Thread: Provinse loyalty changes durig turn

Question

Sometimes the loyalty of my provinces changes during my turn without me changin the premessis of the loyalty. i.e first i check the taxes change them and movea around my troops till I get more than 100% in all provinces, then I save the game and when I come back to the strategic map after saving the loyalty in some provinces have changed to below 100% why and how can I stop this. This happens both pre and post patch.

And the shadow fell upon the Land, and the world was riven stone from stone... The seas boiled, and the living envied the dead. All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the Shadow and the Breaking of the world. And him they named Dragon.

Are these provinces part of your faction, or do they belong to another faction?, eg. you're Biz., and you conquer a Turkish province. For me, I try to keep a eye on outsiders in my province,eg. emissary,bishop/priest,pricesses',etc. Also try to have a governor with high acumen, plus a sizeable military force. Wouldn't hurt to have a spy or 2, and even an assassin present. Ofcourse, watch the tax rate, ajust accordingly. You could also build a church, mosque, etc., and have a priest/alim present. Hope this helps.
    e tu Brute

Just as you state I usualy keep priests bishops cardinals and grand inqisitors in the provinces where I expect disloyalty, howerver the problem is that,and I hope I am correct in this, loyalty shall not change during a turn unless you do something yorself. (like adjust taxerates or move units) the change in loyalty is never larger than 5% but thats jus enought to tip some newly captured provinces over the 100% line, and disucessed in another thread the 1% chance of rebellion is not a 1% chance but much larger. Someone said its like a 30-40% rebellion chance if tha game says one.
    And the shadow fell upon the Land, and the world was riven stone from stone... The seas boiled, and the living envied the dead. All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the Shadow and the Breaking of the world. And him they named Dragon.

Lord, you might also consider doing the necessary upgrades: improved farmland, economic,eg. gold mine, merchant. If you keep the people fed, and put some money in their pockets, they shouldn't give you too much trouble.
    e tu Brute

I know, I always construct lots of economic upgrades (not with the people in mind as much as the armies the gold will buy me ) the problem is that provinces that are rich and rather loyal to me changes their loyalty when I save the game, all the other things are already taken care of and all are loyal to me, then I save the game and they become unloyal, I think it is very strange.

Very strange indeed.
    e tu Brute

Hmmm, things that affect loyalty and not already discussed:

1) enemy spies & assassins
    2) change in king/leader
    3) excommunication
    4) a sudden addition of a new V&V on governor
    5) major defeat resulting in the loss of a provine (I think)
    This space intentionally left blank