Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [Concluded]

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    That is a good question. I hadn't considered that before you mentioned it.
    My vote earlier vote from the prior day now looks weird, or my current vote looks weird?
    "just now" - your current vote in 558.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Wait What? Is your entire read based on Khaan? I thought you had some clever insight, I wasn't seeing...
    Well, I'm pleased that you think so. Hopefully it can come to apply to the Khaan canard.

I am not used to name calling in games of Mafia/Werewolf, so the "Coward" comment caught me off guard. However, my caps "VOTE" was not intended to be anything of note. I'm not sure how or why I wrote that out in all caps.
    It's not like I'm calling you scumbag.

OOC, I'll cut the drama.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    "just now" - your current vote in 558.
    I read your post at #560 with a pause. That explains my confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Well, I'm pleased that you think so. Hopefully it can come to apply to the Khaan canard.

It's not like I'm calling you scumbag.

OOC, I'll cut the drama.
    At the very least, one could attribute being called a scumbag part of the game. Possibly one of the least polite ways to accuse someone of being on Team Wolf, but it seems to be a valid option.

At the very least, I'm glad we seem to have come to an understanding. I'm not searching for an apology, as I don't think you did anything to warrant one. But I am glad you are aware that there is potential for drama.

But I will apologize (the better you know me, the more you will see me do that) for my part in the drama unfolding. I thought I kept a calm and level head when responding to Monty. It now appears that I was more aggressive than even I realized.

Though, the vote is staying for now.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Instinct says the first claim is the fishiest, scum eager to get their safe claim in. Second claim is least fishy because it risks a thunderdome.
    Ok, I guess I just want a Raith/Chox lynch first and to me I feel like both claims that weren't my own were town claims at the moment.

Million Dollar Baby Member Champ's Avatar

I forgot this existed

Did Manasi actually post in the thread D2 before she claimed she was poisoned?

(too tired to go searching)

Jabbz, my case on khaan wasn't bad, stop shading me for it. He was a third-party role and his behavior was probably subtle altered because of it.
    That seems like a rather strong response to a slight poke there GHC. If you want to go into it anyway, from a scum perspective killing a survivor is still good, and I still don't feel he was a good lynch. Admittedly that was based on limited readings, so I'm not trying to take town cred for it, but it still makes you look less than stellar.

ATPG is going to slap you no matter what you do, cannot escape.
    I stand by my statement about logic. I find it unlikely that scum would make the connection I did to his post or would have come up with his post in the first place. Combined with a lack of negative feels from him so far this game, I feel safe putting him 98% town.

Okay, let's see where we're at.

-----------------

Still feel like Monty's town, though he's obviously misguided in this case and his case on me is pretty bad. That said, I think, just by feel, of the people who have been hounding him on variants of the progression of "I blocked GH > there was still a kill at night > GH is scum" we have one scum in there trying to score easy points by pointing out a fairly obvious fallacy in thinking. On reread this is... Barto (sort of), autolycus, Viper, and BSmith. Let's rule Viper out, he appears to be genuine. Barto's was super early and didn't really point at Monty, just noted the error in Monty's reasoning. This leaves auto and BSmith.

Csargo also gets a townread for a mindmeld with me on this being not too terribly out of character for Monty.

-------

Jabbz, my case on khaan wasn't bad, stop shading me for it. He was a third-party role and his behavior was probably subtle altered because of it.

------

Manasi, why didn't you claim being poisoned at the start of the phase?

-------

Logic's Monty vote just now looks weird.

-------

Vote: autolycus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    Did Manasi actually post in the thread D2 before she claimed she was poisoned?

(too tired to go searching)
    Yeah I uh.

Fuck this is angly.

I'll just say that in the French Revolution game I was invited to a separate quicktopic where I received the invitation via PM on this site and didn't see it until a full 24 hours later.

I need to enable email notifications or something zzz.

Plz donut be disappointed mom and dad plz.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Yeah I uh.

Fuck this is angly.

I'll just say that in the French Revolution game I was invited to a separate quicktopic where I received the invitation via PM on this site and didn't see it until a full 24 hours later.

I need to enable email notifications or something zzz.

Plz donut be disappointed mom and dad plz.
    So you're saying you didn't see it? Lolwut?

Plz donut talk about donuts, I'm hungry...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Don't worry you can vote for me today, it still kinda works, I'm just not your first choice. Which is really messed up though tbh. Tell me a story about this game, in this moment, right now.

Also, did Sooh ever say why she called me defensive or whatever it was?
    I'll tell you the story that I poisoned Manasi last night with a one-off ability. Now I am, for all intents and purposes, what the gaming populace knows as a ‘vanilla townie’. I find it extremely odd that Manasi did not immediately request for help.
    Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Mine yesterday was a random vote for a player I'd played with before. Today it's about the idea that GH being blocked last night is evidence of guilt on his part and because both the choxorn and khaan wagon feel like they could have been scum trying to save Monty.
    Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    RANDBETWEEN(1,17) told me to?
    What a strange coincidence.
    I'd rather not repeat myself, but may I direct you to my case here?
    Oh yes, you may. I find it acceptable for now, especially as a Day One case. I bow to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I forgot this existed

You leave me with no option but to Vote: Champ.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbz View Post
    If you want to go into it anyway, from a scum perspective killing a survivor is still good, and I still don't feel he was a good lynch.
    As scum I’d much rather eliminate someone that goes against my victory condition. I’d chose to leave alone someone who I didn’t need to kill to win.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    What a strange coincidence.
    I can only speak for my end of the deal, but I hadn’t even read the thread yet when I made that post. It was truly random using a list of the players in excel and using that formula to get to the row number of the player to vote for. Monty was the lucky winner.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

I can only speak for my end of the deal, but I hadn’t even read the thread yet when I made that post. It was truly random using a list of the players in excel and using that formula to get to the row number of the player to vote for. Monty was the lucky winner.
    We'll put it down to improbable coincidences, shan't we?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

So you're saying you didn't see it? Lolwut?

Plz donut talk about donuts, I'm hungry...
    Yeah I'm not the most alert.

:/

THANKS BARTO

You are most welcome.

You are most welcome.
    Can you uh

Can you fix it plz

If I had such a capability I would consider it. However, as I have already stated, I have no abilities remaining.

Why did you poison Manasi, El Barto?

Really? You were voting blind in earnest? Didn't you fear that would do more harm than good? Or would you have rerolled some results, so it wasn't really random? Why bother with an excel sheet at all, wouldn't it be simpler to just pick a scummy-sounding post and vote that person?

If I had such a capability I would consider it. However, as I have already stated, I have no abilities remaining.
    Have you already changed your mind about Manasi needing to be poisoned?

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    To be clear, I'm not trying to lynch you because I blocked you. I blocked you because I want to lynch you. For what you said and did to Khaan.
    Why is GH in particular so scummy for lynching Khaan? What about me, for example? Were my reasons better?

Have you already changed your mind about Manasi needing to be poisoned?
    Well, (she?) needn't to be poisoned again, as one dose is supposed to do the trick.

We either have a helpful townie come forth and save Manasi, leaving us with three cleared players of the Innocent persuasion, including myself, or we rid ourselves of a player who cannot be bothered to notice the messages from our beloved Game Master (Manasi is misrepresenting her situation).

As for GH:
    Ok, so GH doesn't think Monty is a good lynch, and then calls everyone on it suspicious. Is he
    "clearing" wolf-buddy Monty? That's the vibe I get from this.

Meanwhile, Monty is pushing GH. Distancing from wolf-buddy vibe.
    Neither player is at the top of my lynch list, but this is an interesting pattern.

Choxorn still a good lynch IMO, and El Barto's got some 'splainin to do. Although I guess we should let Manasi flip town before lynching El Barto.

Well, (she?) needn't to be poisoned again, as one dose is supposed to do the trick.

We either have a helpful townie come forth and save Manasi, leaving us with three cleared players of the Innocent persuasion, including myself, or we rid ourselves of a player who cannot be bothered to notice the messages from our beloved Game Master (Manasi is misrepresenting her situation).
    How would that clear any of the players involved?

*reads the bolded*

Oh, ok. The poison only kills townies, or something?

*reads the bolded*

I'm not misrepresenting anything.

You can check french rev if you want.

I literally suck at looking at private messages.

*reads the bolded*

Besides that, why trust that whoever would claim to have cured her actually did that?

Why is GH in particular so scummy for lynching Khaan? What about me, for example? Were my reasons better?
    He made the case and the wagon. I don't remember what you did. Let's say it's all good.

Barto's claim is a dangerous one. Now Barto needs to be killed at night - but then, if he's town, that defeats the purpose. But if he doesn't die, well what if the Mafia had a higher-priority target?

And with Cuth, it might be easier to believe one character with 2 delayed day-vigs rather than two characters with one. We are Pokemon, after all, and with so much variety why should there be two poison-types exactly?

Don't count Barto out on this claim.
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by SeveringViper View Post
    Besides that, why trust that whoever would claim to have cured her actually did that?
    Manasi survives. Or are they all in on it and announcing it to the world early game?

What do you think of my evaluation of the consequences of Bart's claim?
    Vitiate Man.

As scum I’d much rather eliminate someone that goes against my victory condition. I’d chose to leave alone someone who I didn’t need to kill to win.
    For that to apply here you would have to know the individual was a survivor BEFORE you killed him, which I find unlikely.

Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast