Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mapping library project

Arrow Mapping library project

Fed up with doing my mod I decided to do something totally new. Having enjoyed doing the map for my project I decided to build a new big map of region And all worked well. The map passed the preliminary testing and is ready for the finally parsing. It is an old map that I was planning to use for my prehistoric mod (2000AD – 1000AD). It spans from Dalmatia ( Italy is not in the map) till the Persian Golf region. In the north you can see the Danube while it goes as south as Khartoum in Sudan. There is a lot of desert in the map and it is ideal for a huge number of mods.

I will parse the map eventually and then generate the files needed for VI integration. (Now that I know how ). When this is done I will post some pictures here. Any one that has built useful maps can post them here so we can make a map library. Have in mind a the maps have to have the absolutely minimum files to work for MTW or VI or both. The TGAs have to be converted in to JPG (size problems) and a file with the installation procedure and credits would be nice (at least to Welly).

That’s all.

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Excellent
    Congratulations on undertaking such a mammoth project. I hope that in the fullness of time I get to see the finished results of this Is there any chance that this can be added onto the existing map of Europe to create a far bigger campaign???
    An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

I have 3 MTW V 1.1 new maps and all the needed files to start a basic mod, These are some of the campaigns I worked with Wellington on some time back, They have just been sitting on my hard drive, They include all the neccessary files (Map tex TGA's Lukup Maps, minimap bifs, faction maps, script files etc.) to start a very basic Mod but would need to be built on before a final release, The campaigns are The 100 yrs War, The Reconquista and The Holyland if someone was interested in building them up to make a mod I would be glad to send them the files, It would be a shame to let them go to waste, But I just dont have the time to work them up right now. LOS P.S. All the Maps have been tested in V1.1 and work fine

Taking life one day at a time!

This is the point of the thread ...
    Maps that exist that can be used in mods ... the basics are needed not the mod.

Can you zip them up ... and put a link here? Though it would be nice if you could bring them to a VI status also.

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

LordofStorms, could you please send me the maps? I'd be very grateful. My e-mail address is:

sinclair670@hotmail.com

I am finishing proper readme instructions for install etc. as far as a link ,I guess I will have to eventually upload them to The Org, but for now if anyones is really interested I can e-mail it to them, after resizing the maptex tga's the file size will average around 2-3megs.As far as VI versions thats definitely out, I simply dont have the time, If someone wants to take the campaigns and convert them to VI feel free to do so.

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

If you were interested Lord Of Storms email them to me and I could host them on my web site, so if anybody wanted to use them, they could get at the easily.

ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

Thanks ShadesWolf that sounds good, I would just like to send a few out first by mail and see if people can follow my instructions and install everything ok, I sent The Reconquista to Blind King Of Bohemia, waiting to hear back , give me an addy to send the files to and when I get things squared away I will send them out. LOS

Bump

Sorry LOS. For a while a have tried to install the Middle East Map and i'm having a few problems but never fear i will look into your map and hopefully get it up and running on my computer tonight.

No problem BKB, I am using you as a kind of test case if you are able to follow my readme's and install everything OK I will make an effort to make the other Map Mod Packs available. And with LMM5 about to be released I am sure we will see a whole lot more new MTW maps real soon. LOS

Hey LOS can you send me those maps as well, my addy is

jmlance29@yahoo.com

thanks alot

Lancer
    I didn't write criticizing. I wrote criticised. Which is correct, unless you're trying to raise some bizzare nationalist argument; the kind of stupidity requiring some smarts to begin with.

-Unknown Know-it-all

I have a American continent map kicking aound which i was and still am going to use for a war of indipendance if anybody wants it

Mediæval Auctoriso Member Member TheSilverKnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (MR EGG @ Aug. 07 2003,12:34)]I have a American continent map kicking aound which i was and still am going to use for a war of indipendance if anybody wants it
    Sure I'd love that map I could make a Medieval version of the American Colonisation. Please send it to chrisspolanski@msn.com.

Thanks
    "I'm like the Vikings -- I come here, I steal your women, your booze, your dough, and then I go back home." ~ Wiz
    "Play RTW and wait till 1,000 people die and look at them from above. Then tell me it was worth the oil." - Byzantine Prince

After days of trying, I had to give up on the Middle East mod. I tried to get it compatible with the VI but to no avail. I'm now having a look at yours LOS but I'm concerned as I'm really trying to get it to work with the VI. I downloaded the Hellenic mod (which is VI compatible), change the region's names to more Medieval stylised ones and am now working on an Ottoman Invasion mod, which works but still needs a lot of work. I'd also like to look at yours Mr Egg, a New World mod would be great.

sinclair670@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I'm now having a look at yours LOS but I'm concerned as I'm really trying to get it to work with the VI.
    I dont guarantee it will work with VI BKB as it was created using LMM4V2 using MTWV1.1 as a model for the file structure so as it might be adaptable if you can figure it out, but it would work best with MTW V1.1. LOS

Hi all,

This thread was created by me some time ago to accommodate a pool of campaign maps that modders could simply download and make new mods.

... I was the only one that did not post here ... many reasons for that (one was my mod the other a map that would not compile ) by my apologies.

Some time ago LeBob asked for a China map for a planed Three Kingdoms mod. Now with the production of shogun mod the far east building & maps are coming and will eventually help this mod. I also got the expected China map ... did some preliminary separation of the areas. here they are ...
    first the map
    And the the areas
    In this map I took the liberty of using the Yang Che (I think this is the name) river as three sea areas ... It did not cause any problems but this will have to be inserted in the game ... that would be the real test.

LeBob hope you see this ... comments?

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

wow, that looks awesome
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

@komninos:

Great work
    Please, could you upload your map to the org?
    Would be wonderful .

And: It would be amazing if you, or someone else, who has the knowledge of it, could write a campaignmapping guide with pics and so on.
    Its very hard for a beginner to start with, if you want to make a new campaignmap.

Antalis::

»Erzähle, Wandrer, wenn du nach Sparta kommst, daß wir, seinen Gesetzen gehorsam, hier gefallen sind.«

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

hmmm ... a map making guide ...
    I might just do that ... some times I like to write but ... not my forte Also what I know is about LMM4 now Welli is ready for 5. I 'll see what I can do ...

Have to get a good political map of the era to finish it not only the three kingdoms but also the independent states, barbarians nations, ... etc.

The maps also has a part of Japan ... any ideas ...

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

ive got a spare map of the UK sitting arround, it has the full heap of provs, though its only a lukmap so far
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

What about a map of most parts of Asia, also a part of Europe and the Middle East to represent the Mongol Empire?
    You could use the mongol units, the Shogun units and the medieval units of MTW.

»Erzähle, Wandrer, wenn du nach Sparta kommst, daß wir, seinen Gesetzen gehorsam, hier gefallen sind.«

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

Komninos,

I checked it out and it look great
    I send you my email so you can send it to me.
    thanks again

I thought that a chinese mod (three kingdoms or warring state period) would be quite interesting to play...then I was distracted with other things but with the new shogun mod that Barocca is making, it put new live in this project...So I am going to work on it now.
    If anybody is interested let me know....
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Napoleon

Hi LeBob,

Though the map is ready it need some work to be ready for the MTW-VI. Here are the faction land map

The Owners are :
    ALMOHAD = Korians
    ARAGONESE = Wei
    BURGUNDIAN = Wu
    BYZANTINE = Shu
    DANISH = Qiang
    EGYPTIAN = Di
    ENGLISH = Xianbei
    FRENCH = Burma

Please check ... thanks

The map was finaly incerted in the MTW.

Unfortunatly the river area was not accepted by the MTW engeen so the map will be reworked. Some new areas have been created and there will be some special treatment for the areas bordering on the great rivers.

Finaly here is the map of China and the Owners. The regions separated byt the blue line will have a costal battle due to the size of the Yang Che river.

In these files you will get a fully playambe mod of the VI on the map of China. LeBob I think you are done as far as the map is concernd. Use the tool or by hand and insert the buildings and the army units you need.

Chinamap-files
    ChinaMap-Textures

Komninos,

Thanks a lot for this great work

If anybody wants to help in this mod, let me know.

LLB
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Napoleon

Exclamation

Hi LeBob,

There is apparently a problem with the region "Sina" I have marked the region as RIVER and Costal. The MTW has not a way to make a map like that so delete the RIVER mark or make a specific map for it.

Could anyone of the moderators make this topic a sticky?

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

Done...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast