Thread: I am GONE

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Default I am GONE

I love you guys, except Beskar, and he runs the place.

I'm getting to the point where I feel like if I stay I'm going to end up hating him, so I've left.

I want to make it clear this is an entirely personal decision and nothing to do with our political differences. For whatever reason I have reached a point where I no longer find him tolerable.

Everyone else is welcome to reach me here: https://www.facebook.com/philip.wallinder

Welcome to my real life, if you do, hopefully you'll not be that surprised (and yes, I do look a bit like my avatar).

For those I don't see again, I wish you well.

Ave atque vale.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: I am GONE

Fair winds my friend. I'm sorry things ended this way.

On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Not that my opinion means anything but I have nothing but respect for you.
    Very first post in the backroom was a response to something you said and I got completely wrecked by your follow up.

Blog Entries

And another reason I keep returning here departs
    Last edited by Greyblades; 11-03-2017 at 06:44.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Member thankful for this post:

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope you find the closure you are seeking.
    Last edited by Beskar; 11-14-2017 at 01:45.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Aw.

Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

British people....

As soon as they rid themselves of the foreigners, they begin to quabble among themselves.

Philexit Flavexit Homexit, you always seem like a nice person despite being wrong half the time.
    I really wonder why you can't at least get along with Beskar just as I wonder why he has or had certain assumptions about your beliefs. The only common trait, well, see first line...

I know you've stayed here attached to a very thin thread for a while, but it seems all my background scheming and honestly agreeing with you to keep you here has been for naught in the end. Ruined by a British person even!

Now there are only two and a half British people left for me to encounter, but even worse, another big hole in the orgish heart.

What is this crazy German doing, you ask? I don't know, begging you to stay in a German way perhaps?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

All the best. Hopefully one day you will return. Ive left these halls couple times, but always returned. Hopefully after long enough hiatus you will come back to bicker with rest of us about more and less menial things once again.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Members thankful for this post (2):

I hope your decision is not irreversible. After all, there other people here except the ones you dislike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

I have never made a formal declaration along these lines, but I too have departed the fray for some months upon occasion.

Arguing for the conservative and traditional in this particular milieu is seldom easy -- and when other stressors in life rear up, sometimes it is this that needs to give.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Member thankful for this post:

Take care
    A break in routine is a good thing, and if posting here provides no satisfaction, hang it up.
    You will be missed
    Ja-mata TosaInu

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    All the best. Hopefully one day you will return. Ive left these halls couple times, but always returned. Hopefully after long enough hiatus you will come back to bicker with rest of us about more and less menial things once again.
    Same, started missing you guys eventually

Members thankful for this post (2):

One door closes another door opens...
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar

Who doesn't love a good flounce thread? Don't take it so seriously Philip.
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Enjoy your safespace, I guess.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???