Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 2226

Thread: XCOM Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    It's also worth noting that despite Csargo's jumpy progression on Monty, his stance on me remains rock solid, despite the majority of my time in the thread being engaging with Monty - so you think that would change a bit.
    Go ahead and read some of D1 now. Pizza describes Csargo in this game as "turbocharged", and as having either his best town game of all time, or his best scum game of all time.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Go ahead and read some of D1 now. Pizza describes Csargo in this game as "turbocharged", and as having either his best town game of all time, or his best scum game of all time.
    I'm not going to read any of the game until the night phase, assuming I live that long. That's just something people are going to have to deal with. What's your actual stance on what I just laid out?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

This is an interesting progression from GH, I wonder what he'll think when he gets the full picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Note the bolded.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

I'm not going to read any of the game until the night phase, assuming I live that long. That's just something people are going to have to deal with. What's your actual stance on what I just laid out?
    Now THIS i find a tad on the scummy side.

Why intentionally deprive yourself of information? If you are indeed town, that is all you have to work with. But a scum could easily get a summary from the wolf-chat, and be able to faux-try and point to a post like yours in the event any errors have been made.

Monty, I agree that GH is looking very suspicious.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Vote: Manasi

I don't think there's any particular jumping around, rather that he didn't have a particular stance on you (in thread). Maybe you could argue his progression on me is thin, but you haven't really seen his progression by your own admission.
    Vitiate Man.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Now THIS i find a tad on the scummy side.

Why intentionally deprive yourself of information? If you are indeed town, that is all you have to work with. But a scum could easily get a summary from the wolf-chat, and be able to faux-try and point to a post like yours in the event any errors have been made.

Monty, I agree that GH is looking very suspicious.
    Because I have neither the time nor the motivation to go through a thousand posts at the moment.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Because I have neither the time nor the motivation to go through a thousand posts at the moment.
    Which is fair. I haven't even fully read the second-half of D1 yet.

By the end of D2, this game is shaping to exceed FrenchRev's post count.
    Vitiate Man.

Blog Entries

I don't think there's any particular jumping around, rather that he didn't have a particular stance on you (in thread). Maybe you could argue his progression on me is thin, but you haven't really seen his progression by your own admission.
    All I know is what I've seen, and his first two posts regarding Monty that I quoted above were pretty damn contradictory. At least his later shift on you had a small amount of cover.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

It's also worth noting that despite Csargo's jumpy progression on Monty, his stance on me remains rock solid, despite the majority of my time in the thread being engaging with Monty - so you think that would change a bit.
    You have no idea what my thoughts on Monty are, since you have so little information to work with. Just because I liked that one post doesn't mean I have him as town, nor do I have him as scum. There's always another option GH, always. I wanted something from you and I got it, and it's not terribly positive. I can't say I'm impressed with your performance so far, you're all over the place. My Champ gutread was because I had literally nothing to go on except past style, and that doesn't apply to you. Fresh start.

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Ok, but I think being upfront with your reasoning would be in the beat interest of everyone. Especially the think-skulled players like myself.
    Aliases Yakostovian

All I know is what I've seen, and his first two posts regarding Monty that I quoted above were pretty damn contradictory. At least his later shift on you had a small amount of cover.
    The first post of his you quoted wasn't a serious endorsement of my alleged position but a jibe wrt to this post, that several others also found funny for whatever reason. So it's perfectly in line with a dismissive attitude toward town Monty from Csargo, if not a belligerent one.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    No death means it's very likely someone townie-looking got doctored properly.

Which means I am going to reiterate my point about the top 4 posters not needing to be pushed today.

Also @Sooh, my love, my decision about you today will be based on what you put into it. Pre-emptively deciding you're not going to try looks bad.

Just find townies and find scums. I won't even deluge you with accusations. Have some space. Do your thing.

Then I'll judge.

It's as fair as I can be.

Same with Fredwood. On the chance his behavior is self-focused townie, my advice to him to break our deadlock is to have a better day 2. My feelings are on record, I don't have to reiterate them.

Roleblock, bulletproof, MAFIA HOLSTER

But yeah, maybe.
    Vitiate Man.

Blog Entries

The first post of his you quoted wasn't a serious endorsement of my alleged position but a jibe wrt to this post, that several others also found funny for whatever reason. So it's perfectly in line with a dismissive attitude toward town Monty from Csargo, if not a belligerent one.
    Okay, that makes a little more sense then.

Does viewing one post in a positive light, greatly change an overall view? I'm not sure what you're arguing, because it doesn't make sense to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Does viewing one post in a positive light, greatly change an overall view? I'm not sure what you're arguing, because it doesn't make sense to me.
    Before Monty clarified that you were sort of making fun of him/referencing an earlier thing, my impression of your progression on Monty was:

Positive - Negative (very next post) ----time passes----- Monty NAI analysis post - positive

So you see why I didn't like it from my POV.

Before Monty clarified that you were sort of making fun of him/referencing an earlier thing, my impression of your progression on Monty was:

Positive - Negative (very next post) ----time passes----- Monty NAI analysis post - positive

So you see why I didn't like it from my POV.
    You should always question the seriousness of my statements.

In this exchange GH slightly towny for appearing not to avail himself of more info to improve his position, but as we saw last game GH is perfectly capable of combining misdirection with indignation, so it doesn't count.
    Vitiate Man.

Hi.

Crimson popping in for a bit.

I've read virtually none of D2, will try to fix that over next few hours.

If someone wants to give me a breakdown of things I'll probably use it to get a read on you.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

1:35am

burned out pizza.

LolCuth

Vote stays on Novice the obvious scumbag.

Good night all!
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    Vote: Manasi
    I find it very odd that you suddenly come out to reinforce the Manasi counterwaggon.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

There is a very good chance I won't be online again before EOD. I will try to check back and read what others post, but roght now, I am happy with where my vote is.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Nope.

1. Pizza-novice more important
    2. I want Pizza's input.
    3. GH should receive the courtesy of being permitted to catch up.
    unvote

and then

vote: novice

If anything, we'll force atpg to look at others tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Official Tally as of #1132

----

Day 2 ends in:

----

3 Manasi (Sooh, El Barto, novice)
    3 novice (Askthepizzaguy, Logic, Montmorency)

2 Askthepizzaguy (Cuthillius, Dp101)

1 Sooh (Manasi)

----

Not Voting: BSmith, crimson_snow, Csargo, Fredwood, GeneralHankerchief, Winston Hughes

Not Posting: autolycus

----

If you notice anything wrong, PM me.
    Then:

1. GH and Csargo vote each other
    2. Winston votes Manasi
    3. Barto unvotes Manasi and votes Novice

UPDATED TALLY

----

4 novice (Askthepizzaguy, Logic, Montmorency, Barto)
    3 Manasi (Sooh, novice, Winston Hughes)

2 Askthepizzaguy (Cuthillius, Dp101)

1 Sooh (Manasi)
    1 GH (Csargo)
    1 Csargo (GH)

----

Not Voting: BSmith, crimson_snow, Fredwood

Not Posting: autolycus

----
    Vitiate Man.

Sup y'all.

Glad you decided to join Sooh in the "Let's vote on a villager bc we don't know what else to do" wagon.

Got a sudden urge to cook so I'm in and out of the kitchen for a little bit.

I think the GH outbursts are super towny.

Don't know what to think of Barto's vote/unvote because I think he has been a bit different this game.

lol at winston coming out of the woodworks to lynch me glgl buddyboi

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Don't know what to think of Barto's vote/unvote because I think he has been a bit different this game.
    It's the hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    lol at winston coming out of the woodworks to lynch me glgl buddyboi
    Yes! That was an interesting intervention by him. He had never posted anything related to you or to novice (either to justify lynching you for yourself or as a byproduct of saving novice whom he'd be townreading). He's only made sociable posts. Even my Day One posts have had more game-related content than his. But the clearness of his vote belies his claimed drunkenness/hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Yes! That was an interesting intervention by him. He had never posted anything related to you or to novice (either to justify lynching you for yourself or as a byproduct of saving novice whom he'd be townreading). He's only made sociable posts. Even my Day One posts have had more game-related content than his. But the clearness of his vote belies his claimed drunkenness/hangover.
    I wouldn't say that your posts - adjusting for relative count - have had more game-related content than his.

It's certainly an interesting move, reminiscent of old Org culture. Are you eager to call it a "slip"?
    Vitiate Man.

I wouldn't say that your posts - adjusting for relative count - have had more game-related content than his.
    I was speaking in overall terms, rather than in content density.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency
    It's certainly an interesting move, reminiscent of old Org culture. Are you eager to call it a "slip"?
    A possible slip, right now. :)

Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast