appreciate analysis on your part that goes deeper than surface level.

Zack has looked good but he can make these posts as mafia

Novice is probably town

Stop talking exclusively about me, today has been the easiest round ever for mafia so far.

See you all later
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Novice take your vote off me.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Monty intentionally ignoring the numerous posts I made d2 about the khaan thing because he's too committed against me now.
    Novice wanted to know my thinking D1, so I've been speaking about that today. I replied to your D2 posts on D2 saying I wasn't satisfied.

I mostly agree with the other stuff you said now.
    Vitiate Man.

I don't see how this logic progresses to your vote.
    Atm I just want to policy lynch all some of you. I really don't feel like handing out WIFOM points, and switching last minute to lynch Raith when you're not around the next day is just bad for town. Could make sense as scum team sacrificing a GH who is unable to play to save Choxorn, while also gambling that GH will be saved by "scum wouldn't do that" ideas.

...except....unless...reasoning we're not allowed to discuss.

Bah. I'm just steaming. Or trapping.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Novice take your vote off me.
    And put it where?

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

El Barto, did you heal Manasi? What's going on?
    Once again, I must repeat my earlier statements that I have no abilities remaining, my good sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabbz View Post
    Hey folks, sorry for ghosting last game day, Kids graduations and like stuff kept me beyond busy. I've caught up but want to reread some things before I make any serious observations. In order to protect my ass from being booted Vote: Zack for old times sake.
    This is highly irregular.

vote: Jabbz
    I agree, and it bugs me that there are several players for which this is true. Scum can just direct us onto the one who's town.
    What do you think of Autolycus?
    Read his posts back from Day One, in which he professed that he shouldn't be lynched for a few days because he would eventually prove himself to be a quite competent late-game player, and my reaction to that.
    Atm I just want to policy lynch all some of you. I really don't feel like handing out WIFOM points, and switching last minute to lynch Raith when you're not around the next day is just bad for town. Could make sense as scum team sacrificing a GH who is unable to play to save Choxorn, while also gambling that GH will be saved by "scum wouldn't do that" ideas.

...except....unless...reasoning we're not allowed to discuss.

Bah. I'm just steaming. Or trapping.
    I must inquire of you, what this reasoning would be, and whom would you think it would be good policy to lynch. I'd like a clear, succint explanation of the former and a list of the latter, please.
    And put it where?
    I am afraid that GeneralHankerchief might perform a Red Foreman tribute-cum-impersonation at this point.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

The reasoning that we're not allowed to discuss? I can't discuss that.

Policy lynch candidates:
    Champ
    Autolycus
    Jabbz
    BSmith

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Me, I'm a lurker, especially in the early game, but come out with analysis in the late game that gets stronger over time. Basically, I'm a geodude spamming rollout.

vote:Montmorency
    Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    What a convenient claim to the effect that ‘don't lynch me for a few days’.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Read his posts back from Day One, in which he professed that he shouldn't be lynched for a few days because he would eventually prove himself to be a quite competent late-game player, and my reaction to that.
    Yes, and?

The reasoning that we're not allowed to discuss? I can't discuss that.

Policy lynch candidates:
    Champ
    Autolycus
    Jabbz
    BSmith
    What couldn't we discuss? I must be missing something.

Of your candidates, Jabbz is most lynchable.
    Vitiate Man.

What couldn't we discuss? I must be missing something.

Of your candidates, Jabbz is most lynchable.
    I just ISOed him actually and I would prefer the other three. Also he doesn't really qualify as a pure policy lynch.

Is it just on MU that discussing substitutions is a no-no?

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Policy lynch candidates:
    Champ
    Autolycus
    Jabbz
    BSmith
    Because…?
    Yes, and?
    Well, what is your opinion? I myself am not convinced of it.

And where is Autolycus anyway?
    I just ISOed him actually and I would prefer the other three. Also he doesn't really qualify as a pure policy lynch.
    Would you mind providing explanations for both of those sentences, sir?
    Quote Originally Posted by novice
    Is it just on MU that discussing substitutions is a no-no?
    Here we might be laxer, but you should tread carefully. Few people have ever asked for a replacement in order to game the system and it is considered to be a quite poor show if you actually do it or baselessly accuse another player of that behaviour.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Not Jabbz because from ISOing I got the impression that he did his best to find decent lynches given his time constraints. Not qualifying for policy lynch because he's left a trail. The other three qualify because they haven't posted enough or left enough interactions that we will have any chance of reading anything from their first few days. If that continues we will be left guessing blindly between them on LyLo.

I do agree that Auto's claim is convenient for him, and by the time his good endgame analysis is due, it will be too late to lynch him if it doesn't materialize.

I shall perform an ‘ISO’ on Jabbz on the morrow, but his poor show today merits keeping my vote on him for now. Duty calls.

Yo
    Auto not to be rude but in champs you need to gave the game more effort than you've been giving this one. From a selfish standpoint I'd also appreciate analysis on your part that goes deeper than surface level.
    No offense taken :) In Champs I'll be mandated to put more activity in, by an order of magnitude, and I'm well aware that that's just the floor over there. Accordingly, I'm trying to get ahead on my RL commitments before Champs eats me alive. Also, if I put in that level of effort here, I'd get lynched instantly, because that's highly irregular for me, given my history :P. Alright, time to do another pass through the thread and see what I find.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Blog Entries

Monty you are tunneling the crap out of me and it needs to stop.

I go after someone who DID NOT FLIP TOWN:
    Oh man it's scum trying to swing a lynch

I make light of this on d2:
    Lol nope not satisfied, not going into specifics

The fact that you're going after me based on a last second vote yesterday l, presumably I guess to save chox/zack, even though they haven't flipped yet and multiple people call you out on this:
    Well GH still needs to die anyway

---

The fact that there has been NO OTHER DISCUSSION AT ALL this round and NO OTHER TARGETS should tell you all something.

This is an absolutely horrible mislynch where people are taking advantage of my absence.

Get. Off. Me.

Blog Entries

Jabbz thanked this post so he's clearly reading the thread but hasn't posted anything in 18 hours.

He's fine with me going down and wants an easy day.

He doesn't want to solve.

Vote: Jabbz

God formatting sucks on mobile.

The fact that you're going after me based on a last second vote yesterday l, presumably I guess to save chox/zack, even though they haven't flipped yet and multiple people call you out on this:
    Whoa, none of that happened. I haven't gone after you for that - others have. Only Zack could be said to have called me out today for pushing you.

I'm digging for the paydirt. If someone looks more evil than you, I will vote them.

What is that even supposed to mean?
    I missed this. It means you must solve.
    Vitiate Man.

Alright, one sentence hot-takes:

autolycus-Placing myself here for completeness

Nulls:
    Zack-Just entered the game. I got a confusing vibe off choxorn, which I'm going to put down to RL.
    Bsmith-I appreciate his signal to noise comment, and agree with his sentiments on Champ, but that could just be lurker bashing.
    Manasi-The poisoned one. That tends town, but his tone feels somewhat off to me, so I'll keep him neutral for now.
    Novice: Our biggest poster, but with opinions to match. I haven't played with him before so I don't know what to make of this earnestness.
    csargo: In line with previous performances.

Lean Town:
    Logic- Consistent activity, taking positions, feels town to me.
    GH- More emotional than usual, that cuts toward town GH to me, but he's probably the least town-feeling of my town leans at the moment.
    El Barto- If I followed that correctly, he's claimed poisoning Manasi. He has the guts to claim as scum, but the badgering Manasi about timing feels town to me.
    SeveringViper:Very aggressive and abrasive tone, combined with some decent analysis, I don't see that coming from scum.

Lean Scum:
    Montmorency- This is less about his behavior as the fact that for two days running, he's been a major lynch contender and then the lynch doesn't land on him (D1) or drifts away from him for unclear reasons (D2).

Lurker-null:
    Jabbz- Similar post profile to Jabbz, but the role pm analysis attempt feels like trying, plus he's said he's busy, so I'll leave him null for now.

Lurker-scum:
    Champ- >25 posts, and he's said less of meaning than me.

Hmm, no one's really standing out but Champ, and he has enough votes for now. I know I'm at risk of tunnel vision on Monty if I'm not careful, so I'll vote: Bsmith for now. Be back on tomorrow morning.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

What?

Doing my best but I overestimated the amount of time I had free, especially with this being memorial day weekend. Spent the morning with a VFW group putting flags on vet graves. Good times I know.

All I can say at the moment is that I find the voting on GHC to be odd, people make mistakes and day 1 is almost guaranteed for those. His defense does ruffle my senses a bit, he seems to be trying far to hard to be dismissive rather than actually defend himself, but then again his current travel situation could definitely justify that. I do however find his making my absence somehow a personal focus on him, rather that me just being busy. That really makes me feel like he's going after low hanging fruit.

I still stand by thinking that Logic is town for my aforementioned reasons.

I'm liking Severing more now than I did before, mostly because I thought he was Zack in hiding, now that is clearly not the case I find my reads to be substantially different likely because they were tinged by how they sounded compared to what I expected.

Zack is null, and I didn't view choxorn's case as overly substantial. My vote on Zack was purely a joke, anyone who knows about our past interaction wouldn't view that oddly I don't think.

Most of the rest I quite frankly haven't put enough time into. I would honestly be down to lynch GHC, but I feel that it is too possible the only reason he is coming across wrong is because he simply doesn't have the time to devote, so I'd be more inclined to want to see him be on the list tomorrow when he can defend himself.

I feel somewhat hypocritical supporting lynching a lurker, but in my defense I am contributing more than a few of the others, and I think that's the direction I'd head, supporting a group consensus on the matter as long as said consensus isn't myself.

Oh and in case it was missed earlier, I am town and currently have no abilities, nor did I start with any or take any actions at night to this point, so losing me with my time constraints isn't exactly a huge loss to town.

Vote: Champ

Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast