Thread: R.I.P. Tom Petty

Default R.I.P. Tom Petty

Tom Petty was dead, alive and then dead again over the course of about a day.
    At the risk of being premature:
    R.I.P.

https://www.newstatesman.com/culture...death-so-wrong

A long and varied career, if it is indeed over that's our loss

Last edited by HopAlongBunny; 10-03-2017 at 21:49.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: R.I.P. Tom Petty

He had apparently remarked that this 40th tour was the last for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I do not think he expected this as the proximate cause of his truthfulness.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Member thankful for this post:

Colonel In Chief Member PROVOST's Avatar

Default Re: R.I.P. Tom Petty

Rest In Peace Tom and gracious thanks for the awesome music.
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Default RIP Tom Petty

This one's a heartbreaker:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...erdose-w515472

and just because it's my favourite:

Last edited by HopAlongBunny; 01-21-2018 at 09:25.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: RIP Tom Petty

Medicines are no joke, I never needed them but one time I did and they insisted I took them, it was absolutily harrowing I could barely walk, I felt like having drunk a bottle of wodka but without the fun, I could collapse any time without warning. I just had enough of that and just stopped taking them, was a good decision, it's better to just suffer the pain

RIP
    Last edited by Fragony; 01-21-2018 at 09:30.

You might note in the last clip there are two self-medicating performers who have passed.
    Self-medicating with that stuff is a tight-rope that shouldn't be walked by a patient.
    "Just enough" and you feel fine; masking your injuries...and any new damage caused by performing under meds.
    But it takes "just a bump up" to get the same affect over time. Eventually, it will kill you.

That self-medicating has become normalized under the urging of pharma companies is really criminal.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Guys, you had this thread when Petty died last year.

Why don't we centralize RIP posting, in an RIP thread?

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...837-RIP-Thread
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...php?153175-RIP
    @Beskar
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HopAlongBunny View Post
    You might note in the last clip there are two self-medicating performers who have passed.
    Self-medicating with that stuff is a tight-rope that shouldn't be walked by a patient.
    "Just enough" and you feel fine; masking your injuries...and any new damage caused by performing under meds.
    But it takes "just a bump up" to get the same affect over time. Eventually, it will kill you.

That self-medicating has become normalized under the urging of pharma companies is really criminal.
    Just had enough as in screw this, that stuff wrecked me it was horrible, I felt utterly helpless I could barely walk. Maybe unwise from me but I just stopped taking them. I knew that I was going to be in pain but it was worth it. Started using heroin instead, excellent painkiller but with risks of it's own it didn't get me in trouble I never got addicted to it
    Last edited by Fragony; 01-22-2018 at 09:02.