• Maybe

0 0%
  • Yes

6 75.00%
  • MUST BE, YES!

1 12.50%

Thread: Movies about Germany

Saupreuss Member Stefan the Berserker's Avatar

Sometimes I got the exeriance some american-Filmakers have too much Money through there is a lot of TTrash beeing Produced...

Well, german history is only very lightly covered by Hollywood-Movies (exepted as evil Guys). But there are some Ideas in my head you would certainly like to see:

Bismarck - Dawn of the Reich

After the Revolution in 1848 had failed, Otto von Bismarck was made Primeminister of Prussia. This was the beginning of a historical Development, that would change Europes face forever. See with which conspirative Methods Prussia united Germany and how the French were defeated at Sedan.

Thriller/Warmovie Mixture about the Unionwars of Germany, very violent but with an intellectual main figure.

Rhinegold

The Dwarf Alberich has stolen the Rhinegold and created the Ring of the Nibelungen, a magical Ring which was able to give the rule over the whole World to whoom has sworn to don't love anymore. Mythic Stuff which J.R.R. Tolkien used as the bases for his work, easy made LOTR-"Clone" (actually Original).

Fantasy Movie.

20th July

A conspiracy of German Officers has decided to assasinate Adolf Hitler. Graf von Stauffenberg placed explosives in the Discussions-room of Hitler's Fortess "Wolfschanze". A Movie to Honor those who gave their live in the Ambition to end Hitler's rulership (Including the famous Erwin Rommel, the "Desertfox").

Thriller, very hard Thriller...

There are also other Movie-possebilities, but I'll only count three here...

Hey, ive got a question for you.

You are right when you say that movies with german history only includes you as bad guys. i was thinking about this yesterday when i beat call of duty. what is your take on so many ww2 anti-nazi movies/games? do you differentiate between anti-nazi and anti-german, or does the whole genre piss you off?

i think i understand how you might feel. we americans still get crap for 150 year old slavery, and are still perceived as racists. i imagaine that the legacy of nazi germany will persist for quite a while.

personally, id like to see more movies on german history (im 1/2 german by ancestry). the Nibelungen is cool too, minus the vagnarian opera.
    This is my world
    And I am
    World leader pretend

I like the idea, but Hollywood would probably screw it up.

Just an Oldfart Member Basileus's Avatar

My favorite movie of all time is Das Boot, its not a hollywood flick..for those that have not seen it, check it out its a master piece

yeah and the movie about Bismarck could be something good.

For TosaInu and the Org Senior Member The_Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Basileus @ Jan. 15 2004,11:12)]My favorite movie of all time is Das Boot, its not a hollywood flick..for those that have not seen it, check it out its a master piece
    I would have to second that, Das Boat is a great film
    "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."

Saupreuss Member Stefan the Berserker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Zitat[/b] ]i think i understand how you might feel. we americans still get crap for 150 year old slavery, and are still perceived as racists. i imagaine that the legacy of nazi germany will persist for quite a while.
    Close but not the full scale: Imagine the French would produce thousands of Movies about Slavery in the USA and call you racist if you say you dislike those Movies. Then you get a feeling how Germans feel if they are confronted with "Private James Ryan" or the "Medal of Honor"-Videogames, they just look like hacking an old wound again and again.

The feeling can also be compared to Jews who think that the Critise of Israel had something to do with their Religion.