Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: XCOM Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [In Play]

Alright.

Theatrics may perhaps be excitement to play after not having done so for a while. Same with the excessive ISOing.

You can be town, but I reserve the right to tinfoil at any moment in time. I still feel eeeeehhhhh, but I'll let it go. Who knows, perhaps the scums think our thunderdome is exciting enough to let us both live to fight each other another day :P

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Maybe Pizza is town after all, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Maybe Pizza is town after all, I dunno.
    Yeah. It seems kind of like his annoyed "Now I'm being suspected for ridiculous reasons again" personality.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Pizza is town, and if you disagree I'll fite you all!

Nah, but really, pretty sure he's town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Pizza is town, and if you disagree I'll fite you all!

Nah, but really, pretty sure he's town.
    Everybody has their process. If I didn't have a process with him I'd never feel comfortable calling him that this game.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Everybody has their process. If I didn't have a process with him I'd never feel comfortable calling him that this game.
    Yes.

Why are you not scum? Or are you scum? Which one is it?

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Alright.

Theatrics may perhaps be excitement to play after not having done so for a while. Same with the excessive ISOing.

You can be town, but I reserve the right to tinfoil at any moment in time. I still feel eeeeehhhhh, but I'll let it go. Who knows, perhaps the scums think our thunderdome is exciting enough to let us both live to fight each other another day :P
    I am well-rested from playing games, haven't been town a ton lately, and this day one had actual substance.

If I don't have exactly this level of effort under those circumstances, you pretty much should always lynch me. Quote this post when you do.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Yes.

Why are you not scum? Or are you scum? Which one is it?
    Pls don't ask me to analyze myself and defend myself without accusations. I can't deal with that again.

I'm not scum. I'll try to show you over the next day, little by little.

Pls don't ask me to analyze myself and defend myself without accusations. I can't deal with that again.

I'm not scum. I'll try to show you over the next day, little by little.
    Fine. Fine. Fine. Fine. Fine. Fine.

brb

This is what I'm looking at;

Now that a full day has completed, and we have a flip, my process is to imagine what I'd be doing as scum in this game (which is to barely meet expectations or happily not meet them), that's in-general. Then I look for specific behavior problems. People who meet expectations and aren't lock town can be scum having a good game. But I still don't lynch there for no reason. So, who is meeting or exceeding expectations well? Who is meeting their average expectations or less, or is otherwise bad for specific reasons? This is what I think about that.

Askthepizzaguy 141
    As I said, and my meta should show, this is one of the towniest games I've had in a long time. That's true even if my reads are no better than throwing darts. There's more to it than that, if I decided to make this game one of the best scum games I've ever done, out of nowhere. But, that's super dangerous in a game where it's even possible that there are vigs or third parties or serial killers or cops. And it's dangerous in general because it gets me dead. And if I don't get dead, everyone will wonder why I'm not dead come endgame.

Dp101 93
    This is the best thing in dp's favor right now. He may be capable of this as scum, but there are so many ways he could have taken it easier on himself, and so many ways he could have screwed things up in a much more definite manner. I still have issues with his game, but I think it's looking more and more in line with how he described his own day 1s. He's just not in his comfort zone yet. But, he's not stopping what he's doing, and questionable is the worst he ever looked. More questionable than most on day one, but it can be a false positive.

Csargo 91
    Much of his iso is low-content spammy stuff, but let's be clear. This is csargo's greatest scum game of all time, or his greatest town game of all time. And given how I'm approaching d1 in the generic sense, I don't favor the former theory. I favor the latter. If he's not dead come endgame, re-assess. But never lynch him d2.

crimson_snow 66
    This was a really good day for him, regardless of who he is.

Manasi 52
    Manasi is within her range as wolf or town. I haven't got a true scum read on her yet, I have some worries and concerns. But she should be looked at for specific reasons. These reasons can be wrong. But if the scum team has a high-poster, it's probably this person.

Cuthillius 50
    I think Cuth looks pretty solid. He's not as solid as many of my town reads but this is him at least hitting his own hurdle of towniness.

Jowy 39
    Now I know better and will be able to read Jowy better in the future, and kudos to those who read him right based on his meta. Apparently he is straightforward to read, but his process is just like nails on chalkboard to me. At one point he put csargo in his town core and then voted him. This is part of the problem I have with Jowy. Now, it is still MY fault I didn't read him right. But it's gotta be understandable. Even if you know Jowy better. His process was not the same as his votes, and I always vote someone who does that, and it's usually right.

novice 35
    This is within his range. I think he hit his hurdle but he's not clear.

El Barto 28
    He's not particularly spammy and I have mixed feelings. That's the generics. Specifically, I think he's not clear, but even so, many of his posts look ok and I can go into why.

Sooh 26
    Her d1 had slank cover so let's call it NAI until I see her day 2. Specifically, however, I take issue with her reads and the way she read both me and fredwood in particular. It has to be discussed and analyzed, you can't let that go. You don't always lynch her, but you have to examine it.

Montmorency 22
    He's got enormous range and is indecipherable to read. That said, in general, he didn't do much on day 1 and I'm not convinced he's towning. I think neutral is a strong possibility. I don't want to speculate that much, because unless I have a specifically scum read on him, I don't push him. I think he can be a lynch option, but we've got better info lynches than Monty.

Champ 18
    I haven't played with champ that much, but this is an improvement over his previous game. That said, for reasons given that others have noted, he'd pretty much have to step it up if he rolled scum. So, specifically, this doesn't help.

Winston Hughes 17
    Winston can do more than this, but he can also have a low day 1. It's not strongly indicative. Specifically, there were several posts from him that I liked. But he's not clear.

Logic 14
    He comes from a place where posting twice a round flies. This is a good day one for him. I cannot lock him townie yet, but he's a solid town read.

Fredwood 13
    This is what I'm concerned with.

BSmith 2
    This is normal BSmith, and definitely how he'd play it as scum. And, I might even say, I've seen much better day 1s from him.

autolycus 1
    This is below what we know he's capable of. That said, it's not atypical of him. So he's not clear.

What do you think the scums were doing on day one, if dp101 was town and csargo was town and Jowy was town? (the main lynch candidates)

Because my suspicions go to Fredwood, Sooh, and Manasi under such a metric. Not as a complete team, maybe 1 or 2 out of those 3.

You also cannot clear auto or bsmith, monty, winston, or barto, and maybe still have specific issues with dp's game despite his high post count, but I dunno. Need to re-read him again. And even those people you cannot clear, now you go through them specifically and see if you can't find more people you're not supposed to be lynching.

But I do think you back off csargo, crimson, me x1000, and even dp101 for at least 1 round. I think the day ones from all of those 4 warrant it.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Remember what you said about me earlier in D1 Pizza, that's how I feel right now. You're taking me for a ride, but it's fun so I'm okay with it for now.

Don't like Sooh's iso. Questions are questionable, not much there if I'm honest. Reads list is all kinds of weird to me. Disagree about Manasi, she's played very similar to the last game I feel, until maybe EoD. I've got Barto as null, I don't see him as overly suspicious or townie. Logic I kind of agree with. Crimson_snow I don't know, haven't gotten a terribly townie vibe from him. ATPG slight town, so disagree with that as well. Tone is worrying as well.

Not in response to your latest post, just a thought while I'm cooking dinner.

Csargo, you are in my town far enough that I'm not gonna tell you to pull back from suspecting dp101. That's up to you whether or not to assess him differently, and I am eager to see his day 2 to see if I can assess him differently as well. But, one of the dangers of focusing on the same people each round is that by endgame, a lot of people were never under any pressure.

As of right now, I think day 2 needs to be about Fredwood and Sooh.

Between Bsmith and Sooh, due to the vote placed on her, I lynch sooh first. If sooh is scum, bsmith just got clear. That's an excellent get for a very hard to read slot. Until Sooh looks townier, that's my default decision between those two unclears.

Between Manasi and Sooh, it's really up to their respective day 2s. I think Manasi is more townie than Sooh, but I don't discount it the other way or both. I think it's less and less likely they're both town.

Fredwood didn't get pushed or talked about much and he was mainly defensive, not solving. He's my number 1 at the moment.

Alternatively, some people who are vaguely town or nullish can also be examined and pushed. But I would like the above folks to be a big part of the discussion, especially if I die tonight.

It doesn't mean they're scum if I do, but look at them, as my request.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Previous game on this site. Town pizza. Sooh was in it.

This is my 6th post of that game, extremely early in the round, in fact, so early that I got some guff for even having a reads list. I don't waste time getting down to business and trying to town-read people based off of anything they can give me as early as possible, mainly because the random vote stage and joke vote stage is utterly useless to an analyst.

Sooh: "Throughout the day he does a ton of analysis, which for the time of the game and the state of the game I'd say is redundant at that point."

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

reactions at the time, followed by my justification:

Note the bolded.

How I ended the day 1 of that game: By voting specifically to protect my town read. Which lynched a scum. Then I shot one that night. Why? Because I try to find as many townies as possible as early as possible so that these early rounds aren't all faffing and wasted time.
    Sooh, my dear, you aren't right this game.
    In FrenchRev you were much more measured and cautious D1.

As for the next post, in visorSmallGame, while you were an early sub and it wasn't D1, through the late game (d3-4) you worked very hard to find townies. You made similarly elaborate cases on why so and so is probs town due to voting and process, while other so and so are probs partners because whatever - please work with me you townies, I know you are town because bla, if you think I'm scum then lynch me and we lose. And then you flipped all the reads and rhetoric, with equal reasoning and rhetoric and conviction. It was all part of playing the field to create the situation that you want. You are kind of similar to that late-game pizza so far.

Just noting a few things that weaken the overall comparisons.

Won't read the rest of night posts till later.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Still need to read second half of d1 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwood View Post
    I meant Pizza there not CS.
    I like the biography post but I know others wouldn't. Yet I can't say on what account. Reaction test?
    Vitiate Man.

Not "biography", big post. The one by fredwood tonight.
    Vitiate Man.

Not going to be around rest of night and probably not first 12-24 hours of D2 (if alive).

Still think Champ is very likely a wolf. I'd like to look into El Barto and Fred a bit closer on D2 - think they have pretty high wolf equity. Decent odds one of our low/no posters is a wolf too, but no real way to solve those slots yet so shrug.

Fairly sure Pizza is town, though the way he's handling Champ makes me worry that they're plausible partners. He keeps doing the "He's not townie but he's still better than last game and hey look at all these other people" thing, when I don't think Champ being better than last game is at all a reasonable take to have because he's not...posting or participating. He has two game related posts, a naked vote on the mislynch wagon, and calling Csargo town. That's it.

Sooh is a possible wolf. The catchup felt sort of superficial and going-through-the-motions, but that's mitigated by RL circumstances + EoD. There's just no real depth there.

Kind of having trouble really getting town reads as easily as I'd like given I don't know anyone very well, and there's very few people displaying conventional drive to solve the game. I kind of think Csargo is town just for going against the grain a little bit on the read of me - I feel like wolves are better at reading the room, and identifying when someone is obviously town and widely town read and just go with it. There are better places to open up possible mislynches. It's thin, but it is what it is.

I should probably try to point out what I want to look at in El Barto in case I get dunked in the night or something - I quoted (and voted for him due to) an early post of him where he kind of encouraged the pressure on DP, but didn't vote him. He did vote him after that vote and fleshed it out more, but if DP is town it feels pretty wolfy. Comes into thread and sees Pizza/Csargo bullying DP due to ??? reasons and eggs it on without actually voting there felt off.

The fact that I don't actually have a great read on DP himself is the main reason I swapped off El Barto because that's never a way someone handles a partner getting pressure I don't think. You either commit to it or you defend you don't just kind of egg them on. If I had to bet the game on guessing his alignment I'd say town, but there's very little confidence in that. I didn't like the way he was being pressured, but I've kind of come around to most of the people pressuring him being town, so that's not indicative of someone being piledriven by wolves.

I'd be kind of surprised if both Manasi and Cuth are town, but that's in that holistic kind of probability thing where they're both posting a bit but don't feel super high impact. That blending middle ground wolves so often exist in. I'll try to shore up these reads on D2 I think.

Novice should maybe be included in that grouping since I remember literally nothing they've done off top of my head. Reminder for future Crimson to re-read them. And Montemorency. And Logic.

I recall liking a post or two Winston made, but not recalling why I liked them. I also recall there just not being many of them so, there's that I guess.

I kind of hope at least one of BSmith and Autolycus is a wolf because town's probably in trouble if no posters are mislynches/misvigs. That's pretty much the extent of my feelings/reads on those slots.

Just dashed vague thoughts off here quick and I guess realized I don't have as many firm reads as I'd like after D1, but alas, life goes on. Be back in a day or so.

I love the "Sooh must be a wolf. Let's have D2 be about her before she gets a chance to get into the game"

Good plan guys. Really going to make me want to read and do the work.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by crimson_snow View Post

Sooh is a possible wolf. The catchup felt sort of superficial and going-through-the-motions, but that's mitigated by RL circumstances + EoD. There's just no real depth there.
    Catchup started 1 am and ended 3am. Sorry for no depth at that time of night. Not sure what you expect tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Still need to read second half of d1 posts.

I like the biography post but I know others wouldn't. Yet I can't say on what account. Reaction test?
    Barto voted me to open the day with a random vote, which felt strange because I was a new player, didn't know what it would really accomplish. I chose to ignore it to see if he brought it up, he did, and then I gave kind of a scummy answer. He never addressed it an moved the vote. I was expecting to see some kind of push back, otherwise why bother voting in the first place.

I don't know about big posts, other's seem to do it a lot, the good news is that there's not a lot of them because I do kind of get lost in the meta analysis.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Missed giving a read on Champ.

I don't think his vote on Jowy was scummy, and I don't think he really needed to put a 4th vote on Jowy because I don't think Csargo was scum in need of rescuing.

Still, I can't give out town points for that vote. It can be a scum vote approximately the same frequency I'd say as randing scum in the first place.
    No need to rescue Csargo? 50% of the votes on Csargo were cast by proven Innocents.
    I really don't know what flinching is, so not sure how it would be textbook. I was checking in on the thread but there still no interaction with the post and more things that I had no reason to weigh in on, kind of interesting that there was pushback on it once it seemed certain I was not active in the thread. Seems convenient coupled with the fact that there was a number of people who "bugged" off after a period of time. Inconsistent stance. Pocketing the other top poster, focusing down easy mislynches (the new guy, the quiet guy, the inactive guy), using volume as a defense. I'll be inclined to think that I won't be voting for anyone who Pizza is voting for anytime soon, If you aren't scum I have 0 percent faith in your reads especially with them being so flimsy.

Good feels about: CSargo, novice, and DP because of Barto, Cuth I liked the chunk of time he was active.

People I want to feel good about: Sooh, reads are mindmelding, but have concerns about buddying (was a recent victim of buddying so I'm still scurred). Winston...if anything for him aggressively going after someone everyone seems to be afraid of. CS belittling him and dismissing him is another good look for Winston in a game where Pizza is scum.

I've noticed Logic's posts, but I haven't formulated a read yet.

Lol nice try, I reaction tested you and you failed miserably, wasn't OMGUS. I may be new to this site, but I'm not new. So good job just enforcing my stance on you by trying to misrepresent my argument.
    If you go for not knowing what flinching is then the rest of your post is meaningless.

Once the sun is up I am voting for you unless we get a better candidate.
    Actually now that I think of it, I might be mixing the hydra and the crossover game. The underlying point I was making doesn't change though.
    But the hydra game had more than one person on each account… get back to your normal sleeping schedules.

Manasi is within her range as wolf or town. I haven't got a true scum read on her yet, I have some worries and concerns. But she should be looked at for specific reasons. These reasons can be wrong. But if the scum team has a high-poster, it's probably this person.
    What are these ‘reasons’? It is not like you to just say ‘because reasons’.
    Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy
    [El Barto]'s not particularly spammy and I have mixed feelings. That's the generics. Specifically, I think he's not clear, but even so, many of his posts look ok and I can go into why.
    I wonder what I have done this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy
    Fredwood 13
    This is what I'm concerned with.
    Do elaborate…
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Barto voted me to open the day with a random vote, which felt strange because I was a new player, didn't know what it would really accomplish. I chose to ignore it to see if he brought it up, he did, and then I gave kind of a scummy answer. He never addressed it an moved the vote. I was expecting to see some kind of push back, otherwise why bother voting in the first place.

I don't know about big posts, other's seem to do it a lot, the good news is that there's not a lot of them because I do kind of get lost in the meta analysis.
    Do you really not know what a random vote is?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

As to being defensive, I can't really be defensive if there isn't actually a case. I'm asking to defend myself, but aside from just saying I think Fred is scum I'm not really seeing any actual effort into seeing if I'm scum.

Also getting the whole, he's not scumhunting stick is garbage, I gave my read on multiple people and cleared a number of them who I wasn't going to pursue tomorrow. I mean I understand if Pizza keeps repeating the same accusation over and over again it will be thought into existence as groupthink, but I don't think the whole "He's not trying to scumhunt clear town" really holds weight, especially if you're asking it from other people.

I will say, I very much expect to lose a Pizza v Fred square off in this environment, but it should be fun and maybe contribute to the town solving the game.

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Do you really not know what a random vote is?
    Yes I know what random is, my point is that it wasn't a random vote. It was a faux vote on a target not likely to be lynched day 1 to look like you're participating. If it was a random vote and I dismiss your pressure in a garbage way. Why do you say NOTHING? The reaction test was to see if it was genuinely a random vote, or just a disguised one. From my perspective it was just a disguised one.

Why bother voting if you're just going to give up that easy and not even mention it until I bring it up again? I don't see another reason other then I what I've said for not following through or even at least mentioning it.

Yes I know what random is, my point is that it wasn't a random vote.
    Images are better than words at this juncture.

Okay, I'm with Sooh now, I'm not liking Barto at all.

Et tu, Csargo?

You've suddenly forgotten that my very first vote in each and every game is a random vote?

Also, what's with your sudden change of vote late in the game?

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Yes I know what random is, my point is that it wasn't a random vote. It was a faux vote on a target not likely to be lynched day 1 to look like you're participating. If it was a random vote and I dismiss your pressure in a garbage way. Why do you say NOTHING? The reaction test was to see if it was genuinely a random vote, or just a disguised one. From my perspective it was just a disguised one.

Why bother voting if you're just going to give up that easy and not even mention it until I bring it up again? I don't see another reason other then I what I've said for not following through or even at least mentioning it.
    I think it's pretty clear that the vote was only intended as a joke, and that there is no reason to assume that Barto was trying to get town point/look active by making it. Not sure why you think he's so scummy because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that the vote was only intended as a joke, and that there is no reason to assume that Barto was trying to get town point/look active by making it. Not sure why you think he's so scummy because of this.
    First time Joke has been brought up, even by him. Plus he reiterated that he was voting for me after I purposefully ignored it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Images are better than words at this juncture.

Cute, you're trying to be cute now. So you always make pointless votes that accomplishes nothing and even ignore responses to them that are scummy...cool. I'm convinced now.

Making random votes on Day One as a joke is something of a tradition here, Mr. Wood.

Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast