Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duke John's New Unit Graphics

well i have much free time (5 hours a day)and i have learnt so much already in the last 2 days thank you for the help duke john.

tom

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

Well I can tell you this: in modding there is nothing more satisfying than seeing your own units walking and fighting on the battlefield.

i have seen your work and it is great. at the moment i am just trying to get a grips of all this stuff i only got into modin a few days ago for the last 2 days i have been reading guides and websites after websites i mainly got into this because of ME:TW which looks great (being a big LOTR's fan)

Hi Duke John,

I think I may have identified Fanty's problem. Your \ActionsPage\ folder contains a file named ChivalricManAtArms.txt. But I'm not seeing any .bifs for Chivalric Men at Arms.

I re-installed your graphics pack without transplanting that particular file into my install directory, and so far I've had no problems.

I'm not sure I'm so keen on the new graphics for the longbowmen, but perhaps yours are more faithful to the historical reality than the default .bifs. That aside, brilliant work

A.

duke john i was wondering what you use when making your graphics like 3D max or somthing else. Also do you make them using a amature then building onto that? do you no any good guides?

Lightbulb

I am not a 3D graphics guru, you can see some pointers in Chapter 6 of the Unitgraphics guide, but if you really want to learn you have to browse the internet. There are lots of sites who provide outstanding tutorials.

About the programs, I answered the exact same question which you asked before just a few posts above

Default Re: Duke John's New Unit Graphics

Aaarggh, when I want to download there comes only 404 Not Found.
    Can someone upload the graphics for me, I'm planing to make a 15. century mod and I think those graphics should be very useful.

Red face Re: Duke John's New Unit Graphics

this is my problem too, im afraid this thread is long dead, but this would be useful. Was the link ever fixed or moved.
    Be without fear, in the face of your enemies.

Rise a knight!

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

My suggestion is to Private Message Duke John himself and ask if he has a backup. I'm more than willing to host it on my server.

This looks like digging up a dead old thread, but more than 4 years after starting this thread I'm still getting PMs about this, so I've re-uploaded my unit graphics together some tools (including mapmaker utility LMM4 and unitmaker utility UM_LOTR).
    http://www.mizus.com/files/files/Too..._resources.zip [51 MB] (Thanks to TosaInu for hosting it)

As I have stopped modding M:TW some years ago I cannot give you any help on how to use these files or how to mod in general. Of course you can still send me a PM but expect a "I can't help you." reply if the question/problem is too vague or when I simply don't remember/know the answer.

The included:
    • Ancient Greece units and map
    • Early and Late Medieval
    • War of the Roses [post 1450 AD]. These are my best ones with the weapons rendered together with the soldier himself for a perfect fit. If anyone still wishes to create units then do the same as it will save you loads of time positioning the weapons and shields.

Screenshots:

Units and map of Ancient Greece

War of the Roses

Cheers,
    DJ
    Last edited by Duke John; 01-08-2008 at 09:56.

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Thanks for uploading that, Duke John - I'd been using LMM2 - hadn't been able to find 4 And I'll be interested to see the ancient Greek bits as well

I thought the forum was being strange when I saw a new post from you, glad I was wrong, so I'll say thanks for all the advice and pointers you've posted over the years, sure has spurred on my own modding efforts and made the learning curve a lot less steep
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Wow !

It is good to see the graphics are available again - those from the War of the Roses look extremely well.

Especially the bowmen (bowstrings and arrows !) and pikemen - something I really needed for mixed units in PMTW.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

No more 'flying pikes'...

I've re-uploaded my unit graphics together some tools
    Well done Duke John It is important that these files should not be lost...
    It would also be helpful if you add more details on the production of frames from 3D model into your old guide ...
    I know perhaps you dont have time like all,But I think that would be a good and complete job.

Mas

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Duke John ....
    Those units are incredible !! ..
    I don't remember seeing those in Hellenic ? ... macsen ?
    I also want to thank you for re-releasing these graphics & tools .
    Not only have you excited Macsen & Cegorach but also all the others like myself who love the mods in progress and like their creators ultimately want them to become as best as they can be ...
    Full steam ahead > Mac & Ceg and others yet to visit .
    cheers to all
    DTS

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Well, I've used one of the graphics now - for new tribal archers, thracian peltasts and Agrianian javelinmen. I've added in some extra weapons and shields, and redone some weapon coordinates. Screenies in the Ancient TW thread A much needed addition to the range of "bodies"
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

I can't find the files! The link takes me to takiyama clan homepage but nothing about this graphics! please could you explain me how to get them?

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Don't worry Tyberius, you're the creator of new unit graphics.

Jokes (and smilies) aside, you seem a bit confused about what the mizus server is, I'll give a run down because I want to look helpful - the link points to the "http://mizus.com/files/files" directory, this is the real mizus server. If you find yourself redirected to the Clan Takiyama site and you need to get to the server, simply click on the files tab on the Clan Takiyama homepage and then select the "browse mizus.com" on the left. This is an archive full of quite old files. You can scroll around here at your leisure and are freely allowed to download from the server.

Anyway the link posted by duke john for his stuff points to:
    "http://www.mizus.com/files/files/Tools/" and then to a zip file. After looking through that directory I too can't find this zip file (named "mtw_tools_resources.zip"). I believe it's either been removed (too large for the server) or been moved to a different directory. What makes me suspect this is that all the other files on there seemed to have been modified all at the same time (virus scanned? removal then re-uploaded? changed location? I really don't know what's happened).

Ahh, but don't worry (err, once again) - for I have the answer! (A real quick, short-term answer)
    I'd downloaded this some time ago, and still have it my PC - So I call for a RAPID-SHARE LINK!
    http://rapidshare.com/files/12811952...urces.zip.html
    [note: Mayhap Tosa(or anyone that can be bothered) upload it to a more permanent location?]
    Last edited by Raz; 07-08-2008 at 14:45.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Thank you very much Raz...

Are you planning to integrate them into your mod, Tyberius? I´d love to see the Wars of the Roses units (the only ones I can see the screenshots of, the older screenshots in the openling post seem to be too old to be displayed anymore)

Excuse me, the two links on the OP is dead, if anyone still has this file could you please upload it sonewhere? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zweihander View Post
    Excuse me, the two links on the OP is dead, if anyone still has this file could you please upload it sonewhere? Thanks!
    Uploaded for you. Enjoy!
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Uploaded for you. Enjoy!
    Thank you, Stazi !

Thank you so much Stazi! I have been looking for these bifs for sometime now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12