Page 43 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 2226

Thread: XCOM Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwood View Post
    I meant with in specifics to his effort, you said it's within his scum meta to put in that effort.

I'm scumrreading him for many of the same things you were, just I was having a hard time reconciling the tonal read I had on some of his posts that read as excitement to me and the amount of effort he's putting into the game, even in light of the somewhat manipulated ISO's
    oh yeah

he's not clearable based off of volume or effort under any circumstances whatever

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [Game Thread]

Cuth your post about novice is good. Does novice usually sit back and play it safely as scum? I could see a lot of instances in your post that aren't necessarily indicative of townieness, but would depend on the player. Scum can't constantly sit back, or else they'll be pretty obviously coasting. I could see a couple of those actions as safe scum plays, specifically defending Dp and pushing pizza on Jowy. Overall though, I kinda think you're right, but I still have my reservations about both of them honestly. I need to read you're big post now, and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    i'm not reading pizza scum for META, but rather for inconsistencies in pov/actions

no idea about meta tbh, it's all over the place

last i heard votecount was 4-3-3 novice/pizza/manasi

Also

Vote: Pizza I don't like that distribution at all.

Really hard to call, eh Barto? On one hand, novice don't look hisself and this may be our only shot to provisionally clear Pizza and wield his great town power against our enemies. On the other hand, we could be fools to pass up the best opportunity imaginable to lynch Pizza, and get all that sweet spew from D1 and the TDome distribution.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Cuth your post about novice is good. Does novice usually sit back and play it safely as scum? I could see a lot of instances in your post that aren't necessarily indicative of townieness, but would depend on the player. Scum can't constantly sit back, or else they'll be pretty obviously coasting. I could see a couple of those actions as safe scum plays, specifically defending Dp and pushing pizza on Jowy. Overall though, I kinda think you're right, but I still have my reservations about both of them honestly. I need to read you're big post now, and see.
    i don't think i've played against him as scum either

but he doesn't seem like the kind of player who'd be overly aggressive in unnecessary situations

if you're still townreading pizza i'd be totally cool with that if you'd prefer a lynch on gh or something

because i'm not 100% or anything on him and i would feel bad about tunneling and leading a lynch on town pizza

and you do have more experience

just, talk to me about it

talk me through what i've put itt or specific reasons you find pizza towny

i don't think novice should be on the table at all today

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Really hard to call, eh Barto? On one hand, novice don't look hisself and this may be our only shot to provisionally clear Pizza and wield his great town power against our enemies. On the other hand, we could be fools to pass up the best opportunity imaginable to lynch Pizza, and get all that sweet spew from D1 and the TDome distribution.
    or they're v/v

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Could be Town PR, hypothetically. Could be poison resistance. Could be scum self-protect. IDK

One concern here is two players making ultimate PR claims in the same EOD.

This is going to be WIFOM night, you realize.

Pizza needs to wake up.
    What I read here is that Monty is either a.) Being facetious or b.) Wants to save teammate pizza.

Are there other options I should be considering?
    Aliases Yakostovian

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Why do you mention Barto?

or they're v/v
    I think this will be a 4-scum team (+neutral), or a 3-scum team and 2 neutral/1neutral+1hostile3P. First, because it's Zack's game and Futuramafia had 4 scum and semi-hostile 3P (although there were 22 players). Second, we're getting the picture that this is a role-heavy game - just like Futuramafia. Third, XCom flavor contains justification (see DP).

Difficult to see v/v between novice and Pizza. Too small a possibility to reject a TDome by.
    Vitiate Man.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

i don't think i've played against him as scum either

but he doesn't seem like the kind of player who'd be overly aggressive in unnecessary situations

if you're still townreading pizza i'd be totally cool with that if you'd prefer a lynch on gh or something

because i'm not 100% or anything on him and i would feel bad about tunneling and leading a lynch on town pizza

and you do have more experience

just, talk to me about it

talk me through what i've put itt or specific reasons you find pizza towny

i don't think novice should be on the table at all today
    Honestly, you may be right about Pizza, but the problem is he's pretty consistent as both alignments iirc. This could definitely be scum pizza, pushing mislynches with overconfidence and misdirection. He's fairly confident in general though, and pretty firm in his convictions. Feel like townie pizza would have pushed the same way tbh. It's honestly just a coinflip, and it's why he's gotten paranoia lynched so many times. Everything you posted could be completely correct, and it was all smoke&mirrors/misdirection from ATPG, but it could also be genuine townie conviction and self-confidence in his reads. It's really 50-50 in my mind, because it's just so difficult to sort out. I'd rather not lynch him today tbh, because that would be a paranoia lynch from me, rather than him being scum read. He's definitely trending down for me atm, for not responding to your posts. He's still slight town/high null for me atm, so I'm not going to vote there.

Caveat: I've had sporadic encounters with ATPG over the time we've played here, so my insight isn't necessarily great when it comes to reading him. This all from memory over the years.*

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    What I read here is that Monty is either a.) Being facetious or b.) Wants to save teammate pizza.

Are there other options I should be considering?
    Try this.

Vitiate Man.

Difficult to see v/v between novice and Pizza. Too small a possibility to reject a TDome by.
    Futuramafia flashbacks intensify.

Honestly, you may be right about Pizza, but the problem is he's pretty consistent as both alignments iirc. This could definitely be scum pizza, pushing mislynches with overconfidence and misdirection. He's fairly confident in general though, and pretty firm in his convictions. Feel like townie pizza would have pushed the same way tbh. It's honestly just a coinflip, and it's why he's gotten paranoia lynched so many times. Everything you posted could be completely correct, and it was all smoke&mirrors/misdirection from ATPG, but it could also be genuine townie conviction and self-confidence in his reads. It's really 50-50 in my mind, because it's just so difficult to sort out. I'd rather not lynch him today tbh, because that would be a paranoia lynch from me, rather than him being scum read. He's definitely trending down for me atm, for not responding to your posts. He's still slight town/high null for me atm, so I'm not going to vote there.

Caveat: I've had sporadic encounters with ATPG over the time we've played here, so my insight isn't necessarily great when it comes to reading him. This all from memory over the years.*
    i like this response

and it makes me scrunch up the tinfoil i had on you and throw it in the wastebasket for now

all good

Honestly, you may be right about Pizza, but the problem is he's pretty consistent as both alignments iirc. This could definitely be scum pizza, pushing mislynches with overconfidence and misdirection. He's fairly confident in general though, and pretty firm in his convictions. Feel like townie pizza would have pushed the same way tbh. It's honestly just a coinflip, and it's why he's gotten paranoia lynched so many times. Everything you posted could be completely correct, and it was all smoke&mirrors/misdirection from ATPG, but it could also be genuine townie conviction and self-confidence in his reads. It's really 50-50 in my mind, because it's just so difficult to sort out. I'd rather not lynch him today tbh, because that would be a paranoia lynch from me, rather than him being an actual scum read. He's definitely trending down for me atm, for not responding to your posts. He's still slight town/high null for me atm, so I'm not going to vote there.

Dang words are getting away from me.

Cuth, under what conditions do you see your reveal paying off, if Pizza is not lynched today, or novice is not lynched today?

People whom I have no interest in lynching right now:
    CSnow
    Fredwood
    Cuth
    Csargo
    Winston

Meh:
    Barto
    Manasi
    Sooh
    DP

People who need to die:
    Logic
    GH
    Pizza-novice TDome

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Futuramafia flashbacks intensify.
    Do tell.
    Vitiate Man.

This is where I'm basically at, except for the attitude towards avoiding a paranoia lynch. I feel that there have been clear and obvious manipulations by Pizza, and I would much rather punish a bad town game from him than lose to a scum pizza that makes those kinds of missteps.

Do tell.
    It just reminded me of how I lost that game.

Redshirt Member Smack the Rabbit Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Gunman Champion, Fly Sui Champion, The Streaker Champion, Ninja Turtles 1 Champion, Speedy Thief Champion, War In Iraq Champion, Yankee Go Home Champion Logic's Avatar

Cuth, under what conditions do you see your reveal paying off, if Pizza is not lynched today, or novice is not lynched today?

CSnow
    Fredwood
    Cuth
    Csargo
    Winston

Meh:
    Barto
    Manasi
    Sooh
    DP

People who need to die:
    Logic
    GH
    Pizza-novice TDome

Do tell.
    I'm rather curious as to how I've made your "must-kill" list. C-Snow is the only one I push down one tier, and I agree that GH and novice look less than good. But what has compelled you to rate me so lowly?
    Aliases Yakostovian

CSnow
    Fredwood
    Cuth
    Csargo
    Winston

Meh:
    Barto
    Manasi
    Sooh
    DP

People who need to die:
    Logic
    GH
    Pizza-novice TDome

Do tell.
    in the world where pizza claims something, we lynch a different potential scum, let night actions and claims sort him out

i just wanted to be straight forward and avoid the whole pizza

I AM A SUPER BEST TOWN ROLE BUT IT WOULD BE STUPID ON YOUR PARTS IF YOU MADE ME CLAIM

IM TOWN REALLY GREAT TOWN ROLE BUT USELESS IF I REVEAL CMON

i agree with your want to lynch, am townreading a couple of people you read null

i think we have this game under wraps as long as we lynch one of pizza or gh today

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm rather curious as to how I've made your "must-kill" list. C-Snow is the only one I push down one tier, and I agree that GH and novice look less than good. But what has compelled you to rate me so lowly?
    what has compelled you not to mention atpg

Monty climbing up the read list for his placement of logic. He was the one I was referring to about wanting to pursue tomorrow.

Still too loopy to post a case currently, and need to make sure I'm not crazy and I'm not in the state of mind to do so.

I'm still not particularly impress with Dp101, ATPG said he'd post himself clear by D3? and I'm not seeing much out of him to feel confident in that assertion by Pizza. His reads post was about the only thing that I've really thought was positive, the rest was pretty meh imo. I won't vote there today because I promised peace in our time, but just saying.

I honestly hated GH's entrance into the thread, it was pretty bad. Didn't like his tone either, or his case on me. Nothing really popped out as townie.

Not sure what it is about Barto, but I'm not a fan this game. Interaction with Fredwood, I thought was just not particularly townie. His tone hasn't been particularly great as of late either.

Feel a bit better about Sooh today, so I don't want to lynch there.

Logic is still slight scummy to me from D1, and hasn't really improved in my memory.

I'd like to lynch in Barto and Logic today I think. I'll give GH the benefit of the doubt and see what happens tomorrow, just like Dp.

Vote:El Barto

I will vote to save Manasi or ATPG, should the tallies not change, because they're my town reads atm. You've been warned.

what has compelled you not to mention atpg
    Because I haven't changed my mind on him since I last mentioned him.

Monty I'd put on the bottom of my "meh" list.
    Aliases Yakostovian

I'm still not particularly impress with Dp101, ATPG said he'd post himself clear by D3? and I'm not seeing much out of him to feel confident in that assertion by Pizza. His reads post was about the only thing that I've really thought was positive, the rest was pretty meh imo. I won't vote there today because I promised peace in our time, but just saying.

I honestly hated GH's entrance into the thread, it was pretty bad. Didn't like his tone either, or his case on me. Nothing really popped out as townie.

Not sure what it is about Barto, but I'm not a fan this game. Interaction with Fredwood, I thought was just not particularly townie. His tone hasn't been particularly great as of late either.

Feel a bit better about Sooh today, so I don't want to lynch there.

Logic is still slight scummy to me from D1, and hasn't really improved in my memory.

I'd like to lynch in Barto or Logic today I think. I'll give GH the benefit of the doubt and see what happens tomorrow, just like Dp.

Vote:El Barto

I will vote to save Manasi or ATPG, should the tallies not change, because they're my town reads atm. You've been warned.
    I'm still bad at words.

Timer:

Day 2 ends in:

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Official Tally as of #1132

----

Day 2 ends in:

----
    annoying.

dgfashkadgsdjdfskljdgs

I'm off to bed. My vote will remain. G'night all.
    Aliases Yakostovian

I'm still bad at words.
    If you save Pizza by lynching Novice and Novice flips town, where you at then with Pizza?

In case of CFD:

Winston
    Cuth
    Fredwood
    Csargo

Meh:
    Pizza
    Barto
    Dp101
    Bsmith
    Manasi
    Sooh
    Monty

People who need to die:
    GH
    novice

Monty left Bsmith off his list initially, which I don't blame him, considering how little Bsmith has been around.
    Aliases Yakostovian

Page 43 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast