Thread: Scripted war between the Lagids and the Seleucids?

Default Scripted war between the Lagids and the Seleucids?

Here's a question for the dev team. Is the war between Egypt and the Grey Death scripted to never be able to end? The reason is that I've seen a player try multiple times to get a peace, being ready to give up several cities, money and what else but the opposition just firmly rejects the proposal every time.

Thus I ask to know if its meaningful to even try or if its always war to the death?

EDITED: I used the term, which I understand can be used, of Lagids for the Ptolomaic dynasty due to it being easier and faster for me to write.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Scripted war between the Lagids and the Seleucids?

Not scripted at all. But the way the AI works, if they feel strong they won't accept peace.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Ok, thanks for the explination.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Also note, Forced Diplomacy is installed in the mod by default. If they're being silly and not accepting peace even on very favourable terms, use it.

When you get the proposal up ready to click to offer, click on the "?" button, then propose it. As long as the AI is able to accept your terms, they will.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Members thankful for this post (2):