Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 3135

Thread: BKB Super Mod

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: BKB Super Mod

I have edited the initial post with links to the AtomicGamer download urls, for both the v2.0 exe and the 2.1 patch. If I screwed up, let me know.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Member thankful for this post:

ferdi 

The Khazars need to be changed from Muslim to Jewish.
    EDIT:

Using Dragon Editor, I can't find any way to do this. I also do not see any Synagogue buildings. I want to make a fix and post the fix but I don't know how to do it.
    Last edited by Imperiumiv; 08-06-2011 at 19:49.

To the best of my knowledge, factions are confined to Catholic, Orthodox, Muslim, or Pagan cultures. Heretics and Jews only appear as percentages of population faiths.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

Roger. I wasn't aware of this. If I wanted to however, how could i change a faction's religion and the starting religion percentage for those provinces? Is it because the MTW engine cannot handle more than 3 religions for factions?

In the startpos file, each faction should have both a SetCulture and SetReligion line. The options for culture are: CATHOLIC_CULTURE, MUSLIM_CULTURE, ORTHODOX_CULTURE, and PAGAN_CULTURE, the options for religion are: REL_CATHOLIC, REL_ISLAMIC, REL_ORTHODOX, REL_PAGAN. Some things are controlled through culture, others through religions, not sure what would happen if a faction has a mismatch. Try REL_JEWISH for grins, but I don't think it works.

Setting religious percentages for provinces is something I haven't figured out yet. The province SetAttributes line has some effect, but I'm not sure how the small heretic/Jewish populations get set at the start.

Hi Everyone,

i recently encountered an CTD while playing the BKB Super MOD with 2.1 Patch.

I played HRE, took France and Venice then the problems started.
    The Egypts sent their priests, i killed them an sent bishops in these Provinces.

A while later i tried to look if i had 100% catolizism again ( right mouse on the province) an the game crashed.

I have this problem in nearly every game at some point or another.

Here is an Link to an savegame in which this problem occurs. In Saxony and Normandy this occurs particularly...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=90RIN2JA
    Last edited by Istariol; 10-25-2011 at 22:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Istariol View Post
    Hi Everyone,

i recently encountered an CTD while playing the BKB Super MOD with 2.1 Patch.

I played HRE, took France and Venice then the problems started.
    The Egypts sent their priests, i killed them an sent bishops in these Provinces.

A while later i tried to look if i had 100% catolizism again ( right mouse on the province) an the game crashed.

I this problem in nearly every game at some point or another.
    I include a savegame, hopefully someone can tell me where the problem is.
    (I have to confess it is slightly cheated...)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=90RIN2JA

*Sorry, needed two posts to post links^^

I'll try out this modification. :D
    "The good eat to live. The evil live to eat."
    -Socrates

Mod didn't install:
    It didn't change Medieval Total War, but in the installation: I had to redirect it too C:\Program Files (x86)\Total War\Medieval - Total War
    Still didn't work- Medieval Total War is the same... but only it actually crashes now!!! THANKS A LOT !
    "The good eat to live. The evil live to eat."
    -Socrates

hmm
    Last edited by iLeeT_PeeP; 03-30-2012 at 14:44.
    PEASANTS DONT LIKE BEING TAXED (ECONOMIC CHALLENGE) MOD VERSION 1.0 RELEASED!
    DOWNLOAD IT NOW

Hi guys,

So I recently started playing MTW:VI again and started of with two great mods, XL and BKB. Ive finished XL but am working my way through BKB right now and am definitely having a much harder time with the AI in this mod. That being said, thats amazing! I am really happy to find a mod where the AI not only backstabs but also puts up a decent fight with formation and the units it has at hand.

I have come across two things that I would like to fix however I do not know how to mod.

Bugs:
    1. Master Stone Mason costs 100 instead of 1000 (I assume)
    2. Playing as the Welsh, whenever I attack Ireland the map doesnt load, it comes up black in the pre-battle screen and when the fight takes place I fight on a generic, tree-less field. This also happens when Wales gets attacked, I had to defend on the same map.

How can I fix these two problems?

Cheers.

Welcome to the Org, theValentino!

Quote Originally Posted by theValentino View Post
    Bugs:
    1. Master Stone Mason costs 100 instead of 1000 (I assume)
    2. Playing as the Welsh, whenever I attack Ireland the map doesnt load, it comes up black in the pre-battle screen and when the fight takes place I fight on a generic, tree-less field. This also happens when Wales gets attacked, I had to defend on the same map.

How can I fix these two problems?
    I don't have access to the files at the moment, but these should be relatively easy to fix. Which era did you start your campaign in?

Edit-> Got the BKB installed here at home.

The first fix is pretty easy, look in the top level of the directory where you installed the BKB mod. There should be 3 files, EARLY_MODDED_CRUSADER_BUILD_PROD13.TXT, HIGH_MODDED_CRUSADER_BUILD_PROD13.TXT, and LATE_MODDED_CRUSADER_BUILD_PROD13.TXT. You can open these up in Notepad, look for the line that starts with this:
    Code:
    3	STONEMASON	"StoneMason, StoneMasons Workshop, StoneMasons Guild, Master StoneMason"	"NON_PRODUCER, CATHEDRAL_INCOME"	"250, 400, 600, 100"	"1, 2, 3, 4"
    To fix the cost, you want to change the "250, 400, 600, 100" to "250, 400, 600, 1000", these are the costs of the buildings/upgrades in the stone mason line. You will need to fix this in all 3 files, and as always back up the files before editing. I believe fixing this will fix the problem in your current game.

On the second, I'm not so sure. It might be a problem in the startpos file, I would need to know which era you started with. I'm not sure this is fixable in a current game.
    Last edited by drone; 05-02-2012 at 03:01.

Thank you for the prompt reply and the welcome.

I started the campaign on Super Early as the Welsh. Also its ok if I have to restart, its really annoying not fighting on the "real" field because it takes away from the feel of the game and the strategic advantage that I or the AI may gain.

Cheers for the feedback!

On your second question, I think I know the problem. If you look in the startpos files (located in BKB top level dir\Medieval - Total War\campmap\startpos, file names Super Early.txt, Super High.txt, Super Late.txt), there are lines that start with "SetBorderInfo::".
    Code:
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_WALES	ID_IRELAND	5120	5664	0	LUSH	AT_WESTERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	FLT2HLL	NO_RIVER
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_IRELAND	ID_WALES	6592	6128	0	LUSH	AT_WESTERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	FLT2HLL	NO_RIVER
    This tells the game how to handle the border in the campaign. For the provinces ID_IRELAND and ID_WALES, it looks like the border is described as coastal, flat to hilly, no river. Looking in Medieval - Total War\Battle\Maps, it doesn't look like there are any maps that start with "flattohillscoastal", so I assume the game is loading the default. There are a couple of other borders set like this, they will probably have the same problem.

I don't know if BKB had a mappack that had battlefields to match these types. Without any new maps, I would say change the the "FLT2HLL" to either "FLAT" or "HILLY", there are maps for these settings in the vanilla game.

Hi Drone,

Thank you for the information, it worked like a charm!
    Last edited by theValentino; 05-02-2012 at 19:47.

Good to hear it. It seems strange that a bug like that would still exist in a popular mod, I would have assumed someone would have reported it and BKB would have fixed it. Maybe there is a mappack or another patch out there that fixes this problem, I'll search around some.

Thanks. If there is an alternative map pack that I can use to fill in the slot then Im all done to do some modding :)

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Good to hear it. It seems strange that a bug like that would still exist in a popular mod, I would have assumed someone would have reported it and BKB would have fixed it. Maybe there is a mappack or another patch out there that fixes this problem, I'll search around some.

I have a question regarding BKB mod. I am not sure if this is the right area in forum.

Can you play BKB on system with windows 7 operating system. I have tried several times to load with no success. The game crashes when I select a faction.

All help is much appreciated. I have loaded and played XL and redux successfully.

Zarakas

If you can run other mods with your setup, I don't see why we couldn't get BKB running for you.

I would suggest you try the button fix first. Download the fix file specified in this post, and put the two .bif files into the "Medieval - Total War\campmap\buttons" directory of your BKB installation. Hopefully this does the trick!

Thanks Drone

It all works fine now.

Much Appreciated
    Zarakas

Just installed the mod into my Total War (not Medieval-Total War) folder, but when I click on the desktop icon I get an error message reading:

Unknown faction specified: column 20, row 8
    FN_EGYPTIAN

Are you installing the mod over a fresh MTW install? And do you have the Viking Invasion expansion (or MTW Gold)?

Welcome to the .Org, BrainSewage!

Just thought I would post something I discovered about BKB's mod. There has been for me a continuing problem with CTDs (crashes) on Super High focused on the Balkans. I have been unable to discover what the problem was until recently.

Battles would crash in Morea, Thessaly, Serbia, and Eprirus. What I discovered is that battles involving Byzantine Infantry in non-byzantine service will automatically crash. If they are in rebel service they will also cause a crash.

I moved a bribed rebel Byzantine Infantry unit from Epirus to Venice and when a battle took place it also crashed. It wasn't the Balkans, but rather the unit. I have played the Byzantines in Super High and experienced no crashes with Byzantine Infantry units of my own except in the Balkans region. I presume these would involve rebel, or bribed Byzantine Infantry in other service.

I changed the Byzantine Infantry to ALL_FACTIONS under the mercenary heading and removed the 'Orthodox' culture requirement but that didn't prevent any crashes.

I changed all the Byzantine Infantry to Byzantine Spearmen (Skutatos) and have so far experienced no crashes when previously it was guaranteed.

I don't know if a bribed Byzantine Infantry unit from the Byzantine faction will also cause a crash. None of these problems exist in Super Early so it is presumably something about Super High that causes this.

Just wanted to post this in case it can help anyone.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    -- John Stewart Mills

But from the absolute will of an entire people there is no appeal, no redemption, no refuge but treason.
    LORD ACTON

I'm trying to install it but to which folder, I cannot be sure. my total war is installed on not C driver. it is on D drive.it is like that : "D:\Total War" . So when I choose the destination folder where I need to choose? (I also installed and uninstall it 3-4 times but it doesnot work. when I installed it always creates a sub folder called "medieval total war. i'm so confused.
    after I install the game when ı push the exe file to start it says like this also:
    some how ı solve the problem.
    but the solution not exacxtly right anywhere.
    first install mtw
    then viking invasion
    then 2.0 bkb in main folder D/totalwas or C/total war
    then install patch the same place.
    now u got the game.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot001.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	119.3 KB 
ID:	9016  
    Last edited by ferdi; 04-15-2013 at 00:57.

Insert Custom User Title Member Imperator Honorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ferdi View Post
    I'm trying to install it but to which folder, I cannot be sure. my total war is installed on not C driver. it is on D drive.it is like that : "D:\Total War" . So when I choose the destination folder where I need to choose? (I also installed and uninstall it 3-4 times but it doesnot work. when I installed it always creates a sub folder called "medieval total war. i'm so confused.
    after I install the game when ı push the exe file to start it says like this also:
    some how ı solve the problem.
    but the solution not exacxtly right anywhere.
    first install mtw
    then viking invasion
    then 2.0 bkb in main folder D/totalwas or C/total war
    then install patch the same place.
    now u got the game.
    If I'm understanding you correctly, and the case is that M:TW is installed in the Total War folder with the main game's exe, then the mod should go there too. easiest fix is to get the mod's files out of the subfolder and have them overwrite the main folder's files. :)

A few years too late, but hopefully it will help if another person has a similar problem. :P

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened. ~ Douglas Adams

Assassins Guild Member The Outsider's Avatar

Hi Drone, none of the atomic gamer links seems to work for me. The website opens and there are three options there but none of them work. Can you please tell me if I can download from somewhere else? Also, how complete is the mod? Eg Does it have proper unit icons and information parchament for new units? I know it sounds stupid but I care about this stuff for immersion. If i see a poorly made copy paste image in my parchments I get upset :)

Edit: So i managed to make one of the links work and the mod is now downloading however the link for the 2.1 patch doesnt work at all, any help on that would be appreciated.

Also, I am trying to install it to steam version of MTW so it just has Medieval Total War 1 folder, shall I install into this?
    Last edited by The Outsider; 07-24-2015 at 15:12. Reason: Edit

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Edit: So i managed to make one of the links work and the mod is now downloading however the link for the 2.1 patch doesnt work at all, any help on that would be appreciated.
    I think the AG link is good (for another week or so), but if you can't get it from there, try the Org's Mizus server backup.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Also, I am trying to install it to steam version of MTW so it just has Medieval Total War 1 folder, shall I install into this?
    I believe you just install it over your Steam version (...\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Medieval 1 Gold), that's what everyone says, but I haven't tried it personally.

Hi Drone,
    The AG link for BKB super 2.0 seem to be malfunctioning, would you happen to have a back up? Or alternatively, do you know anyone who might have a stable link or drop box back up?

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kenny View Post
    Hi Drone,
    The AG link for BKB super 2.0 seem to be malfunctioning, would you happen to have a back up? Or alternatively, do you know anyone who might have a stable link or drop box back up?
    Try this one: https://forums.totalwar.org/mizu/miz...sion%202.0.exe

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    I can add two links:

1. BKB Super Mod Version 2.1 Patch6-07.exe (original BKB's patch)

2. LATE_MODDED_CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.ZIP (my own little patch for late era campaign crash)
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105 LastLast