Thread: Faction character information

Member Member Cincinnatus Johnson's Avatar
    Burke, Virginia, United States of America

Default Faction character information

Greetings,
    I am building a spreadsheet to track family member progress. Is there a file in the EB2 folder that identifies each FM's traits, past and biographies as listed when you right click on their character. I'm trying to find a simple way to copy and paste that information and avoid having to start EB2, copy information down by hand and then type it in manually.
    Thank you.
    - CJ

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Default Re: Faction character information

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus Johnson View Post
    Greetings,
    I am building a spreadsheet to track family member progress. Is there a file in the EB2 folder that identifies each FM's traits, past and biographies as listed when you right click on their character. I'm trying to find a simple way to copy and paste that information and avoid having to start EB2, copy information down by hand and then type it in manually.
    Thank you.
    - CJ
    The closest thing is mods\EBII\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr.strat

That shows the situation at game start, but obviously things change from that point forward. Also it's a text file and thus not very friendly from a data gathering perspective. Even worse, the terminology is "game code" and thus not what you see when you look the character up in-game. For example:

Code:
    ; City: Ambrakia
    ; Region: Epeiros
    ; --------------------
    character	Alexandros ofepeiros, named character, male, age 21, x 172, y 148
    traits NaturalIntelligence 4 , NaturalCharisma 3 , NaturalEnergy 4 , Selflessness 5 , LoyaltyLevel 5 , Temperament 5 , ApeirosAiakides 1 , AlexandrosAiakidesBiography 1 , GoodTactician 1 , GoodDefender 1 , CommandExperience 2 , GoodAdministrator 1 , InspiringSpeaker 1
    ancillaries wise_man , aged_retainer
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Member thankful for this post:

Member Member Cincinnatus Johnson's Avatar
    Burke, Virginia, United States of America

Default Re: Faction character information

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    The closest thing is mods\EBII\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr.strat

That shows the situation at game start, but obviously things change from that point forward. Also it's a text file and thus not very friendly from a data gathering perspective. Even worse, the terminology is "game code" and thus not what you see when you look the character up in-game. For example:

Code:
    ; City: Ambrakia
    ; Region: Epeiros
    ; --------------------
    character	Alexandros ofepeiros, named character, male, age 21, x 172, y 148
    traits NaturalIntelligence 4 , NaturalCharisma 3 , NaturalEnergy 4 , Selflessness 5 , LoyaltyLevel 5 , Temperament 5 , ApeirosAiakides 1 , AlexandrosAiakidesBiography 1 , GoodTactician 1 , GoodDefender 1 , CommandExperience 2 , GoodAdministrator 1 , InspiringSpeaker 1
    ancillaries wise_man , aged_retainer
    Ha! Oh well... thanks for pointing it out to me. I appreciate the help. You're right, not exactly "user friendly" for my intended goal. Best of luck in your games.
    - CJ