Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Automatic LukMap & Script creator

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (dessa14 @ Nov. 15 2003,21:54)]where do i get the latest Lukmapmaker
    i need it for my new conquistador mod
    thanks dessa
    I have uploaded all the LMM versions, along with extra files and tools to my Yahoo briefcase.
    Get 'em here--> http://briefcase.yahoo.com/dr3mew3vr

Just click on Shared Docs and then LMM and related files. I recommend that you download all versions of LMM (LMM1, LMM2, LMM3, LMM3v3) because Wellington has files and info in the older files that aren't in some of the newer ones.
    Dremewevr

All you have to do, is to decide what you are going to do in the time that has been given to you... -Gandalf the Grey

Member Member Bevan of Hertfordshire's Avatar

Thumbs up

Who's the man?
    And so Lord Woodhouse, barged into the Kings bedchambers with waders and a fishing pole (possibly drunk) and said; My Liege, the Rivers are so high that you need waders to stay above them My ancestor to his Highness Edward IV

Experimental Archaeologist Member Russ Mitchell's Avatar

Gentlemen: I have been going back and forth with Wes, assisting him with his mod on some historical matters, but I am basically an end user, and am finding the first faq up top to be broken. Much of my problems trying to assist Wes has been in trying to get around being hamstrung by a badly-conceived map... Am I correct in understanding that, with the use of lmm and photoshop, I would be able to redraw the standard-issue map in order to correct CA's many egregious historical errors in East-Central and SE Europe? I do not understand how the map itself syncs up with the system CA uses for its numbered area determinations...

Thank you in advance, I know that this is a bit of a goo-goo-ga-ga question.

-Russ
    Ngata tsukelan mokwisipiak!

Hello , I want to learn how to modify the campaign map, so this is a question for Wellington or another great MTW modder like him who knows that and want to answer:

I need a guide step by step to use the lukupmapmaker that includes what programs have i to use (and how to use them ) . I found the same to create heros, units, and to mod the startpos files and it was very usefull but i didnt find it for the modding of the map.

I think that it could be very interesting either for me and the others who want to start to create their own maps for the game.

I found too much work and commments about map making and map modding but nothing enough clear and joined in a "Map Modding Compendium " hahaha

Is it just me or is the link to the download in the first post broken? I really want this tool
    May your first child be a masculine child.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Hi.

I'm just wondering, I have LMM but it seems there is a file missing.

Is there meant to be a file called "Regionnames.txt" in the defaults folder.

If so could someone tell me a link where I can get the full version. Thx.

Unhappy

Oh and another thing. I have a map which I have made, when I run a Test map, there are no errors and everything seems ok.

But when I run a Map/Script, I get 200 errors, and in the bitmaps it makes it seems as if one of the sea regions has overrun all the other regions apart from 3 of them.

Can anyone help??

Hello People
    I need help with lukupmapmaker.
    I created a mod of the original strategic map adding eight new historical provinces to the iberian peninsule: Santiago, Asturias, Toledo, Niebla, Sevilla, Murcia, Catalonia and an island, Baleares (of the kind of malta or Rodas ).
    I have a P4 2400 so..
    I followed the instructions and created all the features needed, then i tested the map and corrected the errors. Afterwards I pushed start Map/script and corrected the errors making a correct and complete map.
    But before i could have the work done the dll's license for the LMM just expired.
    I need that somenone tell me how to find the dll one more time and, if possible, permanently.
    If not i need someone who wants to make mi map, I can pass him my original and my featured map. Then he can give it to me.
    And i need that someone explain me how to edit the factions.txt in the default file in order to make a correct script.
    Then how can i install my new map???

I think i might know the answer to ur question Sir Viente but then again i'm not sure i can say it out loud

On the other hand I do know the answer to my own question. For anyone who has the same problem, I turned off the Water on Land feature and made the water on land fetures as provinces without an origin or castle. When I run the script/map run, it comes up with an error per region, but as far as i can see, those regions become water on land features as a way to correct the problem. It seemed that the problem simply dissapeared when I did this.

I have another problem though which i'm going to ask in one of the Q and A threads.

Myrdaal, you have to check all the pixels that the LMM autocorrects cause making that the program causes too many troubles, most of those 200 errors. One time did that you can Start your map/script without fear.

