Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 2226

Thread: XCOM Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Nothing makes sense with your results, other than a roleblock on you.
    which is not the case, again

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    ok

so fishes of suspicion

towards people who said

not lynching outside novice/pizza
    That was only me, I believe. Look for a finer distinction.

About your poisoning ability, it just 'didn't work', right? So if it didn't work, then it's not even a question of whether or not the poisoned would be informed by the host. You or Pizza (and hey, Pizza draws actions by nature) could have been jailed. Some other ability might have interfered. The question is, can you poison again?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

eh i misremembered

disregard

i'm an [unintelligent person at this point], sorry

i

dammit

How can you know?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    That was only me, I believe. Look for a finer distinction.

About your poisoning ability, it just 'didn't work', right? So if it didn't work, then it's not even a question of whether or not the poisoned would be informed by the host. You or Pizza (and hey, Pizza draws actions by nature) could have been jailed. Some other ability might have interfered. The question is, can you poison again?
    the answer is, i'm not going to say

and yes it just didn't work

i remembered it badly and i strongly dislike myself right now

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

For a scum to tie a vote on a partner is super-risky, even more so when town Pizza is at stake.

For scum Manasi to make this decision if both wagons are town - I'm actually not sure if it looks better than that, or worse.
    Think Manasi is bold enough to make a move like that as scum, but maybe it's unlikely idk. Think the same about Cuth tbh. Maybe I'm just not thinking clearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

ugh ugh ugh ugh

i was HOPING this was exactly what was not going to happen

expletive

ok

well

we'll see what tomorrow brings

hopefully if anyone dies it'll be scum

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    I've told Sooh that all of her isos seem like just recap and inconclusive.

That being said, her interactions with Pizza seemed relatively normal so there's the slight chance I could be stuck in a tunnel.

I do think that Day 1 their interactions were weirder than Day 2, but I don't really think that she has done anything between those to warrant any sort of switch in a read.

As for what I'm cooking, I'm trying out this and this.

The house smells divine.
    I didn't really interact with Pizza until N1, but ok, I'll take it. I still find it odd that you think I'm scum, but you're doing zero, zilch and nothing to push that read, you're just waiting to see if other people do the work basically and then you can agree and shine because you were first vote on. I find the stand-offish attitude not very pro-town at all.

Also catching up if that wasn't obvious.

This distribution feels advantageous to scum. @Askthepizzaguy time to wake up and deploy that fire.

Obviously don't forget that this is a thunderdome, and Pizza can't survive a novice town flip.
    Would possibly have liked this post before Pizza's flip. In retrospect I don't and find it kinda scummy, so that's probably why it isn't, because why would scums say this?

Quote Originally Posted by crimson_snow View Post
    So, having some medical/real life issues right now, but since it looks like we die without our role showing, I'm going to claim.

I'm town bulletproof, and 99% sure I was the kill on N1. Wolves know they shot me, and there may or may not be a second component to my role. Maybe it's my own setup design leaking through, but I consider it pretty unlikely to have a full doc + bulletproof both in the setup, so in case they decided to shoot me again tonight wanted to give out the setup info I had.

My first post of game was an attempt to dumbtell a power role, I planned to role play as a newb derp to bait roleblocks/night kills, but I got sucked into the game a bit and it became pretty obvious it wasn't serious.

I'm not fully caught up, and won't be caught up anytime soon (maybe at night, or maybe not until next day phase, assuming everything goes alright), but I'm pretty sure Champ is a wolf, and I'd bet quite a lot on one between El Barto and Manasi, leaning towards the former. I'd also bet a fair bit on there being 1+ in the inactives because I have a lot of town reads on fairly active players - that makes Autolycus/BSmith targets to keep a close eye on.

I think Pizza is town, I think Novice is town, I think Cuth is town, I think CSargo is town, I think Fred is town, I think Sooh is town.

Winston and DP are the lightest of town reads.

Champ
    Manasai
    El Barto
    Autolycus
    BSmith
    Logic
    Montmorency

That's my PoE, with some obvious pairs not knowingly aligned in there.

Vote: Champ in spirit, but not comfortable placing a real vote without having fully caught up.

Won't be around rest of day, glglgl.
    I kind of like this derp play tbh.

So you'd rather tie 3 wagons????
    Manasi barely has a presence all day, and suddenly when she's getting votes and she's tied with someone else she pops in? And that within a minute of getting that vote?

Do not like. Also don't like her "Oh, I thought you read me town but you don't so you should die" turn on Pizza.

Ugh.

Vote: Novice

This is mostly a protest mechanical vote because I am not wasting a lynch on a town read who could possibly die in the night from poison.
    This is an odd statement.

I don't want to waste a lynch on a townie who might die anyway sounds like a scum way of saying that you want two dead townies tbh.

How do you know?

If you were told "success" and Pizza wasn't told anything it doesn't make sense. I would think it would be more important to tell someone they had been poisoned than to tell the person who was poisoning them whether or not their action was successful.

Ok caught up. I'll take a look when you US peoples are awake.

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

I'm awake. But then again, I'm the freak that has to be at work at 5 a.m.
    Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Logic here is a good example.

You can't fake this.

I <3 you logic, please don't be mad at me for being my example.
    @Askthepizzaguy
    Post game, I am going to want to know if you think this means I derp-cleared myself, because I don't see another explanation.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

You can't fake this.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm awake. But then again, I'm the freak that has to be at work at 5 a.m.

@Askthepizzaguy
    Post game, I am going to want to know if you think this means I derp-cleared myself, because I don't see another explanation.
    And for the record, I'm not mad unless the answer is: "lookit this idjut."
    Aliases Yakostovian

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [Game Thread]

Talking to people more than about them?

IDK, you're not like Pokemon.

I stand by killing Pizza if novice town. Strongly believe one of them should be lynched today.
    I thought my process was talking to people more than about them.

The difference that I can tell between this game and the Pokemon game is the amount of time investment. I'm trying a lot harder this game.

But, now I think you are a wolf. I'm not sold on that assessment, but it does seem like a clearer possibility now that Pizza flipped town.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Like this is bullshit.

Everything about it is bullshit.

I have trouble believing you truly think your life is worth more than that of Pizza, knowing he is town now.

And the BUT WAT IF HEZ SCUM fearlynch principle just straight up enrages me and makes communities utterly toxic to play in for decent players.
    This seems like an overreaction to the simple concept of self preservation.

Don't you dare lynch my town core. Especially if I said you had a tinfoil or were acting "like yourself" this game.

That's pizza code for "I like you, and you're a character, but lol your reads and process in every game"
    And for the record, I'm not mad unless the answer is: "lookit this idjut."
    Actually, I think I found the answer.
    :-(

You can't fake this.

But I guess I will take the silver lining. Pizza likes me!
    Aliases Yakostovian

Why.

He like 300+ posted in a half dead game, he was possibly poisoned and would die in the night, and he just radiated town who cared. That lynch was worse than any I saw in the championship series.

Yes. Any.
    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Better him than me. And you obviously haven't seen Pizza scumming.
    1.) Understandable
    2.) Wat?
    Like this is bullshit.

Everything about it is bullshit.

I have trouble believing you truly think your life is worth more than that of Pizza, knowing he is town now.

And the BUT WAT IF HEZ SCUM fearlynch principle just straight up enrages me and makes communities utterly toxic to play in for decent players.
    The former is understandable. The latter half of novice's statement is possibly true, but I agree that lynching good players because they might be scum is toxic.
    This seems like an overreaction to the simple concept of self preservation.
    But it isn't JUST simple self-preservation. Novice even tries to give an excuse "but what if Pizza is EVIL!?" The subtext being, if pizza flips scum, I look like a hero!
    Aliases Yakostovian

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Moderator notice: Stop swearing.

There could be a long and elaborate explanation that goes with this, but just stop. If you have to, use the daisy smiley () if necessary. If you do not, I will be making edits to posts to do this. No actual game content will be altered.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I plan on being fully up-to-date with the entire game by the time I go to bed tonight (in about 12-13 hours).
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Man, did not want to see that. Sucks...I'm inclined to vote for Novice out of respect for mislynching a town Pizza, almost feels like that is owed to him. Those two's fates were tied to each other. I guess I'll see how the night goes and if any new information arises, but if nothing new comes in I'm voting Novice. I don't think his self-pres and attitude adds to my suspicion, it really has no bearing on the course I want to take.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwood View Post
    Man, did not want to see that. Sucks...I'm inclined to vote for Novice out of respect for mislynching a town Pizza, almost feels like that is owed to him. Those two's fates were tied to each other. I guess I'll see how the night goes and if any new information arises, but if nothing new comes in I'm voting Novice. I don't think his self-pres and attitude adds to my suspicion, it really has no bearing on the course I want to take.
    Don't necessarily do this, we need to make sure they weren't both town first.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Don't necessarily do this, we need to make sure they weren't both town first.
    Well let us know what you think when you're done.
    @autolycus sup?
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Moderator notice: Stop swearing.

There could be a long and elaborate explanation that goes with this, but just stop. If you have to, use the daisy smiley () if necessary. If you do not, I will be making edits to posts to do this. No actual game content will be altered.
    acknowledged.

I'll be fine now that I've calmed down, just was pretty irritated at that lynch. Still am, but not to the point I can't restrain my frustration/vocabulary.

But it isn't JUST simple self-preservation. Novice even tries to give an excuse "but what if Pizza is EVIL!?" The subtext being, if pizza flips scum, I look like a hero!
    Dude, I made that statement after the lynch...

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    I'm not terribly impressed by you either friend.
    Oh?
    Manasi barely has a presence all day, and suddenly when she's getting votes and she's tied with someone else she pops in? And that within a minute of getting that vote?

Do not like. Also don't like her "Oh, I thought you read me town but you don't so you should die" turn on Pizza.
    This is an odd statement.

I don't want to waste a lynch on a townie who might die anyway sounds like a scum way of saying that you want two dead townies tbh.
    Interesting points.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast