Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome to the Arena! A few things you should know ...

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

his guide ack

~Wiz
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (frogbeastegg @ Feb. 24 2004,06:03)]Papewaio Hardly an empire, just the one forum so geisha frog will do...for now, at least until I take over a few more
    Mistress of the Empire is a very good series by Janny Wurts and some guy ;) where I got the name Papewaio from :D...
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Quote[/b] (The Wizard @ Feb. 26 2004,01:00)]his guide ack
    Now you understand why such drastic action is required Even worse I have found someone quoting chunks of my guide with no credit to me or my work, it is merely something 'found on the org'. I posted a polite request for credit and got completely ignored. So be it, .com is my first target

First I start reading George Martin's Song of Fire and Ice series and find a Ser Clegane running around in it, then I find Papewaio comes from another series. I shall poke around my library and see if they have this 'Mistress of the Empire' series...probably not.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Quote[/b] (frogbeastegg @ Feb. 25 2004,20:33)]what exactly strut your Geisha stuff means and how to do that, what my geisha girl way means and how to use that
    Well, if is me watching you, then I'd be all and and and and and
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

Quote[/b] (Mount Suribachi @ Feb. 26 2004,19:44)]
    Quote[/b] (frogbeastegg @ Feb. 25 2004,20:33)]what exactly strut your Geisha stuff means and how to do that, what my geisha girl way means and how to use that

Poor innocent froggy, shocked to near death Nope, I certainly couldn't do that Really not suited to that type of thing, absolutely clueless and I have an embarrassing tendancy to go bright red at the merest hint of stuff like that connected with me
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

Rofl

Suribachi... I presume the missus is not in the same room as you posting that?

~Wiz

"It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

Legitimate Businessman Member Teutonic Knight's Avatar
    My legitimate mansion bought with legitimate monies.

Quote[/b] (frogbeastegg @ Feb. 26 2004,15:53)]
    Quote[/b] (Mount Suribachi @ Feb. 26 2004,19:44)]

Poor innocent froggy, shocked to near death Nope, I certainly couldn't do that Really not suited to that type of thing, absolutely clueless and I have an embarrassing tendancy to go bright red at the merest hint of stuff like that connected with me
    ROFLMAO

Default Re: Welcome!

Bah, the only really bad people at GameFAQs are the ones in all the popular genres, if you go to the forums with sensible people in them (BG2, Empire Earth isn't bad) you'll probably find many nicer people, but I have to agree recently the site has degenerated heavily. I remember on the old GameFAQs the time of my life was at least a 500-post topic/argument with some Brits that lasted for weeks... We made all sorts of snide comments but it was just for fun, then I tried to recreate the topic and eveyone went like "What the hell we don't flame Britain like that here!" and so on and so forth...

CNET corrupts all...

Dispensing plasmids one bacteria at a time...

Default Re: Welcome!

This is the most hilarious sticky I think that I've ever read...

I never got Bastila to hook up with me in KotoR. 'Course that was because Revan most certainly is a female herself. :D
    "Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?"

--Fry, Futurama, the show that does not advocate the cool crime of robbery

Default Re: Welcome to the Arena! A few things you should know ...

Added the gist of the spoiler policy and language threads into this one's first post, brought it a little more up to date, and unpinned the now obsolete threads. Also removed a couple of pinned threads which were long dead. Pinned the "what are you playing?" topic, as it has proven popular.

Ah, nice and tidy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12