Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RimWorld

Default Re: RimWorld

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    So I just had a large assault where some of them walked through my trap area, and some blasted through the wall with grenades. Thankfully I was more than prepared and they were defeated quickly, but it showed me that enemies arent going to automatically use the trap area.
    those would be sappers - and yes they will beeline to your colony going through walls or mountains - they default back to normal AI once all the grenade armed raiders are dead so a mortar attack or a well place sniper is the best defence against them.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Still trying to figure out how to make mortars more accurate. Or at least load faster. Right now I have several sandbagged positions at likely entry points so once they start blasting through the walls I just line my colonists up and hit them once they get in range.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    I guess this game doesn't have an option to run for the cities or call the govt for help?
    I do wonder that if you can call passing trade ships for supplies, why not just call them to pick you up? A small plot hole, but Ill deal with it.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Small update: things are progressing smoothly, though we have been getting a couple of "poison ships" crashing into the map. The first group of enemies were scythers who landed outside the walls and were easily defeated. The second ship had some centipedes on it, that was much harder to fight off since they have miniguns and didnt have to go through my traps and turrets first. Every colonist got injured, two seriously, but they all survived somehow. I lost four dogs though. My cemetery has gotten quite large:

Edit: I lost Walrus to an alphabeaver attack. It was really sad. First colonist who has died not because I killed them on purpose.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 06-19-2017 at 02:22.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have you had acid rain yet? That was fun. It killed everything on the map, so it was covered in corpses.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Nope. What storyteller are you on? Im on Phoebe Chillax with "some challenge" level of difficulty. So nothing catastrophic like acid rain but I do get some tough enemies. Like centipedes. Hate those things.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Blog Entries

I cannot remember. I think it was whatever was the normal level.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

My colony is dead. I decided to increase the difficulty, and then a massive raid of tribal people occurred. They came through the side with no traps so it didn't have much defense. I immediately put my colonists into the "last stand" position next to the main house. We were quickly overrun, even with two machine guns and a minigun. There were just too many of them. Whoever wasn't killed was hauled away in chains. In the end there was just one person left, Arthur, who is a pacifist and wouldnt pick up a gun. He hid until the raiders left, and then tried to put out the numerous fires that were set. But then Jonah, a tamed warg, went insane and attacked Arthur, who was then incapacitated and burned to death. So that ends the tale of my colony.

Lessons learned: have a trap area for each side of your wall in order to funnel them through better. If a mass of enemies are on one side and they have the power to knock down walls, they will not go all the way around.

The final moments before a fiery death:

Last edited by Hooahguy; 06-21-2017 at 15:12.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Blog Entries

On plus side, your colony looks very cozy. Mine was rather Spartan. When I last left it, everyone bar two pacifists went to raid the pirates settlement over a week away and they were heading back with the booty of component parts.

Thinking of remaking with lessons learnt, or finding out if there is a way to relocate or branch to another city/town.
    Last edited by Beskar; 06-21-2017 at 21:53.

I really wish there was a way to follow my captured colonists. Maybe I could orchestrate a breakout and then they could flee to my now-abandoned colony and rebuild.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12