I need anyone who helps me with the script part of that, and who tell me where to find definitively the dll required to use the LMM because my period just expired.
    Can even anyone help me making the map in his computer?? I have the original and the featured map.

Answer please

Hello my friends I have solved alone my own troubles but there is a thing about the LMM taht i cant:
    I have my 8 map files plus my script, but I cant find the fe_minimap and the fe_minimap_lukup...
    Does the Lmm create them or not?? have I to create those files?

OK I solved alone this trouble again but How the hell can I install my map??? I mean manual installation cause the automatic fails.
    My map is a mod of the original but when I start the textures are correct but the lukup seems dont work cause the new provinces and region limits dont appear
    Please HELP ME AT LEAST THIS TIME

Sorry I know how frustrating it can be to have no answers so I'm going to say:

I don't know

(try posting at the .com forums they answer more often there)

Ok another one time I solved my trouble and i maked a usable map for MTW: VI with LMM. I think that the LMM is for only the MTW but I adapted it to VI.
    I need 8 identifiers usables for my new provinces, can them be landregs?? if yes... has the landreg number relation with the declarelandregion order in the script???
    please, tell me 8 identifiers

Please dont answer all at the same time, i was joking...

Wellington, Kekvit, Sir Nate, Lord of Storms, someone has to know it.

And Why cant I post a new topic?? What have I to do in order to be allowed to do that??

Member Member Sir Zack de Caldicot's Avatar

Member Rnk for your last question Sir Viente
    I WANT ROME - TOTAL WAR

No one Rank, only those who i know but I will be very happy if i met another modder who ask question, anyone at least...
    I solved all the troubles i had by myself, alone, so i see that this is the spirit of the forum.. very poor..

I have succesfully done my map for MTW VI and my own script, i want to give too much thanks for your cooperation and your worship.
    But if, by a miracle, any reader of this reply could help me in my last detail please HELP

I see a bug in crimea in the radar map, it is ever coloured of orange or yellow in fuction of if you play with the bad named Spanish or the Aragonese.
    The other bug is the fact that in the borderdesc in my script i have to put ever AT_WESTERN_EUROPEAN cause if not the script doesnt work.

I have only my Early modded file for the moment but i am going to create the others.

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

Quote[/b] (Sir Viente @ Mar. 09 2004,13:47)]No one Rank, only those who i know but I will be very happy if i met another modder who ask question, anyone at least...
    I solved all the troubles i had by myself, alone, so i see that this is the spirit of the forum.. very poor..
    OK, First off this is an unfair comment, you all must understand the complexity of a tool such as LMM and the fact that comprehensive documentation has not yet been released so as you did by trial and error is how many others are doing it as well, the creator of this program has not been here for some time , last we heard a newer version with documentation was forthcoming but never came about, these forums set the community standard for modding and we have many helpful patrons, but we do not see or read every topic so some get missed and unanswered this is not by design it just happens, you are new to these forums and to make such a statement is unfair and unjustified, spend some time here before passing judgement after 8 posts becuase you did not get a response, not many visit this thread becuase nothing new has been offered by its creator for some time and those around here know that.
    I suggest you rethink that staement when and if you have spent enough time in the community and get to know the many helpful patrons that frequent these baords, I say they are the best around and the org is known for its Modding more so then any other MTW fansite, just look at the quality mods being done here and you will see what I mean... LOS
    Taking life one day at a time!

Quote[/b] (Myrddraal @ Mar. 08 2004,10:06)]Sorry I know how frustrating it can be to have no answers so I'm going to say:

I don't know

(try posting at the .com forums they answer more often there)
    Really? did you find topics like this over there? oh I guess not thats why your here, I dont like statements as immature as this , this community of modders is the best around bar none again another judgemnt form a patron with 8 posts, spend more time and get to know people here and you will find them to be most helpful indeed, dont prejudge ...LOS

Exclamation

Unfortunatley no new information has been offered for sometime here,
    and the new version has yet to be released, which we are all still hoping to see.
    Good documentation for LMM is needed, as many patrons seem to have trouble using the program as it is now.
    So maybe when and if the new version comes out we will revive this thread.
    I am moving this to the Repository for now, LOS

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112