Thread: Age of Empires!

Default Age of Empires!

So, Microsoft just had a press conference and talked a lot about the new AoE 1 Definitive Edition.

The big announcement were actually two and they announced Definitive Editions of Age of Empires 2 and Age of Empires 3.

That was however just one announcement as there will actually be an Age of Empires 4 made by Relic Entertainment.
    The actual age it will cover seems unclear, but they did already put a website with the reveal trailer online:

https://www.ageofempires.com/games/age-of-empires-iv/

I'm actually excited about all of it and hope Age IV will be a game true to its predecessors in many ways instead of introducing kiddie graphics and lootboxes etc.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: Age of Empires!

AOE I & II were amazing, but III suffered from that small unit cap. Like if you can only have 200 people and cannons are 6, thats a huge hit. Raise it to 300 and Ill try it again maybe. Also the last time I played it, I had my super old computer that could barely even run RTW.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Super excited about AoE 1 Definitive Edition. It was one of the first PC games I ever played, so I'm really looking forward to playing it again. I never played AoE 3, because I never thought it looked very interesting. Can't wait for more details though, Age of Empires has always been a series I've enjoyed immensely. I've played AoE2:HD Edition a bunch, so I'm pretty happy about this announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

I like so much Age of Empires