Default Re: XCOM Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Vote:Sooh
    E-evil?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

I just read that post in Michael Cera's voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    I'm referring to you sussing novice, and what it means relative to the Manasi vote. Yesterday, for example, you started on Manasi and finished on novice.
    And during the night Manasi managed to be scummier. Conveniently, today she's off the grid. But she only announced that after I'd started going after her and told her I'd be voting for her today.

So first I came in, voted for Manasi, then started reading about 200 posts. Right now I'd rather see Manasi and novice swing.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    E-evil?
    Yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

GR8 vote m8, I rate 8/8.

Seriously, how do you get scummiess out of bitterness?

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    GR8 vote m8, I rate 8/8.

Seriously, how do you get scummiess out of bitterness?
    You think so? I'd disagree, reads as disingenuous to me, especially the last sentence. Her tone has been iffy in spots throughout this game, seems really on edge. The only saving grace is the iso's which were decent, but up until now she's been fairly disengaged. Mostly my votes for tone though, because that's how a read people. As you can clearly see Dp101, I'm not the most logical player.

You think so? I'd disagree, reads as disingenuous to me, especially the last sentence. Her tone has been iffy in spots throughout this game, seems really on edge. The only saving grace is the iso's which were decent, but up until now she's been fairly disengaged. Mostly my votes for tone though, because that's how I read people. As you can clearly see Dp101, I'm not the most logical player.
    Can't type.

i

thought that was one of sooh's towniest posts so far

from what i know of her

csargo where are you at on dp now

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    csargo where are you at on dp now
    town

i

thought that was one of sooh's towniest posts so far

from what i know of her
    I disagree, but I haven't played much with her iirc.

town
    what changed

Hmm

Speaking of audacity and the logic behind Manasi voting to tie as scum, whether or not novice himself is her partner: everyone recalls D3 in Pokemon, right?

Csargo showed up EOD and there were 4 or so viable wagons, one of which was scum, at 2 votes each, so Csargo came and made a snap decision to vote auto (who had no votes prior to this), and this eventually ended in a 3-3 tie between auto and I.

I'm not even going to bother comparing Manasi and Csargo to each other in that game.

I don't know if this means I'll end up driving a Manasi lynch, but I think we should reduce the likelihood that Manasi was voting to save a partner if she is scum.

Another note about Manasi in that game is that she directly and repeatedly cleared her own team as townies in the discourse, naming them among her Town core.

BTW, Csargo's post forming the auto wagon:

Are we just ignoring the fact that auto came in with that readlist with 2 scum leans and then voted BSmith? Is that not as weird as I think it is?

Unvote: Champ, Vote:autolycus

I'm just going to blindly trust Zack on Champ I guess, plus he was here and posted so seems good.

Why are we still discussing Monty's case on GH? It's bad, I thought that was already established. Discussing it further doesn't make it more or less bad. I don't know what to say at this point really.

Zack's stock is on the rise it seems.
    Posting a lot like he's been today, or like his least favorable moments the other days. Town equity dropping.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Official Tally as of #1602

----

Day 3 ends in:

----

4 Manasi (Sooh, autolycus, Winston Hughes, El Barto)

2 novice (Logic, Montmorency)

1 Logic (novice)
    1 Montmorency (Dp101)
    1 Sooh (Csargo)

----

Not Voting: @BSmith, @Cuthillius, @Fredwood

Not Posting: @Manasi

----

If you notice anything wrong, PM me.

Please note the timer, EOD is earlier than the usual time!

what changed
    I already said, I liked his post-D2, thought it felt town.

Question is, in terms of Manasi voting to save a partner, did she know the current vote count at that time? Iirc she was frustrated about not knowing the vote count before at one point, and it's not as easily accessible here as it is on MU, so that could make it harder to know if it would just look like a scummy move or a regular vote.

Idk if that makes sense. I just think that it seems like Manasi's level of interest this game matches her previous scum game, though she might be even less interested here. I haven't played that many games with her, but I would think she cares more as town.

sup.

Leave me alone, Barto. I got the done and then decided to relax for a second. I thought it'd be better if I let you guys know before because I knew I'd be working for like 20 hours straight.

Still a wagon feelsbadman.

5 PM EOD feelsbadman.

Prolly won't be around, mostly bc I'll probably just be coming home from work.

As for slight catch up...

• Csargo is town.
    • I think novice is town. -- Yes, that means I think we had v/v/v wagons. I know that's unreasonable, just a gut read.
    • I feel like I'm not gonna be able to be very happy this game until we resolve Sooh, but that might be me just being stubborn.
    • El Barto dropping RAPIDLY. Would vote today or tomorrow.
    • Should be around for the rest of the day unless my other boss realizes he hasn't seen me in something around a week.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 06-28-2017 at 16:27. Reason: planting daisies

Question is, in terms of Manasi voting to save a partner, did she know the current vote count at that time? Iirc she was frustrated about not knowing the vote count before at one point, and it's not as easily accessible here as it is on MU, so that could make it harder to know if it would just look like a scummy move or a regular vote.

Idk if that makes sense. I just think that it seems like Manasi's level of interest this game matches her previous scum game, though she might be even less interested here. I haven't played that many games with her, but I would think she cares more as town.
    Nah last game was bc of the game on POG running and having a worse off wolf team there than I did here, so had to work a lot harder in that one.

Not talking about this game at all, just explaining my absence in Pokemon.

tfw Zack can't decide what time of day he wants to use to u over.

Either when ur coming home from work

or when ur already asleep
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 06-28-2017 at 16:27. Reason: planting daisies

Oh. I forgot to give Cuth a town read!

Welp, just seven hours left in the day?

Idk what this is supposed to mean in terms of me or Manasi.

I was surprised, yes.
    I meant, were you really that sussed?

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Timing! The point is in the timing. novice didn't actually argue that until both GH and atpg were dead.
    It was a crosspost.

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    I'll have to continue tomorrow.

Vote: Logic, see post 1547 for reasons.
    Should also include post 1535:
    This is a weird progression. You go from a nullish read to "a tad on the scummy side" which becomes "very suspicious" by the end of the post. Not to mention that the "tad on the scummy side" tell objectively isn't scummy. (But that is in Logic's derp range.)
    Town:
    novice

Not willing to lynch:
    Cuthillius
    Dp101
    Winston Hughes

Don't think so:
    Sooh
    Fredwood

Willing to lynch:
    autolycus
    BSmith
    Csargo
    El Barto
    Logic
    Manasi
    Montmorency

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [Game Thread]

Manasi, this is for your benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Moderator notice: Stop swearing.

There could be a long and elaborate explanation that goes with this, but just stop. If you have to, use the daisy smiley () if necessary. If you do not, I will be making edits to posts to do this. No actual game content will be altered.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [Game Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Manasi, this is for your benefit.
    If that becomes a daisy I'ma cry.

Okay anyway.

How the are people reading Auto as town?

All two of his posts were him sheeping (now dead confirmed villagers) and doing ~nothing else to help himself.

He somehow had an independent scum read on DP who is so far down everyone's lists it's insane.

I'm just shocked he only has two relevant posts in the game.

How is this okay?

Vote: Auto

Welp, just seven hours left in the day?

I meant, were you really that sussed?

It was a crosspost.

Should also include post 1535:

Town:
    novice

Not willing to lynch:
    Cuthillius
    Dp101
    Winston Hughes

Don't think so:
    Sooh
    Fredwood

Willing to lynch:
    autolycus
    BSmith
    Csargo
    El Barto
    Logic
    Manasi
    Montmorency
    Sure felt that way. Maybe just because Pizza is so loud and people are generally listening to him.

Also, your scum list is way too long. Can you sort out who are the more likely scums?

IGR?
    What was the thing you wanted to pursue in the next phase?
    Catching up

In game read, before the Pizza flinch you were my top town read. I stated in my ISO breakdown of you while ISOing you the framing was convenient. I was very conflicted over that lynch primarily because I had given you both major town cred that phase. I felt a lynch on you taught us more, but my read had been stronger for longer on you, and Cuth made the case about effort always being a part of Pizza's meta.

I mentioned it later when Monty mentioned Logic, I had some issue with Logic's post and progression from day 2 that I wanted to explore, and I hadn't seen anyone else mention him and I didn't have the energy or didn't think it was the right time to build a case against someone who was a mostly null read for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwood View Post
    Catching up

In game read, before the Pizza flinch you were my top town read. I stated in my ISO breakdown of you while ISOing you the framing was convenient. I was very conflicted over that lynch primarily because I had given you both major town cred that phase. I felt a lynch on you taught us more, but my read had been stronger for longer on you, and Cuth made the case about effort always being a part of Pizza's meta.

I mentioned it later when Monty mentioned Logic, I had some issue with Logic's post and progression from day 2 that I wanted to explore, and I hadn't seen anyone else mention him and I didn't have the energy or didn't think it was the right time to build a case against someone who was a mostly null read for everyone.
    Can you read all of auto's TWO POSTS

and tell me how you feel

Kind of nuts that everyone's willing to lynch list is so large at this point, frustrating, until I realize that my willing to lynch list is rather large as well.

Still rather high on Cuth, not just because I agreed with the logic, I don't think pushing the lynch on a town Pizza is a scum play there. Even if he's a masterful scum, it's a tough sell. Right now the Manasi/Sooh fight feels more like w/v then the Pizza novice really ever did. I haven't given either of them any serious town cred up til this point, and there hasn't been a ton of reason to change that.

I will say Sooh's recent post about Manasi not knowing the vote count when she voted, basically defending Manasi for being voted for the wrong reason reads rather town to me. I don't know if I'd give credit myself to Manasi on that point now, but the fact that Sooh is at least providing a plausible explanation for that vote even though they've been at each other for 3 phases would bring me to town lean Sooh more then Manasi.

The Novice/Pizza Thunderdome just feel like it lacks closure. Novice just tarnished too much in my eyes at this point, fairly or unfairly (because a lot of it was through no fault of his own). Is it a good reason to lynch someone...no (maybe?), just feels like unfinished business.

Barto...don't know what to do with him. Haven't seen reason to town read him and he's rather boisterous, but aside from people throwing his name out for lynch candidate, there doesn't seem to be any traction on him. So either all those mentions are parroting/distancing or people just don't feel as strongly as they say they do.

BSmith: His vote is the worst of anyone's for me. It doesn't feel right that a low poster would have that much of an impact on an outcome of a big lynch. It feels like the vote was being directed. It's too beneficially timed and beneficially scum to be made on his own when he hasn't been able to pay much attention to the game to this point and the Pizza v Novice debate was a very content heavy one. Could be an apology patsy vote. It wasn't last second but it did build the distribution to at least make a Pizza lynch more likely.

Logic: It's strange that this feels like a POE thing, I can't put him in my town core, and I have reasons for not wanting to put him in my town core, however he's far from the scummiest person on my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Can you read all of auto's TWO POSTS

and tell me how you feel
    Auto's a problem, don't know if he's necessarily a day phase problem, if his existence persists beyond the next few phases then yeah we'd have to lynch him before a theoretical lylo, Pizza almost lock clearing him after an extremely early vote on novice that felt jokey is part of the reason I sided with Novice in the great Day 2 Thunderdome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwood View Post
    Auto's a problem, don't know if he's necessarily a day phase problem, if his existence persists beyond the next few phases then yeah we'd have to lynch him before a theoretical lylo, Pizza almost lock clearing him after an extremely early vote on novice that felt jokey is part of the reason I sided with Novice in the great Day 2 Thunderdome.
    So you're just suggesting we leave him open for a vig or something?

Page 54 of 75 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast