Thread: That 1 Player you could just never beat 1v1

EuroSpOOn He always used to play under different names and after he beat me id be like#

Swoosh So: That u fork?

Strange name: ehhe

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Lol u all shy?

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Senior Member Senior Member NinjaKilla's Avatar

Swoosh, you remember playing 2v2s with me against some guy called kingNewbie (he used another name too that I forget) who kept saying he was a newbie, but blatantly wasn't? Anyway he kept taunting me - and kicking my arse Over the course of a couple of weeks I played him a few times 1v1 and 2v2 and was getting more and more irritated. Anyway one night I thought enough was enough and beat him - just After that I never saw the sod again, although if it was soomeone around here I'd love to know who it was. He always used the same tactics with his monks and ND in a long line that charged to one side in order to flank. He didn't play like anyone I played with regularly although he was good. Anyone wanna own up?

Ninjakilla was that your name when you were online?

Buddha

lol KenchiNinjaKilla Li, I played enough games with you. Don't say you forgot

I played one game in MTW with Spoon as ally and I blew my chance of being his friend (I didn't cover his flank soon enough...)

Annie
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

yeah fog and heavy fog in old shog kept beating me. there should be an anti spell for it at that time. now arid solves that problem. whats stays and is harder to overcome in mtw is the well chosen armies of the enemy.
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Hmmmm 'jst never beat'. Not for me although there are more than enough players that beat me more often than I beat them.

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

done play much 1v1

so im none too sure
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

Can't remember exact names really, because most of the time the games happened when i was too 'gone' to remember...but I played a few people who were obviously old vets playing under wierd names. You know, the odd person talking all the trash in the MTW foyer until someone actually plays them. I would make the mistake of accepting their challenge of a 1v1, only to forget these people don't take normal armies. I'd be looking for a fun game, and they were looking to buffer their list of people to bash in the foyer. Hmm....maybe I never saw them again because they got ignored and banned after they actually opened their mouth

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

I am my own worst enemy on the battlefield.
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

GAH

Vanya cannot defeat Himself, for He never faces off against Himself on the field of battle. Vanya's foolhardy battlefield antics may sometimes ensure a speedy departure from the green pastures of death, but that is not what we are talking about here, now is it?

GAH
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

I've had a tough time with ShadeFlanders. He's beaten me 3 or 4 times(pretty badly) and I only beat him once as The Turks. The only other person who I've played with on any kind of a regualr basis is ShadeWolf and no one is winning that series. Its pretty much split down the middle. Can't think of any others I mostly just join any game that isn't 99999 and play with whoever.
    The Oner Order of Ommisions. http://oooo.freewebspace.com/

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

I have noticed that my name has not been mentioned once I wonder why that is? LOL
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

I bet it's because you are so feared that no one dares to utter your name, Elmo Oh NO I uttered it Oh what horrible fate will befall me now...?

And chilli, nice to know ya get to play with my good comrades. Ya might want to try Wraith, Brown or even me if you happen to meet any of us. Edit: haa, noticed yer with the OOOO No wonder ya play regularly with Wolf and Flanders...

I cant ever beat Elmo's 16 missile army, but only because he's the ugliest of all uglies and I want to ego-boost him .

But I think if you cant beat someone the problem is in you. It can be the skill is lacking, or your style of play is a doom against his/her style of play, and so on. So I agree with Dump, I am my own worst enemy.

--Bosdur a.k.a UgliRaichu--

Smile

only 1 player i can remember that i never beat in 1v1....even though i played him many times.... jstfeared...
    even amp and magyar and elmo will tell u that jst was really good in 1v1.... my most current player who seems to have my number is jericoprime.... although i should have beet him many times i always seem to make some really stupid mistke just as im winning....like move my whole army instead of 1 unit.... once i faced all my units backwards in mid battle....he is a very skilled player and im not saying that im better or that he is.... but i just do dumb stuff playing him...

edit..
    for those who dont know who jst is this is a link to his shogun win/loss record.. 1455 comp wins in stw...playerladder

There are a few players i always made silly mistakes while playing against nerves? respect?

Buddha

Cool

NC, yup, JstFeared was hard to beat way back in stw, but only when he was playing 24/7 almost like me...hehe. I think we racked up about 1,000 of those comp wins in only a few months, when me and him played 2v2 for hrs...hehe. Those were the days.

I also have to say that JerichoPrime had my number playing MI/WE, he beat me more than i beat him. There are a few other players in the past that beat me a few times in a row.

I've lost many times to players i didn't know, but i can't recall losing to someone none stop all the time.

All those good battles are in the past really, not a whole lot of ego battles going on now, since mtw dosn't have a ranking system. If they ever do have a ranking system i hope it's a lot better than the ones in the past. It needs to be something like i've posted here before months ago, more complex and different ranking types.

Cool

Wolf_Naswan is the player i can't beat now, he is just to tough for me.

well amp in those games against nash most of your armies started to be weaker as his.

but yes nash is eager and willingly to learn. for me drb got more talent but esp. the game bugs scared him off.

okok its time to give nash his reward of wolf of the month
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

Although I beated Mag a few times (was it foggy? ), he's my worst nightmare normally. Also what Swoosh said...for some reason I do some really stupid things when I meet him.

And...yup I'm also my own worst enemy sometimes.

Kas
    On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

I don't think its a conincidence you do stupid things when you play him Kas.

Whatever happened to JST? He wasn't just a good player - he was a real nice guy. He spent A LOT of hours bothering to teach me how to play - real shame to have lost him a long the way.

Senior Member Senior Member Krasturak's Avatar

Angry

Gnish Gnash Gni

One???

Krast must pick one player he could never beat?

Hmmmmmmm....

*looks at piles of Krast skulls left behind by enemies after battles*

Might be hard to pick just one.

Ythill Ythill Ythill

GaH FasT could always beat Krast

FasT always brings all gun army in MI to counter krasts all gun army...hehe i still got the bullet holes to prove it