Thread: Disappearing Fire Temples

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Default Disappearing Fire Temples

OK, since TWC seems really determined to be down, I'm posting this here.

This issue has happened to me twice now, once with Hayastan in Ganzak and once with Pahlava in Hekatompylos. In both instances, the fire temple (Âtaroshan) disappeared as I took the settlements in battle. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the name change (Ganzak doesn't change its name for Hayastan), or the change of ownership (have bought Persepolis and bribed Hekatompylos before with the temple remaining intact).
    I'm now pretty sure it has to do with taking the settlement in a field battle, as at least in the second case, it happened after I scored a heroic victory against a relief army plus the defenders. IIRC it was the same case in Ganzak. Not sure about sieges though.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Disappearing Fire Temples

Did you sack/enslave Ganzak?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Did you sack/enslave Ganzak?
    No. I generally try not to do so with settlements of cultures similar or identical to my faction's, partly for roleplay reasons but also because it hampers growth and I don't want buildings to be downgraded. I didn't do so in Hekatompylos, either.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

It might be the presence of the "city" tag on the building's first line, apparently combined with having a religion means they auto-destroy. Notable than none of the colony buildings have it, and they aren't destroyed.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR