Thread: Terrorist Knife attack at Turku FInland

Default Terrorist Knife attack at Turku FInland

As you do not seem to have a thread concerning the massacre at Barcelona either. First i would like to give my condolences to the families of those hurt or died there.

Yesterday the Wahhabist hand reached Finland as well. 8 hospitalized and 2 dead, by an 18 year old Moroccan male. Thankfully some of the the crowd at Turku interfered the attacker and chased him until police stopped him with a pistol shot to the thigh. Without it could have been worse.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/18/eu...ing/index.html
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Default Re: Terrorist Knife attack at Turku FInland

I'm sorry for those who lost their lives, health or loved ones.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am the one who seems to usually post the topics, but in my last one where they changed the story after more information, I was attacked for my early reporting, so I assumed someone else would start the threads. But thank you Kagemusha for bringing this incident to light.

Tragedies like these are always senseless, it is the strength of the victims, emergency services and others involved which show the good side of our societies.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

My prayers to the victims and their families.

Good work by those who did not stay in the victim category. And nice restraint as well....I would not have been too shocked if the last thing that murderer heard was 'hakke palle.'
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Perhaps we could treat this thread as covering both contemporaneous attacks, noting that the Barcelona attacks involved a more complicated plot and many more identified actors.

Apparently in Barcelona the network was operating an explosives or munitions factory in a residence and launched their attacks prematurely once that base of operations accidentally went up in smoke.

Weirdly, both the Barcelona and Turku (see article connections for Barcelona) attacks seem to have involved only Moroccans, and Morocco-born for that matter, with most (all?) of them having been unauthorized aliens, more-or-less recent immigrants, or asylum seekers. Not second-gen this time.

Weird, because Morocco. I've understood Morocco to have been fairly quiet out on the periphery. Here we have a pretty direct terrorist incursion of the older style - though it's not clear if these were indeed IS members or trainees, as opposed to a different or even one-off organization.
    Last edited by Montmorency; 08-22-2017 at 22:32.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Perhaps we could treat this thread as covering both contemporaneous attacks, noting that the Barcelona attacks involved a more complicated plot and many more identified actors.

Apparently in Barcelona the network was operating an explosives or munitions factory in a residence and launched their attacks prematurely once that base of operations accidentally went up in smoke.

Weirdly, both the Barcelona and Turku (see article connections for Barcelona) attacks seem to have involved only Moroccans, and Morocco-born for that matter, with most (all?) of them having been unauthorized aliens, more-or-less recent immigrants, or asylum seekers. Not second-gen this time.

Weird, because Morocco. I've understood Morocco to have been fairly quiet out on the periphery. Here we have a pretty direct terrorist incursion of the older style - though it's not clear if these were indeed IS members or trainees, as opposed to a different or even one-off organization.
    Morocco has been fairly quiet...in part because they have not seriously impeded their radicalized ones from heading towards Syria or other points foreign over the last few years.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken