Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 2226

Thread: XCOM Mafia [Concluded]

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [Game Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Dude, I made that statement after the lynch...
    Yes you did. It doesn't change my concern, because you basically said killing pizza is always justified because how good he is as scum.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm starting my catchup. Please tell me Csargo isn't getting townread just because he's using the first several pages of the thread as a personal dumping ground for his entire Office gif collection.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    I'm starting my catchup. Please tell me Csargo isn't getting townread just because he's using the first several pages of the thread as a personal dumping ground for his entire Office gif collection.
    He should be hanged just for that, in my generous opinion.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Members thankful for this post (2):

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Awww.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Well, that's a stinky thing to say.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Idk why there's so many office haters itt.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

It is a cheap imitation of a quite decent British show.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

office lit slay

@Cuthilius, if you could explain the whole poisoning epiphany thing, try to do so - at deadline, so that it can't be exploited.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is how far the multiquoting limit let me go for this post. Halfway through the thread I think.

I think I agree.

"You" here is Jowy, right? Oh, reading on, it's referring to Logic. Meh. I think Jowy is townier tbh.

Oh, interesting that you did have an actual reason for that read. I was wondering what it could be.

Maybe, but he promised in the signup thread that he would do better. Actually he'd probably be more inclined to follow up on that promise as scum than as town.

Not impressed by Csargo, see below, but I really like Crimson's style.

Not being able to produce any reads except townreading your accuser is a red flag.
    After following Dp's day 1 mafia play in the championship game I've lost some faith in my ability to tone read him. I'd like to think he should be an easy read eventually though.

I disagree. He changes up his style and tends to be very active, but he doesn't play the helpful townie much. PIS?

I thought I had a quote on Csargo saying Dp101 was the strongest scum read by far so far, to which my kneejerk reaction was "no way". Although after gathering my thoughts so far, it's not such an outrageous statement.

I'll continue catching up in a bit, need to get some work done also.
    Okay I read the rest of the thread. I kind of agree that Dp wasn't given much room to breathe there and Crimson pretty much nailed it with his "he could be scum, but it's hard to tell" comment.

To answer Pizza's question from earlier my current top town reads are Crimson and Jowy. Jowy has his normal cocksure persona, as Cuth called it (I think "independent thinker" is a better way to put it), and Crimson just reads townie both in tone and process, really. When someone towns so effortlessly as him you put him in your town list and worry about him being an excellent scum player later.

Notes to self:
    Cuth's angle on Monty seems interesting, I should reread that.
    Also reread Champ's entrance to the thread to see if Pizza's read makes sense.

This is probably biased due to later events that I'm aware happened, but I'm giving a scumread to novice for these posts largely down to tone. Bit too much hedging and the "Cuth's angle on Monty seems interesting, I should reread that" quote is a big red flag.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Blog Entries

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Enjoy the paranoia about me though, that's always nice. Gearing up to lynch me tomorrow, or maybe today ATPG? I won't go gently into that good night, so just be warned. Do you see any parallels between this game and the Pokemon one ATPG from me? I don't understand why you're trying to throw shade on me right now, considering in this game, you've got the most experience playing with me. I just find it terribly odd. If you come after me though, at least it'll be fun.
    This post doesn't sit well with me because a little earlier, Csargo mentioned that he changes up his style a lot.

Csargo 

This post doesn't sit well with me because a little earlier, Csargo mentioned that he changes up his style a lot.
    Dp said the same. I wonder.

Blog Entries

Dp said the same. I wonder.
    Good, because I was townreading him anyway.

Good, because I was townreading him anyway.
    Maybe, I'm just that bad...

fyi timer should have had 1 more hour

here it is fixed

Deadline for night orders in:

Some thoughts on the EOD shenanigans:
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson_snow View Post
    Ugh.

Vote: Novice

This is mostly a protest mechanical vote because I am not wasting a lynch on a town read who could possibly die in the night from poison.
    OK, but I still don't think crimson_snow or Csargo can be mafia with novice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    LOL wtf

vote: pizza
    As the great sage would say: (!)

It's Manasi or novice for me tomorrow.

P.S. how does post #1248 hold in the light of this, Fredwood? Would Manasi's lynch still yield no information?

BARTO PLEASE

You're my favorite.

Don't do this.

Anyway, I have this thing I've been procrastinating on that my boss wants to look at tomorrow afternoon so I will probably not be ITT until around 2 EST tomorrow weeeeee. <3

Blog Entries

I'm reheating pizza right now.

Night 2 is over.

DO NOT POST until I say you can.

End of Night 2.

And there in the cold, crimson blood staining the white snow.

crimson_snow was a Muton!

He was town!

In other news, Askthepizzaguy has rejoined the living. Though he looks weak, and it's not clear how long he can "live" in this state.

-------

It is now Day Three.

Voting ends in:

-------

Living Players: 15

@Askthepizzaguy
    @autolycus
    @BSmith
    @Csargo
    @Cuthillius
    @Dp101
    @El Barto
    @Fredwood
    @GeneralHankerchief
    @Logic
    @Manasi
    @Montmorency
    @novice
    @Sooh
    @Winston Hughes

------

Dead Players: 2

Jowy - Faceless
    crimson_snow - Muton
    Last edited by Zack; 06-27-2017 at 05:21.

You can post now.

Note this Day is a little shorter.

Blog Entries

I'm reheating pizza right now.
    This was a claim.

Night, everybody.

This was a claim.

Night, everybody.
    I love you.

This was a claim.

Night, everybody.
    Jesus Christ, a log (or whatever)?

Cuth, what do you have to do with this?
    Vitiate Man.

Oh... more Pizza!

D3 and only two townies dead, that's amaze! Only thing that would spice it up some more would be a dead scum.

Does this thing work today?

Vote: Manasi

In b4 GH is some sort of necromancer GF.

I'd like to lynch one of these people today:

novice, Logic, Manasi, Barto.

In b4 GH is some sort of necromancer GF.
    Paranoid mindmeld. I came in here to ask if that makes sense from a storyline perspective.

Wait, watch and see for now I guess.

Csargo 

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Jesus what. XCOM has no way to bring people back from the dead, so this makes GH an alien (probably a Gatekeeper since sectoids are apparently vanilla and I don't remember any other aliens with revival abilities), since XCOM would literally never expect that and claim it in advance. This is good.

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Also if I was scum I'd be tilted/10 at this turn of events.

I'd like to lynch one of these people today:

novice, Logic, Manasi, Barto.
    yeah, I guess. But how about BSmith and that stealth vote toward but not during EOD?

What Pizza has become btw, though I can't find documentation on "Log", which is what I believed this role is called when it is for a single phase only.

Paranoid mindmeld. I came in here to ask if that makes sense from a storyline perspective.

Wait, watch and see for now I guess.
    @Dp101 what's the meta on this situation? It seems too convenient for it to be Town-only action, but OK.

Let's say Cuth and GH are legit.
    Vitiate Man.

Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast