Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Explosion" in Manchester

Default Re: "Explosion" in Manchester

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho View Post
    Have you ever been to the US and signed the form declaring that you aren't a terrorist and that you aren't intending to commit crimes? The vast majority are amused/insulted by having to sign, and I'm guessing the terrorists and criminals just sign.
    Every 2 or 3 years I have to change my bank salary card. And every time they take picture of me holding a card in front of me. Looks very much like those guys in the movies do when they are detained by the police. But I haven't done anything illegal to be treated like a criminal. So humiliation comes in many disguises and one doesn't have to come to the US to feel it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    They might have found another bomb at a College in Trafford.

Manchester bombing latest: Army bomb disposal team called to college in Trafford
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ombing-latest/

Bomb unit sent to Manchester college
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40043864
    Been updated:
    A possible suspicious package has been declared safe after army bomb disposal experts were called to a street in Hulme, near Manchester city centre.
    The scare followed Monday's bomb attack at Manchester Arena in which 22 people died and 64 were injured.
    Several roads were closed during the incident. Cordons have now been lifted.
    Meanwhile the threat level "will remain at critical and the public should remain vigilant", Prime Minister Theresa May has said.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Really bad joke

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

It looks like it's a network and not a lone wolf, which makes the leaks to the media even more irresponsible, even beyond mere insensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    It looks like it's a network and not a lone wolf, which makes the leaks to the media even more irresponsible, even beyond mere insensitivity.
    It are never lone wolves these aren't hghschool shootngs, those casting the net know that

Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    That is silly indeed it's useless. In case of the UK there's a top-down problem, police is afraid to do their job because of the policor-culture in the leadership. I don't know it is true but the police was supposedly warned at least 5 times, by the muslim community itself and they never did anything. We aren't ever going to get anywhere with people who are afraid to offend
    Against all better judgement, I answering a Fragony post

Police might, when pushed, blame all kinds of things for their crappy performance. In truth it's chasing meaningless targets, lack of support and funding and the fact they don't give a ***& about certain groups of people, that is to blame.
    The poor teenage girls in Rotherham for example that officers were documented as referring to as "slags" when they tried to report abuse by a gang. Of course the big story to racists and other assorted ****wits is that "Asians" are preying on "our girls". Not that police failed to protect vulnerable children.
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Of course the big story to racists and other assorted ****wits is that "Asians" are preying on "our girls". Not that police failed to protect vulnerable children
    Oh I'm glad that's cleared up then. Nothing to see here move along. Are you really that dense that you could bend light?
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar

Fred West and Jimmy Saville were from Pakistan were they? Or is it more true to say that as you are in a similar demographic, you have the same predilections?

Obviously I'm not saying you do. I'm saying that your correlations are poor.
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Against all better judgement, I answering a Fragony post

Police might, when pushed, blame all kinds of things for their crappy performance. In truth it's chasing meaningless targets, lack of support and funding and the fact they don't give a ***& about certain groups of people, that is to blame.
    The poor teenage girls in Rotherham for example that officers were documented as referring to as "slags" when they tried to report abuse by a gang. Of course the big story to racists and other assorted ****wits is that "Asians" are preying on "our girls". Not that police failed to protect vulnerable children.
    Poor judgement would be asssuming that I don't mean well

Fred West and Jimmy Saville were from Pakistan were they? Or is it more true to say that as you are in a similar demographic, you have the same predilections?

Obviously I'm not saying you do. I'm saying that your correlations are poor.
    Here we go more whataboutery from someone who should know better.

Which part of two wrongs don't make a right don't you understand?

Anyway lets stoke up flames a bit more...

There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Tommy Robinson? Aren't there more articulate voices against Islamism than a former BNP man?

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Is it normal practice in the US to publish evidence at this stage of the investigation?
    Officially no. We hew to the same standards as you lot, more or less. Unofficially, yep.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

What journalist wouldn't use leaked information, almost everything was already known in the blogosphere, so much faster. The infrmation wasn't even all that interesting for anyone

Tommy Robinson? Aren't there more articulate voices against Islamism than a former BNP man?
    A very brave man imo. The entire force of the state has been deployed to shut him up. I wonder why?

Then I gaze down at my sig.....

The man who bombed the concert was brave...
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    A very brave man imo. The entire force of the state has been deployed to shut him up. I wonder why?

Then I gaze down at my sig.....
    I wonder why the BNP is so loathed by much of the UK's population.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Suicide is not necessarily brave, nor is it, of course, necessarily a cowardice. On the other hand, he didn't try to breech a police barracks, did he?
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

FYI Bill Maher lost his job for saying almost exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    FYI Bill Maher lost his job for saying almost exactly that.
    When was that?
    Vitiate Man.

When was that?
    I was curious, too.

Sounds like a complete overreaction since it's a completely valid point of view and not even really offensive unless the entire country is in rabid nationalism mode.

The Tommy Robinson video is funny: "I was in jail with him"...

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Members thankful for this post (2):

His targets were little girls...

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
    His targets were little girls...
    The point being that virtue is not a function of bravery.
    Vitiate Man.

Neither is handpicking easy targets.

If I hung myself in a prison cell or shot up a school, am I brave? No bravery in it unless you're an experienced suicide bomber. Obviously this guy wasn't a happy camper so there's really no bravery in what he did since it made no difference to his brainwashed brain. He looks like he never cracked a smile in his life. Dead on arrival.

“A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once."
    Last edited by AE Bravo; 05-26-2017 at 00:15.

So what is bravery about? To evince bravery, would it need to have been a happy, successful man nevertheless held accountable to his convictions? A used-up old man who can't bring the fight in any other capacity, like the old-school Turkish communists? Or is it a private, ephemeral feeling? I don't think it's a useful or germane consideration.
    Vitiate Man.

So what is bravery about? To evince bravery, would it need to have been a happy, successful man nevertheless held accountable to his convictions? A used-up old man who can't bring the fight in any other capacity, like the old-school Turkish communists? Or is it a private, ephemeral feeling? I don't think it's a useful or germane consideration.
    Bravery has traditionally been associated with the warrior ethos. At what time in history has it been considered reasonable for a warrior to target victims such as these?

Member thankful for this post:

Bravery has traditionally been associated with the warrior ethos. At what time in history has it been considered reasonable for a warrior to target victims such as these?
    Most, actually. Not as an element of combat but simply as a normal state of affairs, except for those occasions on which commanders enforced a standing order toward non-molestation.

But that isn't about bravery.
    Vitiate Man.

Most, actually. Not as an element of combat but simply as a normal state of affairs, except for those occasions on which commanders enforced a standing order toward non-molestation.

But that isn't about bravery.
    Ancient civilisations tended to enslave children, not slaughter them. Even when slaughters occurred, such as in a sack, killing children wasn't regarded as brave. You certainly didn't have people sitting half a world away saying that such actions were brave. Brave involves facing off against other men. That's why cultures celebrate manhood and coming of age. It's another brave (note the word) to the collection.

At what time in history has it been considered reasonable for a warrior to target victims such as these?
    HITLER!
    No really, the whole thing with soldiers killing people behind the frontline and so on.

And then probably in the old testament, when God ordered the Israelites to wipe out their neighbors entirely and leave noone and nothing alive.
    I would assume there are other examples I can't think of right now. Like the Spartans killing their own children for being weak or countless examples of warriors raiding villages, during which they probably killed a lot of innocent women and children etc.

It probably didn't hurt their honor a lot if it was for a good cause/benefitted their side. And this guy probably believed he was doing it for the good cause, too.
    Last edited by Husar; 05-26-2017 at 02:31.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
    Neither is handpicking easy targets.

If I hung myself in a prison cell or shot up a school, am I brave? No bravery in it unless you're an experienced suicide bomber. Obviously this guy wasn't a happy camper so there's really no bravery in what he did since it made no difference to his brainwashed brain. He looks like he never cracked a smile in his life. Dead on arrival.

“A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once."
    Emphasis added.

I would think 'double silver' experience chevrons a bit hard to come by...

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    HITLER!
    No really, the whole thing with soldiers killing people behind the frontline and so on.

And then probably in the old testament, when God ordered the Israelites to wipe out their neighbors entirely and leave noone and nothing alive.
    I would assume there are other examples I can't think of right now. Like the Spartans killing their own children for being weak or countless examples of warriors raiding villages, during which they probably killed a lot of innocent women and children etc.

It probably didn't hurt their honor a lot if it was for a good cause/benefitted their side. And this guy probably believed he was doing it for the good cause, too.
    Raids with the purpose of killing women and children don't rate the term "civilisation". From agriculture onwards, having additional hands, especially non-threatening ones, helps whatever the equivalent is of the economy. Even nomadic cultures adopt captive children into their tribe. The only logical example might be a hunter gatherer tribe scratching out an existence in hard circumstances. Tell me, in which way does the UK resemble these?

If we go by your arguments and look for the most primitive cultures around that practice killing women and children, then the reciprocal answer would be to eliminate the threat to us in the same way. Not that you'd really condone that of course, except to snipe at us from a distance like you always do.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast