Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Feminism out of control?

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Feminism out of control?

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Then I can only assume you go to right wing blogs and/like geenstijl and they bombard you with leftist propaganda for you to hate and then you blame the leftists for being pushy because the right wingers show their ideas to you every day. Does that come close?
    They do that yeah the really obvious and juicy parts at least, but no you don't come close, there are these places called other people's homes and they watch these discussion programs a lot, if you ever come there the guy ready to explode is me handle with care

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    It only means your argument about these women is disrespectful.
    You cannot expect them to react like you think you would because you're not them.
    The thing is that if you had made the same experiences, you wouldn't be you either, and might act more like them. Therefore judging their experiences using yours as a basis is nonsensical and one could say you're not taking them seriously as persons.

Monty said that if he declared that your experiences in the US made no sense because they didn't reflect his own experiences and declared you a liar based on this, he'd be doing the same thing to you. He's trying to transform the issue to a topic you might be more involved with in order to make his point clearer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    It has to do with anything in life. Harassment, losing a parent, playing the new popular game, hearing a song, cooking a meal, living through a popular revolt and national crisis...

Don't try to pre-define what other people go through on idle speculation.
    Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. Some women (like Oprah) openly admit what happened to them. Others choose to wait for an indefinite time and then start voicing their indignation and other negative emotions. I totally support the first option and I hold the second one under suspicion since I don't believe emotions could linger that long, that is why the latter option seems insincere to me. It sounds more like a desire to join the trend - ice bucket challenge or "who was filthier harrassed" challenge, in this case. I wouldn't much sympathize with a person who having had indigestion after a meal in a restaurant remembers it 10 years later and starts denouncing its staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    They do that yeah the really obvious and juicy parts at least, but no you don't come close, there are these places called other people's homes and they watch these discussion programs a lot, if you ever come there the guy ready to explode is me handle with care
    The question is why does it bother you if they're only pushing in other people's homes?
    Is it what they're pushing for and how would that bother you?

And just because you read sites that collect these things from all over the place, doesn't mean other people watch all of it, too.
    Last edited by Husar; 10-24-2017 at 14:13.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Cause-starved activists with greasy fingers bother me, this latest hype is articially created and carefully nourished

Just one example out of many, many examples become a trend. I cannot ignore it unless I stop reading newspapers, magazines, stop watching tv, etc.

Latest one, in England this time, sorry my person can't come to the party, my person is pregnant. 'What is it?', it's a ehhhhh person

Totally necesary as the pregnant woman could be a transgender

Can we talk about sexual-marxism yet? Touchy I know
    If you're referring to this story, the UK government denies that it requested the use of "pregnant person" by the UN. This isn't a UK issue as such, but a stance that some medical organizations in multiple countries have adopted in the past few years.

You should realize that trans issues are much more controversial among feminists than you let on. It's not new; this has been discussed since at least the 1990s. But in my opinion the simplest compromise is "pregnant women and others"; "expectant mother" is also worth retaining since it actually bypasses the concern of gender-prescription here.

Inclusion has become the ultimate liberal fetish. Unfortunately, the uncritical expansion of categories to protect feelings is less inclusion than dilution. “All Lives Matter” is, after all, a demand for inclusion, specifically the inclusion of white trauma into the narrative of black resistance. The classic line used by men’s rights activists – “Sometimes men get beat up by women too!” – is a demand that efforts against domestic violence be “inclusive” as well. But none of these discussions are improved in the least solely by making language less precise.
    Whatever you personally think, it shouldn't be surprising that the issue would have to come up in the conversation about how to integrate "trans" into society. If you refuse to stop and think, you will constantly be shocked by everything you come across. And that's a personal problem, not anybody else's.

Cause-starved activists with greasy fingers bother me, this latest hype is articially created and carefully nourished
    Here's the thing: none of these ideas or debates come out of nowhere. Here, the general impetus is the question, 'How do we accommodate trans people in society?" That question will have a lot of threads, because society is a big thing. If you can at least contextualize the questions behind your various outrages, they might at least not get you helplessly worked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony
    sorry my person can't come to the party, my person is pregnant. 'What is it?', it's a ehhhhh person
    In English you say "my spouse", "my partner", or "my SO (significant other)."
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    In English you say "my spouse", "my partner", or "my SO (significant other)."
    Mind you, USAnians around.

Them be readin't as My SO significant other

As for the topic at large, I wouldn't at all be against feminism if it actually taught the feminine side the real virtues, as in, use your nose to breath - silly.

["women are dumb"]
    Last edited by Beskar; 10-28-2017 at 12:33.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlRex View Post
    It's not like you could ever respect them for their intellectual prowess, as they are rather lackluster in that field.
    Too general a claim. In my experience it is rather the opposite.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There was this one too:
    http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/21/strang...sault-7016288/

Unfortunately, where there is power, there are people who take advantage of their position to abuse others. Even the current USA President with Pussy-gate.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

It's getting a bit much lately, everything seems to be sexual-harassment, all the while women are very aware of their sexuality and are not afraid to use it. I am getting a bit tired, not just of whining women but also of gender-politics and social-justice warriors and nore gender-types than additions in my food.

I am ashamed to say that I was born as a white heterosexual man and always stayed that way. Should I???? What do you want from me ffs.

Should be enough for topic.
    I agree!

We need a White Male Liberation Front!
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Members thankful for this post (3):

Hanoi Jane and renowned hater of men Gloria Steinem speak out:

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/jan...ms-1202600709/

Keeping in touch with decades of speaking out "too soon", they're probably right...again
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Blog Entries

Actress Jane Fonda and activist Gloria Steinem stopped by MSNBC’s “All In With Chris Hayes” Wednesday night to discuss the Harvey Weinstein scandal, where Fonda pointed out that part of the reason Weinstein’s accusers are getting so much attention is because they’re “famous and white” — with the exception of Lupita Nyong’o.

“It feels like something has shifted,” Fonda told Hayes. “It’s too bad that it’s probably because so many of the women that were assaulted by Harvey Weinstein are famous and white and everybody knows them. This has been going on a long time to black women and other women of color and it doesn’t get out quite the same.”
    That must be why there wasnt this much fuss those times those child actors started complaining about paedophiles in hollywood.

Macaulay Culkin, Elijah Wood, Corey Feldman, Corey Haim, Joey Coleman, Mara Wilson, Samantha Geimer, Jessica Biel, Michael Egan, Evan Henzi, Alison Arngrim, Dylan Farrow and Mia Farrow, yeah, they didnt get this attention because they werent famous or white!

Fonda deserves the bile our moderaters fear.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 10-27-2017 at 23:03.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Incorruptible Forest Manager Member Tristuskhan's Avatar

Here in France the hashtag "metoo" was quite roughly translated "balancetonporc". We don't like understatements. It was brewing for months anyway.

The dictionnaries told me: "rat on your pig" or "chuck out your pig". Roughly, so to say. Always nice to learn some new english words.

Beeing France, no need to say that it's almost a bloodbath. Pity beeing that I still know quite a lot of ladies who would never chuck out their pig(s), and the pigs still roam unchecked.
    Having been a trade union representative for years, I heard a basketfull of confessions from disoriented women with their lives made awfull by male superiors. I came to hate the way women so easily talk to me and beg me to shut the hell up, also.

One year ago I got a new errrh... captain, 24 years young and attractive cuttie, fresh out of school. I told her a few names: the radioactive ones. Men she should never trust because I know very well they are very very talented snakes. And that she shall tell her two 24 years, etc etc classmates on other teams to do so. Have I been right doing that?
    Frag, I don't think feminism is out of control when a proven feminist as I am still hesitates.
    Debates on grammar and spelling are minor nuisance. Drunk students overacting gender annihilation are just drunk students. Smokescreens, nothing to write home about for an heterosexual white european male.
    Last edited by Tristuskhan; 10-28-2017 at 00:16.
    "Les Cons ça ose tout, c'est même à ça qu'on les reconnait"

Kentoc'h Mervel Eget Bezañ Saotret - Death feels better than stain, motto of the Breton People. Emgann!

Yeah you have been right doing that, predators do exist.

As for not worrying, I am not worried I am annoyed. Ironically it are fake-feminists and SJW-types who like to see society devided and they are too self-rightious to see the hypocracy. Everything is too male, everything is too white. I wouldn't want to live in their utopia, they see sexism and facism/racism everywhere but don'tvrecognise it when looking in the mirror.
    Last edited by Fragony; 10-28-2017 at 04:40.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlRex View Post
    Mind you, USAnians around.

Them be readin't as My SO significant other

As for the topic at large, I wouldn't at all be against feminism if it actually taught the feminine side the real virtues, as in, use your nose to breath - silly.

Got to respect the girls for their heads, you know. It's not like you could ever respect them for their intellectual prowess, as they are rather lackluster in that field.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Too general a claim. In my experience it is rather the opposite.
    Now is it...

*purrs like a kitten*

Well then, I have a week off...

Can you then, throughout history, explain how any sane individual would put mere women (as a group) side to side to our outstanding men?

["women are dumb"]

In all honesty, Cleopatra is one of very few women who actually accomplished things, and let's remember she made it by being all "Lova ya long time". She also killed herself.
    Last edited by Beskar; 10-28-2017 at 12:31.

owwwww don't do that, I can say no other thing other than saying that there is nothjng wrong with the intelligence of women and that they are indeed hold back by society as real! feminists claim

owwwww don't do that, I can say no other thing other than saying that there is nothjng wrong with the intelligence of women and that they are indeed hold back by society as real! feminists claim
    I haven't said there's anything wrong with female intelligence..

My point is that there is no RIGHT-with it, that men can't do better, and already have since history started.

Us white men have tried to really listen to the female perspective lately.

Result: Women didn't have much to say ["women are dumb"]
    Last edited by Beskar; 10-28-2017 at 12:32.

fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    I haven't said there's anything wrong with female intelligence..

My point is that there is no RIGHT-with it, that men can't do better, and already have since history started.

Us white men have tried to really listen to the female perspective lately.

Result: Women didn't have much to say ["women are dumb"].
    fair enough

It's absolutely not fair.

As a side-toss the European white women gave the white men an absolute load of Africans and Islamic people to deal with.

Not just bad gene-stock, bad religion with it.

"Fair enough" - for what, so absolutely WHAT - would that be a redeemed factor?

For us having their say of the matter as the first actual men of the world?
    Last edited by Beskar; 10-28-2017 at 12:33.

No such thing as 'us' Kads

Someday soon the white man shall cede the solemn duty of raping the out of his women to the subhuman mud creatures, who he is oddly certain don't have superior genes.

Those stupid, stupid, women who are much worse than men at everything cool and who don't have a clue just how good they have it here by our side (though they should definitely have it less good).
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

I didn't know Trump's rhetoric level was so common in Sweden.
    The things Sweden invented and was overlooked for, fascinating.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    Now is it...

*purrs like a kitten*

Well then, I have a week off...

Can you then, throughout history, explain how any sane individual would put mere women (as a group) side to side to our outstanding men?
    If you read my post carefully you couldn't have missed the words "in my experience". I teach University students and due to the type of my department about 90% of them are female. The scarce male ones are 80-90% dumb (to use your terminology) while among females the percentage of dumbness is about 50-60.

As for history, I guess it is unfair to compare the achievements of sexes since women (as a group, not considering singular outstanding individuals) are "out for achievement" for a much shorter span. It is like comparing Brazilian and USAnian (to use your terminology) national football teams.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    If you read my post carefully you couldn't have missed the words "in my experience". I teach University students and due to the type of my department about 90% of them are female. The scarce male ones are 80-90% dumb (to use your terminology) while among females the percentage of dumbness is about 50-60.

As for history, I guess it is unfair to compare the achievements of sexes since women (as a group, not considering singular outstanding individuals) are "out for achievement" for a much shorter span. It is like comparing Brazilian and USAnian (to use your terminology) national football teams.
    Dumbness as in not capable of comprehending or as in choosing ignorance by focusing on irrelevancies?
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Blog Entries

In the UK, White Males are a minority in University due to under performing academically and other key factors.

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...-thinktank-men
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...niversity.html
    https://www.offa.org.uk/universities...tish-students/

Seems to be a trend in the USA too...
    https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...nority/536103/
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Dumbness as in not capable of comprehending or as in choosing ignorance by focusing on irrelevancies?
    Sometimes one of the two, sometimes both.

Here's a look at the Wests grand experiment since the end of WW2.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor...orkplaces.html

Should we just admit that "men in the workplace" was just a bad idea?
    Or is it perhaps, simply the reaction of all apes given power and authority?
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Remember the days when a woman's place was in the kitchen?

I don't.

Feminism in control.

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HopAlongBunny View Post
    Here's a look at the Wests grand experiment since the end of WW2.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor...orkplaces.html

Should we just admit that "men in the workplace" was just a bad idea?
    Or is it perhaps, simply the reaction of all apes given power and authority?
    Placental mammals mean one parent has to carry the offspring. The greater the burden between the genders, the greater the difference. Our babies have proportionally massive heads and come out under-developed. This again means that the lactating parent has to spend more time nurturing.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast