Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [Concluded]

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    You have one here, about the art of diplomacy and war. It is a good one, even if I do say so myself.

You uncultured barbarian. How dare you make posts in such an inconsequential, superficial style?
    This isn't what I was looking for Barto, not at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post

Shocked you got RB'd though, I thought you were a villager all day yesterday and still think that today. I really don't wanna call SV a wolf though.
    Not my claim. Role, not target.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    I don't want to waste time arguing how something was scummy from someone who's already flipped, but in this case khaan was clearly going along with the Pokemon theme whereas when he does character schticks (which is what I was referencing) they're usually unrelated to the flavor, such as doing a Bob Ross for French Revolution.
    seireikhaan did complain, as I recall, about people lynching him when he performed his schtick.
    Hi. I'm very tired. I've only slightly skimmed what's happened since the day has started. How are you? Have you had a good day? What'd you have for dinner?
    I am sitting, I have had a most satisfactory dinner of meat, potatoes and sweet potatoes (not to be confused with yams) and am now contentedly digesting it. It has been a moderately good day. Now, where were you last night?
    Quote Originally Posted by Manasi
    Meh. Nothing has really changed.

Surprised khaan was enough of a factor to anyone but I could have just inherently been skimming over their posts. Good survivor lynch I guess rip 3P.

Shocked you got RB'd though, I thought you were a villager all day yesterday and still think that today. I really don't wanna call SV a wolf though.

But I'm ecstatic to call Monty one.

My reads haven't really changed much. I've only really skimmed though so idk.
    So what would these reads be? Please refresh my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    This isn't what I was looking for Barto, not at all.
    I do apologise. What, then were you, my good friend whom I would have voted for yesterday had Snerk not asked the public to vote for GeneralHankerchief, asking for?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

seireikhaan did complain, as I recall, about people lynching him when he performed his schtick.

I am sitting, I have had a most satisfactory dinner of meat, potatoes and sweet potatoes (not to be confused with yams) and am now contentedly digesting it. It has been a moderately good day. Now, where were you last night?

So what would these reads be? Please refresh my mind.

I do apologise. What, then were you, my good friend whom I would have voted for yesterday had Snerk not asked the public to vote for GeneralHankerchief, asking for?
    Don't worry you can vote for me today, it still kinda works, I'm just not your first choice. Which is really messed up though tbh. Tell me a story about this game, in this moment, right now.

Also, did Sooh ever say why she called me defensive or whatever it was?

Hi. I'm very tired. I've only slightly skimmed what's happened since the day has started. How are you? Have you had a good day? What'd you have for dinner?

Meh. Nothing has really changed.

Surprised khaan was enough of a factor to anyone but I could have just inherently been skimming over their posts. Good survivor lynch I guess rip 3P.

But I'm ecstatic to call Monty one.

My reads haven't really changed much. I've only really skimmed though so idk.
    Why don't you like Monty?

May I ask what were the reasons for voting in favour of the lynching of Monsieur Montmorency yesterday?
    Mine yesterday was a random vote for a player I'd played with before. Today it's about the idea that GH being blocked last night is evidence of guilt on his part and because both the choxorn and khaan wagon feel like they could have been scum trying to save Monty.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

Third Party Neutral Survivor? If only he’d claimed right away we could have avoided this whole mess.

May I ask what were the reasons for voting in favour of the lynching of Monsieur Montmorency yesterday?
    RANDBETWEEN(1,17) told me to?

Quote Originally Posted by SeveringViper View Post
    Nopeeeeeeee.

a. This reason makes no sense and I think anyone who seriously considered it should be ashamed (unless they're scum)
    b. I'm counterclaiming.

Vote: Montmorency

And how does that make it evidence against GH?
    vote: Monty because of the above this time. Extremely open to changing this though.

As for me, RL is even busier than normal and work (where I normally post from) is no exception these days. Don’t expect a lot from me. Policy lynch me if you must – I won’t fight it (much), but know that I am not lurker scum this game. I’ll do my best to keep up but I’ll likely be on the lower end of my activity spectrum this game. I won't directly claim, but will say it rhymes with Manila.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

So... what are you claiming, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Choxorn View Post
    So... what are you claiming, exactly?
    Might as well.

Mont claimed 1x RB. I am 1x RB.

Might as well.

And the nature of his specific claim of 1x makes me suspect I might have been rolechecked, further making me willing to claim.
    Of course, there's the possibility of two 1x RBs, but I have to doubt that as odd, and the GH vote is still bad.

If you're saying my vote was an OMGUS vote, I didn't actually realize Khaan switched to me before I made my post voting him. That's why I posted a reaction to his switch after voting for him.

I voted for khaan, despite having a null read on him, because I didn't see Monty's lynch as great either and I thought khaan's lynch might give some information about the players who were either defending him or scumreading him, which there were quite a lot of.
    I don't understand this post at all. What put khaan as the higher priority? What sort of policy are you working under? This makes very little sense to me.

I don't understand this post at all. What put khaan as the higher priority? What sort of policy are you working under? This makes very little sense to me.
    Good point...

I voted for khaan, despite having a null read on him, because I didn't see Monty's lynch as great either and I thought khaan's lynch might give some information about the players who were either defending him or scumreading him, which there were quite a lot of.
    But:
    [Logic's] case on Monty seems solid, although it tends to be hard to read Monty well, especially this early.

Monty- slight scum lean, but again it's hard to really read him well.
    GH's case on Khaan was weak, and his case on Novice wasn't great either- in both cases he seemed like he was reaching to try to throw shade and some people acting a little bit unusual, but not really all that scummy.
    So you didn't like Monty, who you said had a good case against him and you had a scum lean on, being lynched over khaan, who you had as neutral with the case on him being bad? And what info did you get besides GH being suspicious, hm?

To me some of your (Csargo) posts read almost like a defense of me, and that's strange.
    I found it!

I'd say you're perceiving my actions incorrectly then. I didn't think SV's reaction to your post was warranted, so I questioned him about it. My goal was to understand his thinking, your post was just the example I used for my argument.

That being said, I have you as leaning town atm, for various reasons.

I found it!

I'd say you're perceiving my actions incorrectly then. I didn't think SV's reaction to your post was warranted, so I questioned him about it. My goal was to understand his thinking, your post was just the example I used for my argument.

That being said, I have you as leaning town atm, for various reasons.
    argument/questioning would be more accurate.

Vote:Choxorn

Choxorn looks pretty bad to me at this point. His posts/vote don't lineup at all.

Why are people voting Monty for being Monty?

I didn't think SV's reaction to your post was warranted, so I questioned him about it. My goal was to understand his thinking, your post was just the example I used for my argument.
    Please clarify, were you questioning my reaction to that post specifically, or my policy of being that against people answering for others with that post just being your chosen example?
    Or in other words, did you think specifically my reaction to Sooh's post was unwarranted, or would you have been just as willing to bring up my response to Cuth?

Vote:Choxorn

Choxorn looks pretty bad to me at this point. His posts/vote don't lineup at all.

Why are people voting Monty for being Monty?
    The vote on GH and claim?

Consider that Choxorn looks to be half-suspecting Monty while justifying his voting elsewhere, and easily following his vote today?

Please clarify, were you questioning my reaction to that post specifically, or my policy of being that against people answering for others with that post just being your chosen example?
    Or in other words, did you think specifically my reaction to Sooh's post was unwarranted, or would you have been just as willing to bring up my response to Cuth?
    I could have used your reaction to Logic, which I believe Cuth pointed out. Your reactions in general is what I wanted clarity about going forward. Does that answer your question?

I could have used your reaction to Logic, which I believe Cuth pointed out. Your reactions in general is what I wanted clarity about going forward. Does that answer your question?
    ...No, because I never said anything to Logic about answering for others?

The vote on GH and claim?

Consider that Choxorn looks to be half-suspecting Monty while justifying his voting elsewhere, and easily following his vote today?
    Yeah, I don't think this is terribly ooc for Monty.

His whole argument about choosing between khaan/Monty just doesn't fit to me. I have no idea why his vote landed on khaan at all tbh.

...No, because I never said anything to Logic about answering for others?
    My point being that you react more strongly than I would expect to minor things i.e. Sooh's undercutting your question, Logic's minor inconsistency about who he's played with. They're not exactly the same content wise, but I never cared about the content.

Yeah, I don't think this is terribly ooc for Monty.

His whole argument about choosing between khaan/Monty just doesn't fit to me. I have no idea why his vote landed on khaan at all tbh.
    It's not terribly ooc for him to make a vote right out of the gate d2 with terrible reasoning?

Aside, perhaps, for his being scum trying to suspect but not lynch his partner?

My point being that you react more strongly than I would expect to minor things i.e. Sooh's undercutting your question, Logic's minor inconsistency about who he's played with. They're not exactly the same content wise, but I never cared about the content.
    I see.

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Someone before me pointed out how weird the Monty wagon was, that it had two randomvoting lurkers on it, and like I said, I thought it was weird how many people were talking about khaan with how little he'd actually said. My lean on Monty really wasn't all that strong, there wasn't actually that much separating Monty and khaan in my views of scumminess at the time.

At the time I made that vote I saw a 4-4 tie between Monty and khaan and ended up deciding khaan. Maybe it was a wrong choice and maybe the train of logic that led me to make that choice wasn't great, but it's what I ended up going with.

But whatever, I'm probably just wrong about a bunch of things, my reads have been shit recently.

It's not terribly ooc for him to make a vote right out of the gate d2 with terrible reasoning?

Aside, perhaps, for his being scum trying to suspect but not lynch his partner?

I see.
    Is it a terrible vote though? I'll give you the roleblocking part was terrible, because it effectively proves nothing. I don't see any reason why GH doesn't deserve some pressure.

Possible.

My lean on Monty really wasn't all that strong, there wasn't actually that much separating Monty and khaan in my views of scumminess at the time.
    So "scum lean with a good case on him" and "null with a bad case on him" are not that far apart in terms of reads for you?

Is it a terrible vote though? I'll give you the roleblocking part was terrible, because it effectively proves nothing. I don't see any reason why GH doesn't deserve some pressure.

Possible.
    When someone ties their vote to a reason, I'd assume they're voting for that reason. Especially since Monty didn't vote GH before.

Indeed.

Also..
    I thought it was weird how many people were talking about khaan with how little he'd actually said.
    As I recall, there were three people who actually talked about khaan, GH in making his case, and me and Champ in responding to it.
    In a game of 17, that's not a lot, is it?

SV, imagine for a second that there are more than one blocker this game.

SV, imagine for a second that there are more than one blocker this game.

Might as well.

Me too.

Let's fite.

There are more people with that role.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Jabbz:

Aside from the super hedgy tone, which I hate, why did you not mention/factor Monty into your analysis at all? He was always the other main wagon D1, and yet you presented it as a binary case between khaan and Choxorn. What's with that?

Monty, can you point me to where you were talking about khaan and how this implicates me? And yes, a lot of us (myself most certainly included) had incorrect scumreads on Chox and were pretty dead-set on him being mafia in his champs game.

Choxorn:

You know khaan didn't flip town either, right?
    Because I had about 10 minutes to read and 2 minutes to post. Like I said, I had no time. You knew this in advance. Am I going to be your next bad cause you champion?

Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast