Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: XCOM Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [Game Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    No death means it's very likely someone townie-looking got doctored properly.

Which means I am going to reiterate my point about the top 4 posters not needing to be pushed today.

Also @Sooh, my love, my decision about you today will be based on what you put into it. Pre-emptively deciding you're not going to try looks bad.

Just find townies and find scums. I won't even deluge you with accusations. Have some space. Do your thing.

Then I'll judge.

It's as fair as I can be.

Same with Fredwood. On the chance his behavior is self-focused townie, my advice to him to break our deadlock is to have a better day 2. My feelings are on record, I don't have to reiterate them.
    Roleblock, bulletproof, MAFIA HOLSTER

But yeah, maybe.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    fzzt
    That's a good Cuth impersonation. Impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    @Dp101 Are we going to be friends today or nah?
    Maybe? Your little spat with Barto earlier looks weird, but I can't tell if it's scummy or not.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Maybe? Your little spat with Barto earlier looks weird, but I can't tell if it's scummy or not.
    For the love of everything you're testing my patience real hard Dp101, I extend an olive branch of peace and you throw it in my face.

For the love of everything you're testing my patience real hard Dp101, I extend an olive branch of peace and you throw it in my face.

What do you want from him? Submission? Fealty?

Surrender of his person so you can research his vivisected body for tech goodies?
    Vitiate Man.

How do you interpret that as throwing it in your face? I'm currently in a neutral position, far better than the outright scumreading of you I was doing earlier, and you call that completely rejecting peace?

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post

Surrender of his person so you can research his vivisected body for tech goodies?
    Seems not unlikely after that overreaction.

Cuth you going to explain the colorful votes from yesterday? I want that sweet, sweet intel.
    I think it might just be that zack explicitly said he doesn't care about color.

Member thankful for this post:

All those sound nice. I would like that v much.

Oops.

I'm gonna start using that then.

Vote:Manasi

Keep it legible please.

Cuth you going to explain the colorful votes from yesterday? I want that sweet, sweet intel.
    zack was going to ctrl+f

i decided why the heck not make them colorful

that's the long and short of it

this yeah

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [In Play]

This is what I'm looking at;

Now that a full day has completed, and we have a flip, my process is to imagine what I'd be doing as scum in this game (which is to barely meet expectations or happily not meet them), that's in-general. Then I look for specific behavior problems. People who meet expectations and aren't lock town can be scum having a good game. But I still don't lynch there for no reason. So, who is meeting or exceeding expectations well? Who is meeting their average expectations or less, or is otherwise bad for specific reasons? This is what I think about that.

Askthepizzaguy 141
    As I said, and my meta should show, this is one of the towniest games I've had in a long time. That's true even if my reads are no better than throwing darts. There's more to it than that, if I decided to make this game one of the best scum games I've ever done, out of nowhere. But, that's super dangerous in a game where it's even possible that there are vigs or third parties or serial killers or cops. And it's dangerous in general because it gets me dead. And if I don't get dead, everyone will wonder why I'm not dead come endgame.
    Why couldn't it be a slight tweak to be more engaged with D1 than you may have been in some other games? That's not exactly a radical departure, and if it's one of your best scum games, well that would surely be judged in retrospect.

What do you think the scums were doing on day one, if dp101 was town and csargo was town and Jowy was town? (the main lynch candidates)

Because my suspicions go to Fredwood, Sooh, and Manasi under such a metric. Not as a complete team, maybe 1 or 2 out of those 3.

You also cannot clear auto or bsmith, monty, winston, or barto, and maybe still have specific issues with dp's game despite his high post count, but I dunno. Need to re-read him again. And even those people you cannot clear, now you go through them specifically and see if you can't find more people you're not supposed to be lynching.

But I do think you back off csargo, crimson, me x1000, and even dp101 for at least 1 round. I think the day ones from all of those 4 warrant it.
    The other aspect of the multi-wagon you have discussed in the past is that it is often bad for scum precisely because they have not been able to avoid that distribution coming about. In that light it is plausible to see the Jowy lynch as involving at least 1 scum after the original 2 votes, a scum sufficiently dissociated from the thrust of the day and some of the specific wagons and their drivers, to come in and seal the deal before some townie shows up and places the exact wrong vote. There are so many scenarios involving this logic that one wouldn't even want to venture into them - well, other than someone like you. Why haven't you mentioned this possibility in its permutations, since it seems like just the sort of thing you would love to game out, if only for future reference.

Disagree about Manasi, she's played very similar to the last game I feel, until maybe EoD.
    Really? Manasi seems much more focused this game. Last game you were both quite flighty and lolcatty, not just under pressure but overall. Manasi's activity is more grounded in the game course - isn't yours as well?
    Vitiate Man.

How do you interpret that as throwing it in your face? I'm currently in a neutral position, far better than the outright scumreading of you I was doing earlier, and you call that completely rejecting peace?
    This is my problem with you. Every accusation you've thrown at me has been neutralish. You say I'm scummy, but then you come out the other side with 'it doesn't make sense' or some form of ambivalence, like you don't believe anything you're saying. You've done it numerous times, and it's never felt like you've actually thought I was scummy. This is my conundrum with you Dp101 this game.

Really? Manasi seems much more focused this game. Last game you were both quite flighty and lolcatty, not just under pressure but overall. Manasi's activity is more grounded in the game course - isn't yours as well?
    Not until EoD I'd disagree, felt pretty similar to me. Most recent stuff was definitely as you've described though, so I'm leaning Manasi town right now.

Unvote:

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Roleblock, bulletproof, MAFIA HOLSTER

I know you're not serious, but I think it's amazing that you'd even imagine that possibility. I don't think I've ever seen a holster night one from mafia.

I'm not implying anything here, it just never would cross my mind as a possibility.

The part of the game where protection is least likely to succeed, and it's the easiest to avoid obvious protection targets. Why would you ever holster on night one. Townies gotta die and they're everywhere. You can even use the kill to make yourself look good with levels and wifom. You don't have to attack someone you need dead. Attacking someone you don't need dead makes it hard to understand what the mafia's agenda is, it's basically just as good.

Like the time I nightkilled Alette, and everyone was like lol that kill sucked, and then it didn't suck after all.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I'm gonna start using that then.

Vote:Manasi
    My eyes! God that's awful.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I know you're not serious, but I think it's amazing that you'd even imagine that possibility. I don't think I've ever seen a holster night one from mafia.

I'm not implying anything here, it just never would cross my mind as a possibility.

The part of the game where protection is least likely to succeed, and it's the easiest to avoid obvious protection targets. Why would you ever holster on night one. Townies gotta die and they're everywhere. You can even use the kill to make yourself look good with levels and wifom. You don't have to attack someone you need dead. Attacking someone you don't need dead makes it hard to understand what the mafia's agenda is, it's basically just as good.

Like the time I nightkilled Alette, and everyone was like lol that kill sucked, and then it didn't suck after all.
    What game was that?

I fell out of my chair when he said holster tbh.

My eyes! God that's awful.
    I think you mean beautiful my good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    zack was going to ctrl+f

i decided why the heck not make them colorful

that's the long and short of it
    Lesson learned: Don't be a unique individual.

It was this close to being a lost wolf tinfoil after townreading you, just so you know.

That might have been the dumbest lynch you'd ever get, and I'm pretty sure you've been the subject of some dumb lynches before.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

What game was that?

I fell out of my chair when he said holster tbh.
    The all caps sold it.

That's the reason why I felt like he was joking. There are times when I can't even tell.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

The all caps sold it.

That's the reason why I felt like he was joking. There are times when I can't even tell.
    I may have been joking about one of the three things?
    Vitiate Man.

What game was that?
    This

Alette is Scarlett Aria. No one figured out why she died ever. Scum did great.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Lesson learned: Don't be a unique individual.

It was this close to being a lost wolf tinfoil after townreading you, just so you know.

That might have been the dumbest lynch you'd ever get, and I'm pretty sure you've been the subject of some dumb lynches before.
    i care

very, very, very little

This

Alette is Scarlett Aria. No one figured out why she died ever. Scum did great.
    We were talking about it earlier, but she couldn't remember the name. I can see why.

So don't make wall posts cus none of you moths read them, because I've cleared like 4 people already, and have said I'd like to clear a few more but have concerns.

I doubt I'll be scum hunting this phase cus you guys are meanies and the last time I scum hunted I was treated like the lady at the Supermarket that starts yelling about the potatoes not being arranged properly.

BRB going to therapist.

"Anybody know a good therapist?"

Why couldn't it be a slight tweak to be more engaged with D1 than you may have been in some other games? That's not exactly a radical departure, and if it's one of your best scum games, well that would surely be judged in retrospect.
    I have a long, meandering response to this that I feel would be better read in postgame so it won't be read as something I'd say to win a game. It's about my approach as either alignment and it's so self-focused that I don't feel it would do anything here but distract from the work that needs to be done, and I spent way more time on it than I should have.

I'm saving it to a wordpad, you can see it in postgame.

The extremely short version is that it's better for me specifically to invest early as town because I tend to die one way or the other, so if I'm gonna catch a scum or stop bad lynches I need to do it now, and it's better for me specifically to invest less as mafia under many different circumstances (including day 1s), because people see more posts of mine, they tend to find things to tinfoil over. This is only not true if there are a ton of overperforming townies. I can find several select games where town had enormous investment and therefore I had to match it, but this is extremely rare. And truth be told, even in games where I couldn't match it, I still did okay, bafflingly. It's also good to give people less info about my team from spew, and my goal is simply to cause damage as scum. Not survive. Sometimes it happens anyway.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast