Page 14 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: XCOM Mafia [Concluded]

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    I see what you mean about his small footprint, but it's not like he's been spamming on a single topic, the entire thread had a pretty small footprint last night. Do elaborate on the other points.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...post2053751825
    meta of dp scum.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...post2053751845
    taunty
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...post2053751852
    Doesn't match the above 2 posts. Bit wolfy.

Let me grab them for easier visibility.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    This is one of the fastest org games I've ever played sos.

Anything worth catching up on? I skimmed through ATPG isos.
    tl;Dr @Manasi

Dp101 is scum, you're welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Maybe looking at Csargo and how he's been weirdly aggressive in his pushing of me?
    ngl I'm kinda into it.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

This is one of the fastest org games I've ever played sos.

Anything worth catching up on? I skimmed through ATPG isos.
    What is this you're 3rd? Join me at the top.

It's beautiful up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Scum-DP is a slacker. Lots of excuses in the thread for not playing the game, meanwhile he's chatting away in the scum nest ^^
    Feeling the heat? :)
    If we're done bullying poor Dp101 we could move some votes on Auto to surprise him when he comes back!
    The Barto wagon could be juicy as well. You have my spiritual support on that.
    This is not the only place in Jowy's iso where he says one thing but does another.

The other big issue I have is he's asking Auto a ton of questions, after being told that Auto won't respond to pressure, then encourages people to pile up on him without waiting for answers.

That means he's got an agenda, and his process is for show, not something he's doing to solve the game from a zero info standpoint.

His process does not match his behavior, therefore, he's scum.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Now, beyond his superficial acting ability, I want to know where all the town reads on him came from.

Some people have better meta and experience with Jowy than me, which is all of zero.

If this read is wrong and this is how he usually is, you gotta tell me. Because he can be lynched anytime of anyday.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Maybe looking at Csargo and how he's been weirdly aggressive in his pushing of me?
    I mean it doesn't help that your vote is a thinly veiled OMGUS. That's not the best tbh.

Any specific reason for the "not good" read? I mean Dp piled onto your vague read as well with no chance to address what's scummy.

I mean is it the reaction test, the asking a questions about the Day 1 lynch meta, my read on Bart, stating things that stood out to me? I mean, it's cool that you read me bad, but you're also not giving me a chance to say anything about what you think is bad. Or is it just vague and indefensible at this point, I mean I"m not really getting blow back on the bart thing telling me I'm wrong either, so (shrug) I guess.

I would leave Dp101 alone today and lynch somewhere else.

Barto / Logic / Champ / Montmorency out of those who have been around.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwood View Post
    Any specific reason for the "not good" read? I mean Dp piled onto your vague read as well with no chance to address what's scummy.

I mean is it the reaction test, the asking a questions about the Day 1 lynch meta, my read on Bart, stating things that stood out to me? I mean, it's cool that you read me bad, but you're also not giving me a chance to say anything about what you think is bad. Or is it just vague and indefensible at this point, I mean I"m not really getting blow back on the bart thing telling me I'm wrong either, so (shrug) I guess.
    You don't feel townie to me.

Process is odd to me, lots of null posts and non-solving questions. Filler, to me.

I'm not planning on voting for you today, but you should focus more on finding townies and hunting scums than caring about my vague suspicions.

It's cool to care about my suspicions, but you should be doing something right now other than that / in addition to.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    This is not the only place in Jowy's iso where he says one thing but does another.

The other big issue I have is he's asking Auto a ton of questions, after being told that Auto won't respond to pressure, then encourages people to pile up on him without waiting for answers.

That means he's got an agenda, and his process is for show, not something he's doing to solve the game from a zero info standpoint.

His process does not match his behavior, therefore, he's scum.
    I'm suspicious of Dp101 but don't feel that the full focus on him is good for us. If he flips town, what have we really achieved today?

I asked Auto to post some reads when he comes back. That's not "a ton of questions". And like I said, I won't take your word on how someone is going to act. Pressuring people generally helps in getting something out of them. Maybe he's an anomaly like you say, but I'd rather find out myself.

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Forum ate my post, so here is the shorter version:

So as the basis for my read, does him rolling a random new guy for pressure give you any useful information? Do you think the answer is enough for me to reassess my read?

As for Cuth: I'm a stickler for misrepresentation usually but Cut's post didn't ping me as misrepresentation when I read it. I'll grant that I didn't look back at Monty and DP's interaction though.
    This pings to me as scummy. I can't put my finger on the "why"

Csargo's "I just wana eat" gif pings to me as scummy.

Dp101 isn't doing himself any favors, but I don't have him as near wolf as you guys do. I think his defensiveness is well within most the town range of most people

Crimson_snow was initially voting for no lynch. Pinged me later with this:
    So as the basis for my read, does him rolling a random new guy for pressure give you any useful information? Do you think the answer is enough for me to reassess my read?

As for Cuth: I'm a stickler for misrepresentation usually but Cut's post didn't ping me as misrepresentation when I read it. I'll grant that I didn't look back at Monty and DP's interaction though.
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson_snow View Post
    On a superficial level I can see it, but that feels much more player indicative than it does alignment indicative.

Contrary to my previous post, I did read all of Champs posts in isolation and my impression of him is not...someone that would bother closely reading the rules.

I just wanted you to explain it to see if it tracked as something that could be "angly" as I think you referred to the town read being, and I can see how you could have that read as a lean even if not the absolute confidence you expressed in it.
    While "contrarian" isn't exactly a wolf-tell, it is a bit anti-town.

I was considering placing a vote on the next highest wagon behind DP101, then I saw it was El Barto, being voted on by Fredwood and Crimson snow, and then immediately declined. Fredwood and Crimson Snow I think are much higher wolf candidates than Barto. Not sure who I'm voting for just yet, but I am going to Unvote: Winston Hughes while I am thinking about it.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Oh man tonal meme reads, where's GH, I need his pic.
    @Champ Am I doing it right?

I would leave Dp101 alone today and lynch somewhere else.

Barto / Logic / Champ / Montmorency out of those who have been around.
    I don't like any of those choices. They're all at best null reads for me. Except Monty, he's slightly scummy.

Well that new Logic post wasn't half bad.

Vote: Montmorency

Let's try this. Anyone got reads on the guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    I don't like any of those choices. They're all at best null reads for me. Except Monty, he's slightly scummy.
    Monty is a fine third party lynch, but in the past he's been pretty good about wrecking scum and being townsided as third party.

I don't feel he's scum team. I feel he's got no team at all, that's what's shining through his fog.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Is that because he's scummy and not in your wolf team, or why would you read someone as specifically a 3P?

Is that because he's scummy and not in your wolf team, or why would you read someone as specifically a 3P?
    Vote: Jowy
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Vote: Jowy
    Did that hit too close to home?

You don't feel townie to me.

Process is odd to me, lots of null posts and non-solving questions. Filler, to me.

I'm not planning on voting for you today, but you should focus more on finding townies and hunting scums than caring about my vague suspicions.

It's cool to care about my suspicions, but you should be doing something right now other than that / in addition to.
    lol

So what I saw with Barts vote and dismissal was a null push and asking non-solving questions? I don't see how, I literally said he was my top scummread today and stated why, then asked if I should rethink the read (no one has even addressed it outside of novice). I thought it was based on his lax pressure vote and ignoring of my response (which I thought was a bit scum), then cleared 3 people that I likely think are town. I have no input on the meta-analysis that is rampant currently, and I still gave my strongest reads with rather specific reasons for them.

And I am scum hunting, this is why I'm asking you this question. In my mind it was super specific in the reasons I was voting and not voting for those people (with the exception of CS),for you to say it wasn't either means there's a disconnect either intentionally or unintentionally. If it was a bad read for bad reasons, I can handle the critique, it's kind of why I'm playing here, to actually get better.

Pizza preferring to send a naked vote and ignoring my reply to him and my question to him is duly noted. His effort levels have been high, but actions will need to be towny as well otherwise his effort is just a smokescreen to excuse killing townies.

#Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

@Manasi

You seem to have missed it the first time, but I'd still like an answer to this:

Winston's entrance towny, Logic's reaction also towny.
    On both counts, why?

Incidentally, it took me nearly five minutes to work out how to do that mention.

Please feel free to laugh at my ineptitude, but remember that, with any luck, you'll all be old one day too.

Million Dollar Baby Member Champ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Oh man tonal meme reads, where's GH, I need his pic.
    @Champ Am I doing it right?
    what
    youre probably doing it right

I'll catch up properly later on, but a scan of events in my absence leaves Jowy, pizza, and Csargo looking good.

Jowy because if this is his scum game, it's improved radically since I saw it last.

pizza because it feels like he's more focused on actual scumhunting than the appearance thereof.

And Csargo because the only way I think he'd be having this much fun as scum is if pizza was his buddy.

Also, my gut agrees with pizza that Monty could be third party. In contrast to Csargo it doesn't feel like he's really enjoying himself, which would be unusual for him as either town or scum.

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    I'll catch up properly later on, but a scan of events in my absence leaves Jowy, pizza, and Csargo looking good.

Jowy because if this is his scum game, it's improved radically since I saw it last.

pizza because it feels like he's more focused on actual scumhunting than the appearance thereof.

And Csargo because the only way I think he'd be having this much fun as scum is if pizza was his buddy.

Also, my gut agrees with pizza that Monty could be third party. In contrast to Csargo it doesn't feel like he's really enjoying himself, which would be unusual for him as either town or scum.
    Got any suspects, as opposed to town reads?

This is one of the most sidelong ways to call someone a wolf I've ever seen.

Logic's mini-wall is slightly towny.

Page 14 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast