Page 26 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: XCOM Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [In Play]

So you have an inside joke that is SOP for the meta in nearly every place I've ever played, I ask a number of times is there is a reason to reassess my read if there was any site related meta that would explain the behavior, and instead of saying ah man it's cool new guy it's just a cute lil' inside joke we have here. You wait 3 days to say it is after calling them crazy and patronizing them.

Fair nuff. I guess Csargo had the right idea all along.

Oh no.

El Barto and Fredison fighting. :(

Mooooooom.

lol atpg/crimson are just clear i cba to read that

The problem is Sooh's "Oh nice guys when you push scum on me I wanna try soooo haaarddd" sarcasm/AtE/plea is not something I see coming from a villager.

Or at least, I don't do it as a villager and I'm bad so it must be a horrible play lol.

Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwood View Post
    So you have an inside joke that is SOP for the meta in nearly every place I've ever played, I ask a number of times is there is a reason to reassess my read if there was any site related meta that would explain the behavior, and instead of saying ah man it's cool new guy it's just a cute lil' inside joke we have here. You wait 3 days to say it is after calling them crazy and patronizing them.

I wouldn't pay much mind to Barto.

He comes off as really mean and unapproachable and not pleasant for your first few games but he's a softy I promise.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Et tu, Csargo?

You've suddenly forgotten that my very first vote in each and every game is a random vote?

Also, what's with your sudden change of vote late in the game?
    Yea.

I honestly wasn't talking about your argument with Fredwood, but your replies to ATPG. Little bit of the Fredwood stuff, but not the argument just your responses give me pause. Think they're a bit on the scummy side.

Did you miss the part where I wanted to lynch DP101 for like 80% of that day? Or are you talking about Jowy? Jowy was kinda scummy, not much though, so I was okay with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    I wouldn't pay much mind to Barto.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Manasi
    He comes off as really mean and unapproachable and not pleasant for your first few games but he's a softy I promise.
    And by ‘really mean and unapproachable and not pleasant’ Miss Manasi means that I actually insist on proper written English and that last game I tried to vig her on Night One, correctly surmising that she was mafia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Yea.

I honestly wasn't talking about your argument with Fredwood, but your replies to ATPG. Little bit of the Fredwood stuff, but not the argument just your responses give me pause. Think they're a bit on the scummy side.

Did you miss the part where I wanted to lynch DP101 for like 80% of that day? Or are you talking about Jowy? Jowy was kinda scummy, not much though, so I was okay with it.
    What I do not understand is why you wanted to draw my vote onto Dp101 earlier in the day but not the second time you were voting him. Maybe you didn't really want Dp101 to swing? My vote would have made it 3-3 and off to a random tiebreaker. 50% is not good odds for a scummioso!Csargo.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Fredwood quixotic town a la dicetosser?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

What I do not understand is why you wanted to draw my vote onto Dp101 earlier in the day but not the second time you were voting him. Maybe you didn't really want Dp101 to swing? My vote would have made it 3-3 and off to a random tiebreaker. 50% is not good odds for a scummioso!Csargo.
    I was hoping you'd follow me, suffice to say I was disappointed.

Or someone would...

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Fredwood quixotic town a la dicetosser?
    Do you mean in the idealistic, romantic, impractical, or delusional sense?

I savvy two of those interpretations and will tilt at all your windmills for the others.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

I was hoping you'd follow me, suffice to say I was disappointed.
    Or someone would...
    Maybe you could have been more explicit.

I savvy two of those interpretations and will tilt at all your windmills for the others.
    Do you know who dicetosser is?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Maybe you could have been more explicit.
    I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have mattered, since you know, I'd been saying the entire day he was scum, so yeah.

You spent the whole day saying he was scum and then you unvoted him! How could you expect any votes on him to remain credible? I was not about to sheep you a third time.

Do you know who dicetosser is?
    Dicetosser was an on-again off-again townie participant in the Representative Democracy game hosted by Pizza in late Fall '16, AFAIK his only game here.

He vehemently called for the lynch of me and some other players because we considered Renata and Cass lock-town for lynching two scumbags, on the basis that no one can be lock-town without a confirmed mechanical basis and that pushing it made us likely mafia buddies. Obviously you're not anywhere near maintaining a comparable misguided maximalism, it's just the principle.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You spent the whole day saying he was scum and then you unvoted him! How could you expect any votes on him to remain credible? I was not about to sheep you a third time.
    I figured it wasn't going to happen, since you were the only other person, so I moved. You should have.

I figured it wasn't going to happen, since you were the only other person, so I moved. You should have.
    *gapes at post*

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Dicetosser was an on-again off-again townie participant in the Representative Democracy game hosted by Pizza in late Fall '16, AFAIK his only game here.

He vehemently called for the lynch of me and some other players because we considered Renata and Cass lock-town for lynching two scumbags, on the basis that no one can be lock-town without a confirmed mechanical basis and that pushing it made us likely mafia buddies. Obviously you're not anywhere near maintaining a comparable misguided maximalism, it's just the principle.
    W/e I was referring to the use of Quixotic which is broad but a bit insulting, you didn't have to spell the insult out. If you honestly think it was a "joke" that he pointed out to make sure I didn't ignore it that 0 other people participated in, then cool, I'm not really not bothered anymore and won't push him.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Since I only have a few minutes remaining before night ends and flips happen, I want to get this out there as briefly as possible.

"Defensive" refers to Fredwood's entire day one iso, and in more than one sense. He's much more wordy when any kind of suspicion rolled his way, and he seemed to pop up right when I was mentioning him, which is a bad coincidence. Felt to me honestly like wolfy lurking and then responding to something that interested him, which was himself. Not clearing townies, not finding scums or pushing them.

Look at the first x number of posts he made in the game, none of them having anything to do with solving. And the timestamps involved.

Very few posts of content, then responds to me suspecting him, and then dips out for the rest of the phase.

That's what I am looking at. Defensive, self-concerned scum play. Not solving.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Also, we're all a bunch of aliens and that kicks ass.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Csargo 

Night is over

Do not post

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [Game Thread]

End of Night 1.

crickets chirping

No corpse is found.

-------

It is now Day Two.

Voting ends in:

-------

Living Players: 16

@Askthepizzaguy
    @autolycus
    @BSmith
    @Champ
    crimson_snow
    @Csargo
    @Cuthillius
    @Dp101
    @El Barto
    @Fredwood
    @Logic
    @Manasi
    @Montmorency
    @novice
    @Sooh
    @Winston Hughes

------

Dead Players: 1

Jowy - Faceless
    Last edited by Zack; 06-27-2017 at 04:37.

You can post now.

i n t e r e s t i n g

No death means it's very likely someone townie-looking got doctored properly.

Which means I am going to reiterate my point about the top 4 posters not needing to be pushed today.

Also @Sooh, my love, my decision about you today will be based on what you put into it. Pre-emptively deciding you're not going to try looks bad.

Just find townies and find scums. I won't even deluge you with accusations. Have some space. Do your thing.

Then I'll judge.

It's as fair as I can be.

Same with Fredwood. On the chance his behavior is self-focused townie, my advice to him to break our deadlock is to have a better day 2. My feelings are on record, I don't have to reiterate them.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

fzzt

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    No death means it's very likely someone townie-looking got doctored properly.

Which means I am going to reiterate my point about the top 4 posters not needing to be pushed today.

Also @Sooh, my love, my decision about you today will be based on what you put into it. Pre-emptively deciding you're not going to try looks bad.

Just find townies and find scums. I won't even deluge you with accusations. Have some space. Do your thing.

Then I'll judge.

It's as fair as I can be.

Same with Fredwood. On the chance his behavior is self-focused townie, my advice to him to break our deadlock is to have a better day 2. My feelings are on record, I don't have to reiterate them.
    re: fredison

I think he sounds comfortable, for whatever that's worth.

At least.

His TOAN seems rather conversational. Idk how good he is at this thing I just think he's probably okay.

Tone is fine, behavior is not.

Fredwood seems like a good guy to play with, and he's got experience playing in unfamiliar places. But, on that note, I'm going to go get to know Fredwood better since I don't feel myself in the hotseat.

That means meta-gathering. If you don't see me, I'm still doing stuff to form a better-informed opinion.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

I agree with Fred being kind of defensive/bland, but I won't pass judgement until I see what he does today.

@Dp101 Are we going to be friends today or nah?

Cuth you going to explain the colorful votes from yesterday? I want that sweet, sweet intel.

Page 26 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast